PDA

View Full Version : WW2X v1.6 RELEASED for TESTING

Marc.
02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Last update:
fixed a votemenu limiter/delay bug that messed up ALL the voting

Updates to 1.6.0:
New artillery strike handling and sounds (does not give artilery if you or several teammates are to close to the target)
New unknown soldier handling
Fixed scratch sound bug
Fixed parachute soundloop console log bug
Fixed maprotation bug (not the messages..YET)
Fixed allow sidearm with knive bug
Fixed localized string issue in windows version
Fixed allowed to vote message while voting was disabled
Added a vote-menu limiter/delay

1.6.0:
Changed from default dvar handling to DRM dvar handling method
Changed ranksystem, now 13 ranks again but combined with 5 rankicons
Added knives that can replace the pistols (not throwable yet)
Fixed IHTF spectating when dead bug
Brought back the possibility to use healthbar with healthregen (3 options)

Biggest and most important new feature is the DRM dvar handling.
What does that mean?....more features can be added to the mod ..not bothered by hitting the dvar limit cod2 has.

With my test settings it saved over 410 dvars...its very configuration sensitive..meaning...if you had a lot of map specific or gametype specific or a combo of both it can be even more then 410 on dvars that you save..all depending on the features you set on or off.

For server admins its not a big change...all settings can still be set normal..only now the cfg files reside in its own scriptdata folder (xcept the codserver.cfg and maprotation.cfg).
Also the command/startupline to start your server stays the same.

I also have been working on the knives being throwable....but i couldnt get it to work 100%....so i had to toss it away.
Dont worry tho...ill start from scratch again...another approach...i will get that to work.

PLEASE test the hell out of it....since that DRM dvar handling is new..it could have issues..altho i dont think there are many.

Enjoy it :)

Mike Nomad
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
And the support and upgrade drums beat on to keep the march going forward!

D/L Link??

:bravo:

nedgerblansky
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
WOW.
Great to see you achieved the integration of DRM.
From simply an idea then a prototype, it became reality.
:wink1:

By the way, don't you like the name, "DRM" ?
Now we also have DRM in COD2 :d

Marc.
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
DRM is just fine by me...lol....you could have named it nedgerblanskyLaTruffedvarhandlingscripts....that would have been fine by me as well.....it works ...thats all what matters.....a great addition you made for the cod community....well for those big mods out there anyways. :bravo:

im sure there are some things i overlooked or could be improved...hey its the firrst time i used it...nevertheless it saves already a big heap of dvars....with as far as i know...all features working.

But thats for the server admins to test out and report

richman
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Excellent new guys.

Big thanks to Marc!
Big thanks to Neg!

I'll be getting us on line with this asap.

richman
02-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Changed rank system, now 13 ranks again but combined with 5 rank icons

I am a bit confused here. Can you please elborate on this?

Are you saying certain ranks get the same icon (insignia)?

Marc.
02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
indeed, the first 2 ranks you get the according rank insignia, then the middle rank gets an insignia....and the top 2 ranks get the according insignia.
the ranks inbetween holds the insignia that was previously given

i know its a bit confusing at first ...but since there is a 8 status icon limit in cod2 and we wanted to give the deathicon, flagicons back in the statuswindow..i had to resort to this way

there are options for future releases:

keep it as its now
no inbetween rank insignia
revert back to 5 ranks so all ranks and normal statusicons will show
revert back to 8 but then no death and flag icons in the status window
revert back to 13 ranks...but no rank insignia at all (i dont prefer this one tho...i like the insignia)

richman
02-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I forgot to add a big thanks for going through the string files and making sure the main body of text's color is white when player names are displayed in a text message.

A very tedious process.

:bravo:

RaDioAcTivE
02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Great on adding the deathicon back to the status window. That one thing will make me dl the latest version since we use it for the lts gametype to see who to heckle at the end of the round.

Marc.
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
OMFG!!!

When i went trough the gametypes (for a crash issue (other topic))..i realised that those still were the "beta""drm-gametypes i edited to work with the drm

Altho it works just fine ,those have a lot of unnecessary edited or added code
(coz it was my first tryout with drm i played around a bit with dvarsettings..lol)

Ill upload the mod again witht he final scripts ASAP ...just coz i dont like messy or unnecessary code

Again, not a big deal...old 1.6 works like it should but this one is cleaner :)

EDIT:

re-uploaded

RaDioAcTivE
03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I sent Marc a pm as well as posting this message but it appears that the download links are dead.

edited-- (working now!)

Marc.
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
work ok for me.at least at this point in time....
perhaps there was a dns hickup