PDA

View Full Version : Problem Server crashed with 1.6 mod

superman
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Welp, I gotta say that this is the first time in a long time that I have been able to crash my server. LOL. I have been using the DRM version, which is rather cool, but I am getting errors all across the board.

Server: Windows
Version: 1.6 DRM Windows Single IWD
Random WMD

The errors are pretty bad, but maybe due to a specific map, I am looking into it... here is a few examples:

1)

WARNING: Non-localized Game Message string is not allowed to have letters in it. Must be changed over to a localized string: "[^1SUPER^7]^3CrAzY GuY"

As you can tell, it will error on every username in the game on the server and wont stop.

2)

******* script runtime error *******
cannot cast undefined to string: (file 'extreme/_ex_ranksystem.gsc', line 44)
self.statusicon = self thread get_Current_Rank();
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_ranksystem.gsc', line 52)
wait 1;

Repeats that message 1000 times throughout the logs before server crashes.

3)

cannot cast undefined to string: (file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 1315)
players[i] iprintln(text, playername);
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 1012)
thread printOnTeam(&"MP_YOUR_FLAG_WAS_RETURNED", self.team);
started from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 961)
self waittill("trigger", other);

This error repeats all the time, although I could probably just slash it out in the code?

4)

Now for the code that caused the server to crash, this is a big one!

count: 1, var usage: 1, endon usage: 0
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 689)
wait 1;
count: 2, var usage: 4, endon usage: 0
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 961)
self waittill("trigger", other);
count: 2, var usage: 4, endon usage: 4
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/ctf.gsc', line 1347)
wait level.respawndelay;
count: 1, var usage: 3, endon usage: 0
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_weapons.gsc', line 32)
wait 5;
ent type 'entity'... count: 227, var usage: 2272
ent type 'hudelem'... count: 137, var usage: 137
ent type 'pathnode'... count: 0, var usage: 0
ent type 'vehiclenode'... count: 0, var usage: 0

exceeded maximum number of script variables: (file 'extreme/_ex_main.gsc', line 279)
frags_check = self getammocount(self.pers["fragtype"]) + self getammocount(self.pers["enemy_fragtype"]);
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_main.gsc', line 276)
wait 0.05;

(see console for details)
exceeded maximum number of script variables
ERROR: script runtime error
(see console for details)
exceeded maximum number of script variables
----- Server Shutdown -----
Sending heartbeat to cod2master.activision.com
==== ShutdownGame ====

The Code actually goes on for about 20 pages with counts and exceeding maximum number of script variables, I was only able to post a few, but
these errors are causing the server to crash horribly. Not sure why. Never seen this before.

I will have to revert back down to 1.5 for now, until 1.6 is a little more stable.

Hope you guys figure out the bugs soon.

[SUPER]SUPERMAN - <SUCN>[SUPER]
www.superucn.com

Marc.
03-02-2007, 08:09 PM
The first one is not a bug.its how cod2 handles localized strings with names in them....thats exactly like in 1.5 and older.
The reason you get more of them now is because as of 1.5 more messages were being made able to show up (above compas)

the others i have to try to reproduce..altho it seems ctf specific...

btw...when did you downloaded the 1.6 version (uploaded yesterday a fresh one with better drm handling (thanks to Ned.)...and some knife and rotation isue fixes.

and ...by any chance running the server in developer mode?

superman
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
no to developer mode, i will double check and make sure that I have the latest drm, but I am pretty positive as I have just updated last night.

But, I'll take a look to be on the safe side.

The funny thing is that I am running two servers with 1.6 DRM and
my 1rst server crashed 3 hours into its restart but my 2nd server has been going all night.

:confused:

superman
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh Crap.

:frown:

Welp, I double checked the files and my DRM is 022807. Not sure why it didnt update to the 030107. ugh.

Well anyhoo, I went through most of the files and ran compare checks.

Not sure if this is what is causing many of the errors.

I also noticed that I still had 3 of the remaining head icons that I customized for my server. Seems the code doesnt like having the 3 more head icons, since 1.6 will only allow 5?

That could of caused the status icon errors and could have crashed the server.

Although I will say that with 1.6 DRM if you use all the 8 head icons, even though you only coded in 5, it actually shows with all 8 head icons and works quite well, even with the extra head icons. However, with the game limitations, sadly I have to remove 3 extra rank head icons. Grrrr. Worked great, just crashes the server.

Thanks marc, I will update the DRM, and let you know if I run into more or the same errors.

[SUPER]SUPERMAN - <SUCN>[SUPER]
www.superucn.com

superman
03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
hmmm, all 8 head icons are showing ingame, along
with flag icons etc.

Is it suppose to do that?

It shows General Rank head icon, but
i thought not all rank head icons would show if
you used the flag head icons, etc?

Wonder if this is what is crashing the server.

Marc.
03-03-2007, 07:29 AM
there can be only 8 statusicons precashed in the game.....which there currently are

5 rankicons
allied flag icon
axis flag icon
deathicon
status connecting icon <--------depending if the gametype uses flagicons, if so..no connecting icon

when we first tried out the rankicon code (extreme 1.4.9d) we played around with more then 8.....without actually precashing it which resulted in tons of messages in consolelog ....ststusicon hudflag allies not precached and similar ones.....

they did not always crash the server..but spitted out tons of error messages evrytime...which ofcourse we didnt like
When you DO precashe more then 8 icons..the server would crash at startup with the message no more then 8 allowed.

so yes...if you having 3 extra icons...that could be your problem.

its the STATUS icon limit that crashes it........however ingame HEADICONS is delth with otherwise....but since they are called upon (get current rank creates statusicon etc) those extra 3 are prolly the reason

damnit.....leave it to me to make it even extra unclear..lol....(perfect example here for me trying to explain something difficult in a foreign language)

I cant like on the other forum take into account that you moddified the mod....i dont know what changes you made...and how it affects other code

i can only handle bugreports with unmoddified mods

That being said....im not planning to be a big pain in da ass about this..and will try to support you guys also if you have moddiefied the ww2x mod (to some extend)

superman
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM
i understand completely.

However, I only modified the image iwi icons to roman numeral images instead of actual ranking.

Originally I removed the extra 3 customized iwi head icons but found when you entered the game that those extra 3 head rank icons then showed up with the original COD2 head ranking icons. Which totally defeated the purpose of removing the 3 customized head rank icons.

Not sure if that is a bug, or you intentionally wanted all 8 head image rank icons to show up. As, my server will allow to show all the way up to GENERAL RANK head rank icon. Yep, and it works. But it produces the error:

cannot cast undefined to string: (file 'extreme/_ex_ranksystem.gsc', line 44)
self.statusicon = self thread get_Current_Rank();
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_ranksystem.gsc', line 52)
wait 1;

Not entirely sure what to do here, as other servers might be experiencing this issue with the 1.6 recent mod version.

My server is holding steady and working quite well and quite fast. I do believe 1.6 is actually faster in some ways. Not sure why. I believe my server crashed before, because it didn't have updated the DRM File in my server.

I have recently fixed that.

Is anyone seeing all 8 head rank icons that go up to general status? As this is causing major config errors and I would like to find a way to remove the extra 3 head rank icons. Although I have customized my iwi image head rank icons for all 3 of them. If I try and remove those extra 3 head rank image icons from the mod, it will still show the general's final head image rank icon.

It is interesting to see all 8 image head rank icons including the extra icons working with this too (as it works nicely.):

[Although I know that COD2 is limited to just 8 head rank image icons, I feel that there is a way to get around this in the near future without producing alot of errors. "WE are only limited to our own minds imaginations."]

allied flag icon
axis flag icon
deathicon
status connecting icon

seems to work with the extra 8 head rank icons, but will produce excessive errors.

Marc, please inform me how to get rid of the extra 3 head rank icons, I tried removing the extra 3 from the mod and it still showed up in the game with your original head rank image icons. Go figure.

[SUPER]SUPERMAN - CinC
www.superucn.com

Marc.
03-03-2007, 11:41 AM
i really cant say where to begin, but im sure its all in the ex_ranksystem.gsc and the _rank_precache.gsc

i would need to take a look into your mod to say for sure...and/or fix it