Go Back   RGN - Reliable Global News > RGN North American News > Topics on The Hill

Topics on The Hill Discussions about everything and anything in D.C.

Tucker to WAPO Media Reporter: "I see you as a political hack"
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 AM
Site Owner - Administrator

RFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to beholdRFMariano is a splendid one to behold
Default Tucker to WAPO Media Reporter: "I see you as a political hack"

Tucker to Washington Post Media Reporter:
I See You As A Political Hack

Published February 15, 2017 FoxNews.com

Tucker Carlson confronted Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple over his coverage of his employer, asking "Why don't you cover your own paper's shortcomings?"

"In case after case," Carlson charged, "youíve failed to cover your own paper running fake or misleading things."

The "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host took issue with a December story in which the Post claimed that Russian hackers had infiltrated the U.S. power grid via a Vermont utility company. The paper later retracted that portion of the story.

"I wrote a very hard-hitting piece about that situation," said Wemple.

"You never bothered to talk to your own reporters, [who are] presumably in the same newsroom that youíre in," Carlson responded.

"Look, the story was very critical of the Washington Post and I would know," said Wemple, who went on to praise Post editor Martin Baron for "the freedom that I have" to criticize the paper.

"You didnít interview the reporters who wrote the story and then you end with this: 'The missteps mar an otherwise spectacular run for the Post,'" Carlson read from Wemple's piece. "Now, when you write something that brown-nosy, do you feel guilt?"

Carlson also questioned Wemple over the Post's practice of carrying so-called "native advertisements" paid for by the Russian and Chinese government, among others.

"Well, thatís a good question," Wemple admitted. "I think Iíve got a lot to write about."

Later in the interview, Carlson accused Wemple of "single-mindedly [pursuing] your political agenda."

"I see you as a political hack acting out his political beliefs on paper with the cover of media criticism," Carlson said, "and everyone who reads you knows that.

"Look, the point is, you have the freedom and I think thatís great," Carlson said to conclude the interview. "You should just use it to do something useful like reporting on Russian propaganda in your own paper."

SOURCE

Regards,