PDA

View Full Version : About Signature Pics

Mike Nomad
09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
The size and quantity of signature pics is becoming a bit much. Today, I watched the system spend what I consider to be too much time loading signature pics rather than rendering the text in posts.The pics from game monitor sites are also taking longer and longer to load and display as more and more users become involved. Please use the smaller versions.
Soon, the site will be struggling to load the huge sig pics, game monitor pics and will burden the system to a point where we'll need to forget about reading useful information in the posts.

I fear I may have to go back to first requesting then enforcing the original signature pic size of 450x150 if the unusually LARGE and multiple sig pics don't disappear.

Its becoming rather annoying.

From our RGN rules:

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you are however, permitted both text and images;

For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are frowned upon. (Blank lines count as lines.)
For a signature image: images up to (1) 560 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall - (2) A Signature Bar (400x25 or smaller) , plus 4 lines normal size text and up to 100 characters per line.

We respectfully ask that you abide by these rules & guidelines. If a problem should arise, you will be notified via a PM to make the necessary corrections. Corrections will be made for you if after a reasonable time they are not done by you._________________

We fully expect everyone's help and cooperation. :wink2:

GrymmWolf
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
450x150 is plenty for anyone really. I know our sigs are an expression but it does seem that the sigs are getting "busier".... I'm just glad there's not a plethora of flash sigs with bad music now those are horrible.

OneShot
09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm just glad there's not a plethora of flash sigs with bad music now those are horrible.

Agreed!!!!

Mike Nomad
09-20-2008, 09:23 AM
To all:

Be advised, there's an issue with Gametracker Sig pics. To avoid headaches, please use the Gametracker bar instead of the full sized sig pic.