PDA

View Full Version : allowed to vote message (solved)

RaDioAcTivE
03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
For our v1.6 windows based servers it's telling everyone via the welcome string messages in the beginning when they first join that they're allowed to vote no matter what the settings are for voting.

REFERENCE VOTE_ALLOWED
LANG_ENGLISH "You are permitted to call a vote!"

We get this even though noone is allowes to vote. A very minor bug but since I'm bored I figured I'd point it out anyway. :confused:

Marc.
03-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I can not reproduce this

set ex_clanvoting "1"
set ex_clantag1 "[sometag]"

and i can only vote if i use the set clantag
Note that the tag HAS to be in FRONT of the nickname eg.: [sometag]Marc
Note that the clantag is case sensitive
color codes are allowed in the players tag and name ..dont set colorcodes in the cfg file

if you have set:

set scr_allow_vote "0"
set g_allowvote "0"
set g_oldvoting "0"

in your codserver.cfg...then it indeed will show the ..you allowed to vote message...thats not a bug....but as designed or at least not taken into consideration for the welcome messages.

since this can be indeed rather misleading.ill take a look to see if i can get rid of the message if those codserver.cfg settings are set to not allowed to vote

Marc.
03-10-2007, 10:39 PM
fixed :)

changes are in the _ex_messages.gsc

if you now set set g_allowvote "0" in the server.cfg then the message will be: NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE
Be aware tho that if you set the clanvoteing only to 1 it overrides the server setting..and clanmebers specified in the clansetup.cfg will be able to vote....just like it should ...but its just a headsup :)

RaDioAcTivE
03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey Marc...the lasted release fixed this issue. Thanks!!!