Please Support RGN
Donate Today!!

Go Back   Raiders Game Net > RGN Map/Mod Center > CoD Series Mods Discussion

CoD Series Mods Discussion Have mod? Want to share a Mod or info?

RSM RIFLE MOD SOURCE FILES
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Private (Recruit)

lookzor is on a distinguished road
Default RSM RIFLE MOD SOURCE FILES

Greetings!

I'm from the competitive Call Of Duty 4 Scene.

We use a mod called PROMOD, and for a while I think we've been missing something to make the game exciting again, so I went in search of a rifle mod that had a perfectly made kar98.

I came across the RSM RIFLE MOD 1.7, but when trying to implement it into the mod I could only get some of it to work in the mod. But things like the model or shooting sound didn't work.

When I approached the developer of our competitive mod (PROMOD), he said I would need the source files to it.

Does anyone have them, or know where I could get them from?

ZeRoY doesn't seem to want to answer me, and he actively uses his twitter account so I know he's just ignoring me.

I have no clue why he wouldn't want to help me out and give me the source codes to a mod that has long been dead. Even offered him cash.. but no luck.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

Tally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of lightTally is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookzor View Post
Greetings!

I'm from the competitive Call Of Duty 4 Scene.

We use a mod called PROMOD, and for a while I think we've been missing something to make the game exciting again, so I went in search of a rifle mod that had a perfectly made kar98.

I came across the RSM RIFLE MOD 1.7, but when trying to implement it into the mod I could only get some of it to work in the mod. But things like the model or shooting sound didn't work.

When I approached the developer of our competitive mod (PROMOD), he said I would need the source files to it.

Does anyone have them, or know where I could get them from?

ZeRoY doesn't seem to want to answer me, and he actively uses his twitter account so I know he's just ignoring me.

I have no clue why he wouldn't want to help me out and give me the source codes to a mod that has long been dead. Even offered him cash.. but no luck.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks!
Zeroy is permanently banned from this site for being a complete douche bag. So, don't expect anyone from here to help you regarding that fool.

As for your modding problem, you would do better to port one of the bolt action rifles over from World at War to COD4. Very easy to do. All you need is a legitimate copy of World at War, and a good working knowledge of modding. There are programs out there that will port the models over, and one that will compile the xmodels for you.

I don't know if you know this, but there is already a version of COD4 PROMOD out there which has all the bolt action rifles from World at War already ported over. Perhaps you would be better off hunting for a copy of that.

BTW - I moved this thread because it was in the wrong forum.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Private (Recruit)

lookzor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally View Post
Zeroy is permanently banned from this site for being a complete douche bag. So, don't expect anyone from here to help you regarding that fool.

As for your modding problem, you would do better to port one of the bolt action rifles over from World at War to COD4. Very easy to do. All you need is a legitimate copy of World at War, and a good working knowledge of modding. There are programs out there that will port the models over, and one that will compile the xmodels for you.

I don't know if you know this, but there is already a version of COD4 PROMOD out there which has all the bolt action rifles from World at War already ported over. Perhaps you would be better off hunting for a copy of that.

BTW - I moved this thread because it was in the wrong forum.
I saw his ban, although I didn't know where else to ask so this was my last attempt. Unfortunately I have no modding knowledge.

Do you know the exact name of that promod with the WaW guns? or where I could find it, if not thanks anyway, will have a look for them.

All I want to do is add a kar98 to the current PROMOD 2.11 that's available from:

http://www.codpromod.com/

Thanks.

*EDIT*

I found a file of all the WaW gun models ported to be compatible with CoD4. The only problem being I don't know how to make a mod, how to add them to a mod or add them to the above existing mod.

Here's the file I found:

http://www.customcod.com/community/i...view;down=1117

Last edited by lookzor; 02-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Add new info