PDA

View Full Version : Knife Bug (solved)

SixGunJustice
03-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Not sure if thsi is a bug or by design, but I have noticed that the when I use the pistol setting below:

// 0 = disabled
// 1 = enabled (cannot be exchanged for another weapon during play)
// 2 = enabled (can be exchanged for another weapon during play)
set ex_wepo_sidearm "2"

together with:

// when set to 1 (default) the pistols are replaced by knives
set scr_allow_knife "1"

I get NO knife or pistol. The only way I can get the knife to work is to have the pistol setting at "1".

Using XP Pro SP2, WW2X 1.6 for windows, separate Client and server IWD's.

6gun

Marc.
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
also fixed....altho also (like the maprotation fix) not uploaded yet..im trying to find a way to pick up the knife from the ground....as it is now you cant pick it up coz it has no ammo...just like it is with normal weapons.

EDIT: updated downloads (still no knife pickup tho)
no cfg changes

be aware tho ...there are no extra knife settings like...knife only, or knife limit and all that ( werent before either)....those will come if i get the knife throwing to work)

Marc.
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
yes it sure is possible....but im not intending to make that at this point in time...it WILL be implemented as soon they can be thrown and picked up.

Marc.
03-02-2007, 05:31 PM
to be honest...never saw the knife in action with the admiral mod...so i dont know how it handles it.

if i make it a weapon menu choise i would think the amount of knives that one spawns with can be set by dvar....just like the ammo loadout for the normal weapons...and thus also can be picked up from the ground if you find one

all of this is for the future..lol....first i have to make them throwable (working 100%) .....after that....the adding to the menu's and all extra's will follow.

WIZZ...yo man ...if ya got spare time..give it a go at the knives..its driving me crazy (even when you said you wouldnt code for cod2..lol...common man...yer a code addict)

superman
03-03-2007, 12:56 AM
marc with the knives are you planning on the knives spinning or rotating as their being thrown at the enemy or are you planning on having the knife throw
from a straight angle at an enemy player?

Marc.
03-03-2007, 06:16 AM
stright angle to begin with..