PDA

View Full Version : Rotation problem (solved)

richman
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
this is the rotation I have

set sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_burgundy gametype tdm map mp_brecourt gametype tdm map mp_dawnville gametype tdm map mp_decoy gametype tdm map mp_downtown gametype tdm map mp_farmhouse gametype tdm map mp_harbor gametype tdm map mp_leningrad gametype tdm map mp_matmata gametype tdm map mp_railyard gametype tdm map mp_rhine gametype tdm map mp_toujane"

problem:
it is not playing the 3rd map in rotation and keeps repeating the 2nd.

I tried the first three map this way:
gametype tdm map mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_burgundy gametype tdm map mp_brecourt

then I switched the 2nd and 3rd
gametype tdm map mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_brecourt gametype tdm map mp_burgundy

In each case the second map kept replaying.

This eror didn't exist intial release of 1.6

thanks

edit: single iwd, windows, fs_game folder, soundalias work-around.

wolfie
02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
im getting the same error too. if u set this to 0:

// automaticly try to fix errors in maprotation, after this has been done the cvar will be set
// to "0" so that it will only run when you start the server or reload your configs.
// 0 = disabled, 1 = enable (once), default = 0
set ex_fix_maprotation "0"

i t will rotate the maps but it will play the 1st map in rotation twice then go on to next map.

running windows server

wolfie

richman
03-01-2007, 08:46 AM
im getting the same error too. if u set this to 0:

// automaticly try to fix errors in maprotation, after this has been done the cvar will be set
// to "0" so that it will only run when you start the server or reload your configs.
// 0 = disabled, 1 = enable (once), default = 0
set ex_fix_maprotation "0"

i t will rotate the maps but it will play the 1st map in rotation twice then go on to next map.

running windows server

wolfie

does the whole rotation work... e.g. every maps plays and then the rotation restarts like its suppose to?

Marc.
03-01-2007, 02:45 PM
problem found and isolated (not yet in the downloads tho)

wolfie
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
cool:bravo: good work marc:wink1:

and richman yes it does rotate.

Marc.
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
updated the downloads

cfg changes: the fix_maprotation setting has been taken out of the mapcontrol.cfg and placed into the maprotation.cfg (taken it out of drm)

i also think the playerbased rotations needs to be looked into...will have to test that tomorrow