Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN Game News > GAME NEWS

GAME NEWS Worldwide Game NEWS, Gossip, Insider Info...
concerning all things Games.

Battalion 1944 Reaches Funding Goal with 27 Days Left
Old 02-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold
Default Battalion 1944 Reaches Funding Goal with 27 Days Left

Battalion 1944 Reaches Funding Goal with 27 Days Left,
Stretch Goals Coming Soon

Friday, 5 February 2016 10:35 GMT By Sherif Saed

The recently announced WW2 shooter Battalion 1944 has reached its funding goal.

The Kickstarter campaign for Battalion 1944 has only been live for three days, but it seems shooter fans really did want a WW2 shooter, because the game has already surpassed its modest funding goal of £100,000.

As of the time of writing, the campaign has earned £110,931 from 3,824 backers. Developer Bulkhead said in an update that stretch goals are being worked on, and we can expect them in the coming weeks. Reaching the funding goal means the developer will pitch in another £100,000 to the starting budget.

Battalion 1944 is built on Unreal Engine 4 and aims to recreate the magic of classics such as Call of Duty 2 and Day of Defeat, with an added edge of authenticity and a progression system that doesn’t rely on gun unlocks.

The game currently has an expected release date of May 2017.

SOURCE

Ed Note: At last, some real FPS good news!

Regards,

Old 02-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

[3rdArmy]CW-4 is a truly talented, fearless leader

Finally a shooter that is a "shooter" and not an arcade game!

"We've made many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space
and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line
must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

~ Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D).

Old 02-06-2016, 10:37 AM

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [3rdArmy]CW-4 View Post
Finally a shooter that is a "shooter" and not an arcade game!
And...... the Developers are friendly - not conceited.

EA, ACT and the others fools chasing SCI-FI & Zombies can stay there for all I care.

Regards,

Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 PM

Twrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of light

Now if they could just slow it down a little so it's not kung-fu crazy fast reloads and ice skaters doing the 50 yard dash for miles. And what's with the bundles of cash on their heads?

Old 02-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrecks View Post
Now if they could just slow it down a little so it's not kung-fu crazy fast reloads and ice skaters doing the 50 yard dash for miles. And what's with the bundles of cash on their heads?
Take a second look..... there are no crosshairs in the vid only hit marks. the run speed is ok, (in spurts).

Like I said at least the developers are friendly and not a bunch of smug asshats.

This game show great promise just as Festung Europa does....

Regards,

Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Twrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of lightTwrecks is a glorious beacon of light

I like it on a whole, the environments look great.

However, look at the player movement. They are moving faster than their foot steps allow, though they are cleaverly disguised by flippin heals. Minor point to be sure, just reminds me of float from DOOM.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:30 AM
V.I.P.

Drstrangelove is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing gents.

I had no idea that this game was currently in development. The only WW2 (FPS) game that I knew was being developed was "Traction Wars".

So now, it looks as though we have (2) new WW2 in development and being released next year.

Take care everyone!

Speed
Old 02-09-2016, 10:38 AM
V.I.P.

Kerflumoxed is a truly talented, fearless leader
Default Speed

Is this another "run 'n gun", shoot-'em from the hip and never-miss, turn-off the foliage, pick your favorite macro, type of game? Don't mean to offend; just asking.

Jack

"Just do what's right!" UCLA Basketball Coach John Wooden (October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010)
In other words, DON'T CHEAT!

Old 02-15-2016, 07:35 PM
V.I.P.

Kowalczyk is a truly talented, fearless leaderKowalczyk is a truly talented, fearless leader

I had to come back here to comment on this game!

I am pretty excited by it, but ultimately for me the playability will depend on the game modes they include - Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, no thanks ... Search and Destroy would be cool, but I enjoy the RO style Territory the best, which they havent mentioned. They also say they are working on new modes, so I guess we will wait and see what they might be.

I aint interested in Vietnam, so the next offering of RS2 can jump off a cliff, and it doesnt seem like Festung is going anywhere, unless I am missing the news, so I really hope this can bring some fun back into my gaming, after the debacle of RO2/RS left such a bad taste in my and I think many people's mouths.

Almost 230,000 pounds (I aint got a pound sign on my keyboard lol) and 16 days to go, it's getting funded for sure, and with the 100,000 they will also add, they are gonna have a lot of cash to work on this, so fingers crossed they can make something epic.

We don't rise to the level of our expectations,
we fall to the level of our training.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:03 AM

=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalczyk View Post
I had to come back here to comment on this game!

I am pretty excited by it, but ultimately for me the playability will depend on the game modes they include - Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, no thanks ... Search and Destroy would be cool, but I enjoy the RO style Territory the best, which they havent mentioned. They also say they are working on new modes, so I guess we will wait and see what they might be.

I aint interested in Vietnam, so the next offering of RS2 can jump off a cliff, and it doesnt seem like Festung is going anywhere, unless I am missing the news, so I really hope this can bring some fun back into my gaming, after the debacle of RO2/RS left such a bad taste in my and I think many people's mouths.
Not really that excited about it as I suspect that gameplay will be more COD'ish. I am more partial to RO's Territory style best myself (ultimately a blend of RO2 and some of RO1 would be best for me). From the few things I have seen, the devs seem more interested in run'n'gun shoebox size maps with smgs.

Now, no unlocks would certainly be nice but it will come down to the gameplay. I will have to see what others think about that, because if I were to buy another game that played like COD does I will just be pissed at myself. Looking forward to Festung Europe (the only one I am mostly sure I'd like the actual gameplay), but that seems so far over the horizon its silly to get excited about it yet.

And RS2 Vietnam... I'd take an educated guess that the gameplay is decent enough but I care so little for things done after WW2 with so many more automatic weapons I'd probably only pick it up on sale after its been out for awhile.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:01 AM
V.I.P.

Kowalczyk is a truly talented, fearless leaderKowalczyk is a truly talented, fearless leader

Yeah, that's what I am afraid of - small maps, arcadey game modes, everybody wants the auto weapons. And I am not sure what to think of having no vehicles - good or bad?

They say they want to make it realistic, but they seem to have the CoDs and MoHs as a model for that, not RO, which went so much further than both of those, as we all know.

I really want to pledge my $15 dollars to it, but that would be like a pre-order, without knowing how the final game would turn out, and we know how that went with the RO2 release lol.

Donation
Old 02-16-2016, 10:36 AM
V.I.P.

Kerflumoxed is a truly talented, fearless leader
Default Donation

I think the time to donate only 15 bucks is past! As I look at their site, I think the lowest amount you can donate is 21 bucks....and, then, what do you get for the donation other than a "maybe" feel-good memory.

Jack

"Just do what's right!" UCLA Basketball Coach John Wooden (October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010)
In other words, DON'T CHEAT!

Old 02-23-2016, 12:43 PM
V.I.P.

Ahh, you're right - I mistook the money sign, it is $21 dollars, I was looking at the pounds and thinking that was dollars.

It's passed it's goal and it's definitely going to be developed, so I am going to leave it and watch how it grows.

Who knows, we might all see each other again on the battlefield in it.

Traction Wars
Old 02-24-2016, 09:56 AM
V.I.P.

Drstrangelove is on a distinguished road
Default Traction Wars

Just wondering if everyone has seen this.....

http://www.tractionwars.com/content.html

Old 02-24-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrangelove View Post
Just wondering if everyone has seen this.....

http://www.tractionwars.com/content.html

Looks real good...... Release date TBA.

Regards,

Old 02-25-2016, 10:05 AM

=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about=GG= Mr Moe has a spectacular aura about

Will have to keep my eye on it...

Old 02-27-2016, 05:36 AM
V.I.P.

That looks very interesting and promising, but it does have an awful name :P

It also goes to show that even though the WWII shooter genre was saturated a few years back, there is still a big interest out there to play games like these.

Battalion 1944
Old 11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Mapper/Modder

Sven71 is a truly talented, fearless leaderSven71 is a truly talented, fearless leader
Default Battalion 1944

Maybe they wlak down the marketplaye economy path and offer a choice to the users:

both oldschool CoD style gameplay and gametypes

AND

hard RO2 realism with larger territory maps

As the difference is mainly based on animation style and speed and maybe some post processing stuff to blur the vision and some physics on the bullets to have a decent realistic spread it should be feasible.

Both worlds in one game under server admin control would be great IMHO.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:48 PM
V.I.P.

CptFoley101 is on a distinguished road

I hope for the best. Seems like WW2 era games are kicking it up. Im enjoying Day of Defeat 3 (or Day of Infamy). Activision also announced that they will take this year's COD "back to its roots" (which is WW2) but i cant really trust them after the shit they pull since AW with those "supply drops". And about Traction Wars being F2P, no MT's and no P2W seems too good to be true.