Please Support RGN
Donate Today!!

Go Back   Raiders Game Net > RGN Game Servers - Support Center > ROGUES GALLERY > Game Server BAN APPEALS

Game Server BAN APPEALS Got Banned? Want to plead your case? Go for it!

Sobo 2nd RB banned
Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Private (Recruit)

sobo1 is on a distinguished road
Default Sobo 2nd RB banned

Not sure why, but I was jsut banned from the RGN Oh Semper Fidelis Darkest Hour server.

I haven't played DH much since I got it, but I was doing quite well. I had pushed past the last axis point and was firing on germans from a house as they tried to cross a street to come to me.

All of a sudden, I got a message telling me I was permanently banned. I was given no warning as to doing anything wrong, so I'm not exactly sure why I was?

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me? I was hoping to switch over to DH more (tired of DoD:S), and I would like to be able to play on as many servers as possible. Why was I banned?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Site Owner - Administrator

Mike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo1 View Post
Not sure why, but I was jsut banned from the RGN Oh Semper Fidelis Darkest Hour server.

I haven't played DH much since I got it, but I was doing quite well. I had pushed past the last axis point and was firing on germans from a house as they tried to cross a street to come to me.

All of a sudden, I got a message telling me I was permanently banned. I was given no warning as to doing anything wrong, so I'm not exactly sure why I was?

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me? I was hoping to switch over to DH more (tired of DoD:S), and I would like to be able to play on as many servers as possible. Why was I banned?

Can you buy into the innocence?

You were session banned for spawn raping...... you were warned and told to move back. You ignored the warnings and proceeded to continue your rampage.

(your other, spammed duplicate post was deleted.)

"Often Imitated - NEVER Duplicated!"

Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Private (Recruit)

Sorry, I posted again because I found the correct section soon after the first post. I was not trying to spam the forums.

As for the "spawn raping," I received no verbal warning. If there was a text warning, I must have missed it. As I said before, I am used to DoD:S. There, a message from an admin boots up on the center of the screen. Whether it came there or not (and I think I would have noticed it if it did), I didn't see it purely on accident.

This is a simple mistake. Yes, it is your server, but it seems to be jumping the gun a bit to go right ahead and ban. As I also said before, I am not used to DH. I don't know the maps. From what I saw from my building, Germans were running out from behind hedges either towards me or across a field. If I had seen them simply appearing (spawning), I would have certainly moved back from my location.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 AM

Mike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to beholdMike Nomad is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry, I posted again because I found the correct section soon after the first post. I was not trying to spam the forums.

As for the "spawn raping," I received no verbal warning. If there was a text warning, I must have missed it. As I said before, I am used to DoD:S. There, a message from an admin boots up on the center of the screen. Whether it came there or not (and I think I would have noticed it if it did), I didn't see it purely on accident.
You were thrice given a LOUD & CLEAR verbal warning - I was among those you nailed (3x) coming out of spawn thru the bushes by that house.
Quote:
This is a simple mistake. Yes, it is your server, but it seems to be jumping the gun a bit to go right ahead and ban.
It is not for you to decide how our server is operated. Remember; "When in Rome Do as the Romans Do"... it is your responsibility to learn the ropes.
Quote:
As I also said before, I am not used to DH. I don't know the maps. From what I saw from my building, Germans were running out from behind hedges either towards me or across a field. If I had seen them simply appearing (spawning), I would have certainly moved back from my location.
You were warned THREE times....
In the future, not only in our server but in life itself, lose the excuses and man up.

Ignorantia juris non excusat

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Private (Recruit)

Whatever, man. Its your server, you can run it as you see fit. I didn't expect much, but I hoped that the rumors circulating the community about the admins on your sever acting the way they do were not true. I guess that I wanted to see on my own instead of reading about these other gripes people have had with you.

But, whatever floats your boat. It was a simple mistake, I didn't hear anything, and there are plenty of better moderated servers to play on. Whatever makes you get your jollies, man.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Whatever, man. Its your server, you can run it as you see fit. I didn't expect much, but I hoped that the rumors circulating the community about the admins on your sever acting the way they do were not true.
Is that the best you can do? Cheap shots using hearsay?
Quote:
I guess that I wanted to see on my own instead of reading about these other gripes people have had with you.
Obviously, you hadn't read that the ban was a session ban done to get your attention. Done so since it appeared you ignored the verbal in-server warning. There were plenty of other players who not only heard the warnings but complained of your disruptive activities.

We have only TWO (2) rules on the server....
  • do not cheat
  • do not disrupt the server
That really serves to point out that we are NOT a rule infested server admin'ed by pimple squeezing punks.

Quote:
But, whatever floats your boat. It was a simple mistake, I didn't hear anything, and there are plenty of better moderated servers to play on. Whatever makes you get your jollies, man.
OK Mr. Sarcasm, you are now betraying your immaturity. However, you've proven you are not suited to be part of our server. Please, go elsewhere where you'll more than likely fit in.
You had better stay in college for the duration and learn something.