PDA

View Full Version : Theme Changer

bullet-worm
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
During the Holidays at some point my forum theme somehow reverted back from the nice bright default theme to the really dark one (I guess the 'normal' one for most people).

I can't seem to find the place where I changed the theme for me anymore. Can someone tell me where the theme-change option is on this board?

Thanks!

worm

10-78 Busterking
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Can't find it either.

Seems like they have disabled that function on this board.

On my vBulletin forums the option is on the bottom left of every forum page. Don't see it here.

Mike Nomad
01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Can't find it either.

Seems like they have disabled that function on this board.

On my vBulletin forums the option is on the bottom left of every forum page. Don't see it here.

I have done so. For a few reasons I feel justify the reversion back to our chosen theme only.

First, We are expecting major changes to vBulletin.
Second I'd probably not mind the hassle of keeping the stock theme or purchase a light colored theme if those so desiring it would concentrate a tad more activity here supporting members.Everytime a new version comes out....:rolleyes: the amount of WORK getting all our custom scripts and grafx in place is a royal PIA. Granted, its a labor of love but cripes, having to do it twice is a time consuming task.

Besides, the stock default theme is so plain Jane and boring - its just not us.

We bought and paid for this theme for two reasons;

To set us apart from "all the rest".
To allow us the "look and feel" for RGN we desired.Thanks for understanding. :)

10-78 Busterking
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree with you 100% Mike.

There's a lot of work that goes into a theme.

We also have ours locked to the two that we paid someone to make for us.

:wink1:

bullet-worm
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Second I'd probably not mind the hassle of keeping the stock theme or purchase a light colored theme if those so desiring it would concentrate a tad more activity here supporting members.

Are you implying that I do not help the community here? I wouldn't want to misunderstand you.

I understand you wanting to use what you pay for, it just physically hurts my eyes to look at it (else I wouldn't even ask). And as such it actually does effect how often or how long I look at it.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone spending any money though. That is just silly. I think it was the stock VBulletin theme that was up before and worked well for my eyes.

I don't know about others, but I don't come here to see colors. I come here for the content. I guess that is just the utilitarian in me coming out. But what do I know, I'm just another fool user.

worm

Mike Nomad
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Are you implying that I do not help the community here? I wouldn't want to misunderstand you. I hope you are not misunderstanding me? Why even ASK such a question? Of course you help the community here.

I understand you wanting to use what you pay for, it just physically hurts my eyes to look at it (else I wouldn't even ask). And as such it actually does effect how often or how long I look at it.

I'm sorry that is occurring. I had no knowledge of your affliction when I purchased, installed and heavily modified the code and grafx.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone spending any money though. That is just silly. I think it was the stock VBulletin theme that was up before and worked well for my eyes.

If I could register the default theme just for your use, I would in a heartbeat.

I don't know about others, but I don't come here to see colors. I come here for the content. I guess that is just the utilitarian in me coming out. But what do I know, I'm just another fool user.

Come on Worm, "just another fool user"?? Am I now misunderstanding your intent is saying something like that?

I bend over backward to accommodate.. Why everything I do must become a major event for debate is beyond me. The theme was purchased a long time ago when the Site was inaugurated after our three year old Nuke system was hacked. Must I now change everything or double the amount of work I must do?

I'm expecting major vBulletin changes shortly and am preparing for those changes. :)