PDA

View Full Version : sd gametype

richman
03-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I am having problem running sd gametype.

I get waiting for server to load.... and that is it.

I replaced sd with tdm in the rotation and let the map load in which the error was occuring.

Voted sd and crash. Nothing in logs.

I'll keep trying this and I had not seen anything in this forum section.

Marc.
03-11-2007, 07:27 AM
please , can you give me any more specifics?

linux or win version?
weapons settings? (as you know these have @#%$ sd in the past)

or better yet zip up your cfg files (without passwords) and send them to me?

Because....i have tested sd right away after your posted a couple of times..and i had no problems whatsoever....not with loading sd from server startup, not by rotation and not by voting.

RaDioAcTivE
03-11-2007, 08:35 AM
I wonder if this is the same thing that we had with our DOM server. It would just lock up at the initialization stage with the 1.6 version.

Marc.
03-11-2007, 09:07 AM
find that very strange as ALL gametypes load up just fine overhere, switching to another works fine as well either by rotation or voting..no problems and or crashes.

i could understand if this happened when the rotation was inside drm..but it isnt....except for the gt settings itself (duration, rounds, etc)...and seeing that it does not affect every gametype for you guys....thats not the reason either (those gt settings)

richman
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I use a windows server running
1.3 cod2
fs_game folder for mod
running a mix of custom and stock maps, with worm's work-around.

I am attaching the zip of my cfg files...excluding the iwd

Marc.
03-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I loaded up all of your configs and a fresh windows version of the mod.
By default your gametype was TDM, and that started up just fine
then i switched to SD...still no problems......then fired up the server with SD instead of tdm...no problems.....then i added 12 bots.....no problems

think i went through all possibilities of changing/voting/rotating to SD but everytime it all went just fine and was able to play.

Also from the log's you provided i didnt see any reason why it wouldnt load up SD or would crash from tdm to sd.

The only error reports in there were from the parachuting loopsound....which btw tells me you are using an older 1.6 version (that error is fixed in the current download)...doesnt have effect on the problems you have...but just a headsup

http://downloads.wildcardonline.nl/custom/1.jpg

http://downloads.wildcardonline.nl/custom/2.jpg

richman
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Well I guess I'll download the latest version and see what happens.

I did the same scenarios without bots.

thanks.

richman
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Well I just downloaded the latest copy of 1.6 and ran it.

It seems to be working now.

Beats me...:rolleyes:

richman
04-01-2007, 01:20 AM
well the sd problem is back with this ver 1.6

I know I should be using the latest version but I'm having lag issue with it...as reported.

I did have some errors in the console log this time, see attached.

unzip of course.

thanks