Dubrava Beta 2 50 man
Well I finally got Beta2 done it should be way better than 1. I have to drop this in there did I mention that this is a 50 man map. I think that this map would be a great addition to the campaigns out there so please take a look.
Fixes made in Beta 2:
- NEW Tore down old fuel depot and built a new one which is much larger and complex should be good for some close in battles.
- NEW Added new SS Camo Skins to map (hat tip Shurek)
- NEW water shader looks more realistic to the surroundings. (hat tip Shurek)
- NEW added a much needed Topo map (hat tip Shurek)
- blocked stairs outside allies spawn. (user request)
- blocked ability to crawl under tanks and inside them.
- turned off text for Get in when you get close to a tank. (hat tip Shurek)
- Russian Sniper class count is fixed, everyone cant be sniper.
- floating windows fixed.
- vegetation should not stop players now.
- Stopped the HT from driving behind the trench.
- added mine volumes behind the trench should be a frontal assault only.
- objectives have been fixed to structure flow of gameplay better.
- added more eye candy.
- added some step ups in trench (user request)
- fixed the need for the Lruce Textue package.
** that is all on my list for now there are some other here and there things.
Special Thanks to:
big thanks for helping with optimization and especially the mortar system and coding. Took a load off of me getting this map finished. Also as you can see he has been working hard on some great improvements.
thanks for the statics
for the satchel Spawner
crew for the AT gun
Drecks and Vivid
thanks for a few borrowed structures
DrGuppy and UncleDrax
for helping me with some issues
Thanks to all other forum posters that have answered my icessant questions and helping me to solve issues in the creation of this map.
History and Setting:
This Maps name I pulled from just looking around in Google earth and a suggestion I believe from dogbadger. I think it is actually a real town in the Kursk Oblast but I don’t even know if a railroad goes through it. The battle though was designed to just be plausible and is not meant to be modeled after any actual event. If you do have historical credence for this battle please send it to me.
This is a small unit action involving a German mechanized assault on a Russian Rail depot the purpose being to capture the fuel depot to keep the Nazi treads turning. The Rail depot doubles as a Russian artillery post and is therefore supported with a small infantry contingent. German infantry must assault over mostly open ground and overwhelm the dug in Russians after which they will assault and capture the assets of the depot itself.
This engagement is combined arms transitioning into Infantry only combat where SMGs and Rifles will have an equal role in combat.
How the map was designed to be played:
First and foremost my intent was to try and encourage teamwork.
As the Germans the team must form up early. Drivers of the halftracks should wait and try to fill their tracks as much as possible.
If you don’t like riding it is a long run I assure you. The first assault is your best bet you will be covered by an artillery smoke barrage on your approach you must overwhelm the trench with much force to grab a foothold and the first objective. Halftrack MGs should wait till the last moments to cover the assault and not telegraph their position, friendly fire will be a strong possibility so be careful.
The Russians meanwhile must hunker down and repel the assault.
They will have one AT gun at their disposal. When hope is lost the Russians may want to fall back into the tunnels and do a fighting retreat. After the first obj is captured Russian Reinforcements will spawn inside the depot where they should be setting up their defenses to repel the Germans when they clear the tunnels. After clearing the tunnels Satchels will be provided to the Germans to gain access to the Train Depot. The battle rages on.
The battle after this point is various kinds of combat. There are some good firing positions but they do not allow you to necessarily keep or take objectives. Towards the end of the battle the Russians must decide which objective they would like to defend and must juggle the amounts of reinforcements accordingly to adequately defend each objective. We will see how this plays out for Beta1 it may end in a stalemate or teeter-totter effect.
Class Load outs:
Squad leaders have been given less ammo to get those that know how to run this class into the spot and discourage those just wanting an SMG. SMGs for SL may be done away with or reduced to 1 clip we will see what is wanted. I think that the consensus has been to leave SL to 3smg clips and 2 pistol clips.
Reinforcements have been set 450 Germans 350 Russians we will see how that goes. Time is 35 minutes.
Issues that may need to be changed:
This is a list of items that I feel may be a problem to the map and may need to be changed.
As always, feedback is appreciated please be constructive with your comments, otherwise you are just wasting your
- Time limit of the battle for beta1 it will be long not sure how the map will play out. 35 minutes.
- Classes and soldier load outs some are experimental and the quantities may not be rounded out enough.
- Russian trench defenses may not be adequate enough. (It is not intended for the Russians to hold the trench the
- entire game)
- Russians should not be able to escape the first Trench it was designed for them be kept inside of it.
- Escaping outside of the walls of the train depot should not be possible please report this abuse.
Mapping takes an investment of a lot of free time please be supportive of mappers who have given their time to bring
you more battlegrounds. Even if a map is crappy the next one they make may be a classic there is a lot of learning
and technique behind the scenes to building maps.
Link to see some screenshots:
LINK FOR DOWNLOAD: