PDA

View Full Version : Console_mp.log file growth (solved)

richman
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Don't know if this is what you'd call a bug.

My log file is going crazy. It is filled with a ton of the below enties. Over night the log file grew to 18 meg.

dvar set drm_temp 1
dvar set drm_temp 1
dvar set drm_temp 1
dvar set drm_temp 1
dvar set drm_temp 1
dvar set drm_temp 1

Thanks.

Marc.
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
quick question.....do you have the rotating MOTD turned on?.....coz i think thats the badboy doing this.

ill test it tho....and if so....i perhaps need to take it out of the DRM

edit: dont think thats the reason afterall.......have to look into this more thoroughly

richman
02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
No Marc I discovered the motd thing a while back and turned it off.

thanks.

Marc.
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
well its not a bug but i would call it a nasty side effect....and I HATE those kind of side effects that make console logs grow.....so a solution is definitely needed

sure .turning of the console log is one solution....NOT!!!

nedgerblansky
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
1st possible solution : find out what setting is causing it to grow the most and un-DRM it = restore it as a true dvar.

2nd possible solution : find a smarter way to make str-to-int and str-to-float conversions, because for now it's done through a temp dvar.

richman
02-26-2007, 07:57 PM
ok, well I'm keeping an eye on it.

btw:
obviously ww2x1.6
windows server
1.3 patched
fs_game folder
pb is on
stock rotation and maps only tdm is active.
no custom maps on server.
not using bullet-worm's soundalias work-around, no custom maps (yet).

Marc.
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
1st possible solution : find out what setting is causing it to grow the most and un-DRM it = restore it as a true dvar.

2nd possible solution : find a smarter way to make str-to-int and str-to-float conversions, because for now it's done through a temp dvar.

the first one is what i was talking about when i said taking it out of drm (MOTD)
the second one...not possible coz you developed it....yer to smart for me (warning...im catching up tho ;) )

its obvious that due to the crippled POS that cod2 is (yes , i do think that) and the workarounds provided by the smart ppl like Ned and bulletworm to atleast try to make it enjoyable some sacrifices have to be made...if its a nar console log issue...so be it...it can be turned off ...altho like i said before...dont like that option too.

at least with ned's drm ..mods can handle more features, and worms iwd limit workaround we can host several custom maps...IW should learn from peeps like them.
Anyways.....what causes it to grow......different serversettings all over the world.....this will take time to pinpoint the exact issue

nedgerblansky
02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
the second one...not possible coz you developed it....yer to smart for me (warning...im catching up tho ;) )

You're too modest... :p

Anyway, you have a PM with this 2nd solution implemented.
Hope it will work well with the mod.

Marc.
02-27-2007, 06:46 PM
and a pm back at ya...lol

Marc.
02-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Pls redownload the mod, console log issues should be resolved now ...thanks to nedgerblansky :) :bravo:

richman
02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you for your diligence guys.

:wink1:

richman
02-28-2007, 04:24 PM
sorry forgot to ask...

Were there any changes to the cfg files?

Marc.
02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
only a small one in the miscfeatures.cfg concerning server messages....but that didnt have any effect on the console log....but it was a small oversight.

changed:

set ex_svrmsg_delay_main

to

set ex_server_msg_delay_main

was easyer and faster to fix in the cfg file then in the mod itself :)

richman
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
so far so good. thx