PDA

View Full Version : 2 bugs (solved)

wolfie
02-24-2007, 01:44 PM
when you have camping on it doesnt show your name at first it shows &&1 but when camping kicks in it shows your name.

also force respawn doesnt work. i have it set at 0 in the music part and have put the line in for forcerespawn but dont work.

wolfie

wolfie
02-24-2007, 02:05 PM
ok got forcerespawn to work, seen its hideing in player control.:o

also i cant get the welcome messages to work, have them in the custom string and set right in miscfeatures but dont come up, the clan ones work.

wolfie

Marc.
02-24-2007, 03:50 PM
weird, they show up just fine on my server....linux or windows version?

//************************************************** *************************************************
// Welcome messages
//************************************************** *************************************************
// the mod will automatically add, Welcome PLAYERSNAME to the YOURSERVERNAME server
// as the first line displayed and then the second line will inform the player of their voting status
// after then you have 3 lines you can customise, these are in the custom.str file.
//
// welcome player
// 0 = disable, 1 = enable, default = 0
set ex_pwelcome "1"

// Set the number of messages to display
// 0 = disable, max = 3, default = 0
set ex_pwelcome_msg "3"

// delay between welcome messages in seconds
// 0 = disable, max = 10, default = 0
set ex_pwelcome_delay "1"

if you have the windows version running on a linux server..then the messages could get messed up...

i made no changes to the message system ..they are the same as in 1.5 the only change is that its now ...like all other features uses DRM dvar handling.

wolfie
02-24-2007, 03:57 PM
dont know what i did but welcome messages work now:o thanks for reply

wolfie

Marc.
02-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats great, :)

i had already begun checking out all versions lol

jc64il
03-10-2007, 02:36 PM
when you have camping on it doesnt show your name at first it shows &&1 but when camping kicks in it shows your name.

also force respawn doesnt work. i have it set at 0 in the music part and have put the line in for forcerespawn but dont work.

wolfie

I am having the same issue with the &&1 showing up.

It says something like "move along now &&1 No camping here!"

Running windows server, with the stock, single iwd.

RaDioAcTivE
03-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Just to help out here are you aware of this setting and how it affects the forced respawn?

// Music Controls
// spectator music
set ex_specmusic "1"

// death music, when player is killed...this disables forced respawn!
set ex_deathmusic "1"

Marc.
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
&&1 blah
yeah, sorry guys totally overlooked that one....its fixed now tho

downloads updated
also if its easyer for you..just simply replace the _ex_camper.gcs with the one from the updated mod...that all thats needed

Marc.
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Just to help out here are you aware of this setting and how it affects the forced respawn?

// Music Controls
// spectator music
set ex_specmusic "1"

// death music, when player is killed...this disables forced respawn!
set ex_deathmusic "1"

it no longer disables forced respawn :) ...that titbit of text is redundant

jc64il
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
&&1 blah

downloads updated
also if its easyer for you..just simply replace the _ex_camper.gcs with the one from the updated mod...that all thats needed

Thank you, and thanks for a great mod! We need people like you to breathe life into our games.

I uploaded the mod to a gsc rented box. 8.9.37.173:28960

Now just need peeps to find it. I'll let ya know if I find anything else.

Btw, you guys should start a Who's running the ww2X mod thread.

Peaaaaaaace

JC

wolfie
03-10-2007, 10:06 PM
&&1 blah

downloads updated

thanks marc:wink1: :bravo:

wolfie