Please Support RGN
Donate Today!!

Why RGN DUMPED
TRIPWIRE (TWI)

Go Back   Raiders Game Net > RGN Game Servers - Support Center > General Discussion

General Discussion Discuss Stats, Battles and misc topics here

# of Rounds confusion end
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Site Owner - Administrator

Mike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to behold
Default # of Rounds confusion end

Lately .... it seems some have forgotten our rounds setup.

We have, in all our round/match servers, always had best of 5 rounds. That means if a team wins 3 rounds they WIN the match.

Now if there is a tie... 2 rounds per team, then a 5th round is played to determine the match winner.

:rolleyes: Simple right?

Some folks seem to have forgotten... They're only human.

"Often Imitated - NEVER Duplicated!"

Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Lieutenant General (Moderator)

DragonFly has a spectacular aura aboutDragonFly has a spectacular aura about

How long per round? If i am not mistaken, you set it to 45 minutes. That makes a match last over 2hrs, or longer. Maybe that is why I do not see a hole lot of players finish a match, including myself. Lately I play for 1hr maybe 2 max. After that even RO2 becomes boredom. I mean 2hrs+ on one map???? I think that I am not the only one feeling this way. RO2 has great maps to offer, especially with the custom ones out today. Maps should rotate a bit quicker. A match should be 45 min - 1hr, max 1.5hrs.
Still:

Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Site Owner - Administrator

Mike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
How long per round? If i am not mistaken, you set it to 45 minutes. That makes a match last over 2hrs, or longer. Maybe that is why I do not see a hole lot of players finish a match, including myself. Lately I play for 1hr maybe 2 max. After that even RO2 becomes boredom. I mean 2hrs+ on one map???? I think that I am not the only one feeling this way. RO2 has great maps to offer, especially with the custom ones out today. Maps should rotate a bit quicker. A match should be 45 min - 1hr, max 1.5hrs.
Still:

Actually the map maker decides the time frame..... the ONLY time it gets a bit longer is if there is a TIE. Otherwise its less than 90 minutes total.

All I do is decide the number of rounds. Competition as opposed to downtrodden players ...
Lately though, some seem to be in dire need of Zoloft...... or something... Maybe its the world's failing economy or the prospect of another world war.
All I know is, I'm growing weary of having "friends" ragequit after they get called for having made disruptive remarks or not getting their way. That is really awful kid shit.

"Often Imitated - NEVER Duplicated!"