PDA

View Full Version : Info Newegg special

[3rdArmy]CW-4
02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Here's one for a good laugh. Newegg is selling XP Pro for $140... Vista Home Premium for $99... Since MS wants to get rid of XP they are undercutting it with a cheep Vista. Remember when Home Premium was almost $200?

TruSlaughter
02-27-2008, 07:32 AM
i was thinking of upgrading to xp pro from xp home so i can take advantage of the 64 bit and the 4 gig memory i have.2 questions 1: will my games run on xp pro? 2: do you think it's worth upgrading from xp home 32 bit to xp pro 64 bit? i'm staying away from vista my son has it on his laptop and it's a PIA

MeatCircus
02-27-2008, 08:38 AM
64 bit XP Pro is worthless in my opinion. I tried it once for a little bit. There's hardly any driver support for it, especially now that Vista is out, and some games don't work too well with it.

I've actually been using Vista Ultimate for a couple months. I've seen a lot of people say they don't like Vista but I haven't had any problems with it. Only complaint I have is that I'd like to play with the COD4 mod tools and I guess they don't work too well with Vista.

Nick_Schiessen
02-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I have had absolutely no problems gaming with Windows XP Pro on my machine, ever. I too decided not to install the 64-bit version.