Please Support RGN
Donate Today!!

Go Back   Raiders Game Net > RGN Game News & Discussion > Call of Duty Franchise

Call of Duty Franchise Discussion of ALL Call of Duty Versions

ROTR is no more
Old 10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
2nd Lieutenant

RaDioAcTivE is on a distinguished road
Default ROTR is no more

From their website:

Rise of the Resistance Update

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Now, first and foremost, I want to say thank you to all Community Members from the modding community that came on board, and helped out as much as they did. A special thank you to Tally, for starting this project, fronting all the resources and finances for the websites, servers, etc, etc.

Now, due to alot of complications and unforeseen obsticales, both in the creation of Rise of the Resistance and all of the Dev Teams personal lives, jobs, commitments, etc. we unfortunately have to shut down production.

It truely saddens me at this point, to see this project come to an end, especially after seeing how MUCH there has been completed. Almost 600 megs of files.

So near completion, yet with what needs to be done, we are still so far from the finish line. But again, due to unforeseen problems, the key people in the Dev Team that would make this possible to complete, must tend to other things for their own reasons.

With all of that said, I do not believe ANY one on the Dev Team would want to see all this hard work and time lost. Deleted from existance, so to speak as if it never happened. So, over the next few days or week, I will be putting files in ZIP's, and releasing them to the public. To use on your server's, to put into your own modifications, or to continue working on for the betterment of the COD community.

Again, thank you to EVERYONE for everything.

source: http://www.cod2-expansion.com/

Re: ROTR is no more
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM
V.I.P.

Harvey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ROTR is no more

Sad to see. I was hoping that MODs like ROTR, Remember September and GFM2 would help breathe new life into COD2.

Even with COD4 knocking on the door there's still people playing COD2. It's good to see that they'll be releasing what they had...maybe some other team can pick up some of the resources

Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

Tally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, it is sad.

We just couldn't over come technical problems making custom characters with the limited tools we had been given (something Unbound Forces have had as well), I didnt see how the project could work MP wise. The whole concept of the project was to have new player characters. The distortions in the models we made made them crappy and unprofessional.

Add to that the fact that we had no MP mappers (I just dont think the idea of the project captured their imagination at all), giving us a total of just 3 maps, I suggested that the project should just be SP - which is where I think its going now.

Sparks resigned as SP leader, we had a big fall out over my stance on IW, etc etc, other dev team members wanted to quit and wait for COD4, I resigned as leader, Joker took over as Project Leader, now the site is shut completely. Its all very very sad.

Fact remains however, that all the material we successfully did - especially the MP stuff, will get released seperately. So, that's good news at least.

We wont be seeing Unbound Forces, or GFM3, as those projects have hit the skids as well because of the sheer unmoddability of COD2.

IW sure didnt want it to be moddable, what with all the inheirant limits and what not in it, lack of tools, etc.

Last edited by Tally; 10-22-2007 at 09:18 AM..

Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

wakka is a truly talented, fearless leaderwakka is a truly talented, fearless leader

Lets see what COD4 and SOF brings forth on that front

I know i'm back to prefabbing in lue of cod4

Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Sergeant

Norminator is a truly talented, fearless leader

That's too bad...
Although I completely understand and relate to the problems you guys have with modding CoD2 to the extent you wanted.
Even though I'm not a modder myself, I keep getting the impression that CoD2 is a game that just doesn't want to be modified. If you change something, 100 problems come up and there are no "fixes", just workarounds. (having to use the USE key for anything and everything is a good example on that).

I really hope the teams work hasn't gone to waste, and that it possibly can be used for CoD4 somewhere down the line.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

Tally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of light

The SP side of RotR is continuing. Here is the latest post by one of the heads of the team - Tropheus:

http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index...opic=27972&hl=