PDA

View Full Version : vote limiter

Marc.
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I made up a crude vote limter for ww2x, you can set the time where players are allowed to vote and the time when not.

so for example if you set the vote time to 120 and the vote disable time to 240

players will be able to request and cast a vote for 2 minutes...after that its disabled again for 4 minutes...after the 4 minutes expire they will be able to vote again for 2 minutes ...and soforth.

also includes a delay you can set before the votelimiter starts, this will prevent the first player that connects from switching maps before others arive

you can NOT switch on or of induvidual parts of the ingame votingsystem....stupid cod2 code.
unless you hardcoded something like the kick menu prohibetr (in the addons zip) you will enable/disable all the vote options.

interested?

RaDioAcTivE
03-13-2007, 10:35 PM
It looks interesting but for us at least we don't allow voting of any kind. When the server's full of public players it tends to lead to people bitching and moaning at everyone to vote their way. Certaintly adding the time limit feature would cut down on that to some degree though.

I could see using it in our private clan only servers but not for the publics.

"only because you asked!!!" :p

richman
03-14-2007, 12:09 PM
We use the clan voting system as our limiter.

superman
03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Yah, clan limiter is probably a better approach richman,
although, I would like to see in the future a way where only
certain clan members that you choose from your own clan can
use the voting system (Such as kick, change maps, change gametypes, etc.)

This will at least allow only a select few clan members in your clan the ability to run a ingame vote.

It could be programmed with the clan ranks or at least if members are entered into the:

"Rank system - Preset ranks for individual players" section.

and if they are allowed to vote per player on the preset rank list.

For example:

set ex_psr_name_0 "[CLANTAG]PLAYERNAME"
set ex_psr_rank_0 "12"
set ex_psr_vote_0 "1" //(0=Off/Default; 1=On)

This would probably make more sense to do it this way and more effective for clans that only want their higherups or certain specific players in their clan to use the voting system.

This could also be a deal breaker for many clans out there.

Although, I'm just the shadow over here in this corner. Don't mind me. LOL.

I would like to one day see the security.cfg script working, I don't think it's working yet as far as I know. That could help too. But, for now adding psr vote abilities would make up for it.

RaDioAcTivE
03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
"I would like to see in the future a way where only
certain clan members that you choose from your own clan can
use the voting system (Such as kick, change maps, change gametypes, etc.)"

Rcon?

That's how we handle what you describe. Not perfect but it works.