PDA

View Full Version : Shout Box

sprinter
04-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi, Just wondering if you have ever thought about having a Big shout box page on the site, where we can ask small things or have a chat on the spear of the moment kinda thing.

Be good for general chit chat and stuff. TBH though i'm looking for other ways to help time go by when nothings going wrong at work lol :wink2:

Just a tiny idea, no need to be taken anywhere or seriously for that matter, unless you like the idea too :)

Mike Nomad
04-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi, Just wondering if you have ever thought about having a Big shout box page on the site, where we can ask small things or have a chat on the spear of the moment kinda thing.

Be good for general chit chat and stuff. TBH though i'm looking for other ways to help time go by when nothings going wrong at work lol :wink2:

Just a tiny idea, no need to be taken anywhere or seriously for that matter, unless you like the idea too :)

Actually, we use MSN/Live Messenger.... versatile and more secure.

10-78 Busterking
04-12-2008, 03:02 PM
We have a nice shout box on our site which uses vBulletin version 3.6.7

The problem with installing hacks for the forums is that they may not work with future releases so if you like to keep your forums always updated with the latest version then you have to check if your forum's mods/hacks are still working.

I wait and make sure before I update ours since I use a few mods.

But the shout box is a very nice feature and used by many.

richman
04-12-2008, 08:45 PM
shouts can be cool but you always seems to get those idiots who spoil it for everyone else.

10-78 Busterking
04-13-2008, 07:29 AM
shouts can be cool but you always seems to get those idiots who spoil it for everyone else.

They can be easily banned from using it.

The best way is to set up a usergroup that requires so many forum posts to be part of then only give that usergroup access to write in the shout box. Works fine for me.

Harvey
04-13-2008, 12:06 PM
A shoutbox is a nice idea. I'm just wondering how it could be accomidated into the site. At the moment the first port of arrival are the forums. I guess a homepage or something would have to be added with the shoutbox located there.

Otherwise i can't really see a shoutbox fitting into the current layout.

10-78 Busterking
04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Check mine out, part of the forums:

http://www.10-78.com/forums/index.php

zeroy
04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Check mine out, part of the forums:

http://www.10-78.com/forums/index.php

The IW epidemic?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.10-78.com Port 80

:p