PDA

View Full Version : Update the Forum Skin?

Dan2k3k4
07-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Now, I'm just suggesting this... but it seems like this forum skin has been around for a good 3 years, I'm sure I remember it being the same skin back in CoD1/CoD2 days...

Is there any other skins available?

It just seems this forum skin is designed for a WW2 theme, but it seems to lack something, if you take a look at some of the latest websites, some of them seem to adopt the 'centered view' where the width of the forum is about 800px big or something, it looks good but I can understand that those who run large resolutions wouldn't want to keep looking at the center of there huge monitor... however this forum seems really wide... and I'm not too keen on the main forum page which displays all the forums. It seems like I have to scroll for awhilst before I get to the forums I want to check for new posts etc.

There are several vB plugins/hacks/mods that will change the look of the forum homepage, though you'd all have to agree with what to use.

Now I don't use this site as much as others, and I don't run it either, so if the majority of the other players who use this site more then me want to keep the site as it is then thats fine with me, or if the admins don't want to change it, then that's fine too.

If you were wanting some sort of change, I could help, though I don't know how much time I'd be able to offer, I'd probably only have time to search around the vBorg site for different templates/skins and different hacks/mods that could improve this site.

Mike Nomad
07-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Now, I'm just suggesting this... but it seems like this forum skin has been around for a good 3 years, I'm sure I remember it being the same skin back in CoD1/CoD2 days...

Is there any other skins available?

It just seems this forum skin is designed for a WW2 theme, but it seems to lack something, if you take a look at some of the latest websites, some of them seem to adopt the 'centered view' where the width of the forum is about 800px big or something, it looks good but I can understand that those who run large resolutions wouldn't want to keep looking at the center of there huge monitor... however this forum seems really wide... and I'm not too keen on the main forum page which displays all the forums. It seems like I have to scroll for awhilst before I get to the forums I want to check for new posts etc.

There are several vB plugins/hacks/mods that will change the look of the forum homepage, though you'd all have to agree with what to use.

Now I don't use this site as much as others, and I don't run it either, so if the majority of the other players who use this site more then me want to keep the site as it is then thats fine with me, or if the admins don't want to change it, then that's fine too.

If you were wanting some sort of change, I could help, though I don't know how much time I'd be able to offer, I'd probably only have time to search around the vBorg site for different templates/skins and different hacks/mods that could improve this site.

This skin is $$ BOUGHT and PAID $$ for - and recently updated to accommodate vBulletin 3.7.2.

Thanks for your observations and suggestions.