PDA

View Full Version : Site Changes

Wizz
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Ok all

There will be more site changes and construction going on. We are adding a RGN Developer group and associated forums.

So as they say

Underconstruction ........

bullet-worm
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I know this is kind of a massive request but as I learned as a child, "The answer is always no if you don't ask!" ;)

Is it possible to have a light "theme" to use on these forums? Dark themes honestly make me feel like... blah. :o

worm

Mike Nomad
10-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I know this is kind of a massive request but as I learned as a child, "The answer is always no if you don't ask!" ;)

Is it possible to have a light "theme" to use on these forums? Dark themes honestly make me feel like... blah. :o

worm

This theme is bought and paid for:wink2:

Wizz
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Ok BW try your skin now. Mike has forced the default gray one on you. Let us know which one you want.

bullet-worm
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Haha, I understand!

It is a case of Beauty and the Beholder, because I wouldn't accept a dark theme like this even if it were free and the ONLY one available... :no way:

Don't get me wrong, I am sure LOTS of people like it, I just don't happen to be one of them.

worm

bullet-worm
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok BW try your skin now. Mike has forced the default gray one on you. Let us know which one you want.
Wizz, I still see the same dark grey and orange. I see no place in the user control panel to select a theme either.

I tried logging out and back in as well.

worm

Mike Nomad
10-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Wizz, I still see the same dark grey and orange. I see no place in the user control panel to select a theme either.

I tried logging out and back in as well.

worm

I tried a set/reset for you but I had set the current style as the default last year.... and deleted the other (Nual). Since this style is set to default.. Its what you'll get. I tried..... sorry. :whaa1:

Mike Nomad
10-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Try now............

OneShot
10-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm getting both, but also prefer the "stock" (green) background if possible?

Mike Nomad
10-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm getting both, but also prefer the "stock" (green) background if possible?

That's the "disturbed" theme that you like.... you can go back and forth there is a selection box in the bottom left corner.

Wizz
10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
OK status:

Created the P.A.M. forums
Re-organized the forums a bit. Its in a more orderly order, lol.

Created a RGN Developer Group, See "Forum Leaders" at bottom of page to see the members.

Bullet-Worm is now a member of the group as well the other RGN staff who are a mod developer.

The RGN Developer Group does in fact have moderator powers so don't piss them off. Heheheheheheheheheh lol lol

This group also is considered RGN Staff. If a RGN staff members was a moderator then they were added to a secondary roll as RGN Developer. You can see this in the forum leaders link at bottom of page. Example:

Wizz is a admin here, he is also has a secondary roll as developer. His primary roll tho remains administrator and his site status ( name color ) will take the primary site roll.

Tomorrow I will add Power Server to the site as its own forum. As it was said there is lots of changes thats going to happen. Ned and Oddball I would really like you two to be on the team. As I said things are changing and there is 2 other things that will be major that is going to happen. Just have to work out the details then it will be announced. But be rest assured it will be a major addition to this site. All I can say at the moment this will be the one stop shop for the Call of Duty Franchise when its all done and very possibility other games as well in due time.

Things are afoot as they say ..............................................

Wizz
RGN Administrator

bullet-worm
10-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Ahh I got it! Yes, much cleaner and more to my (probably odd) tastes.

This will work great. Nice and bright.

worm

RaDioAcTivE
10-26-2007, 08:59 AM
AAAhhhh can jus feeeeel da love.

:bravo:on the hard work to bring things together.

:Outstanding!:for all of your modding needs.

Heinz
10-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Ahh I got it! Yes, much cleaner and more to my (probably odd) tastes.

This will work great. Nice and bright.

worm

which one did you choose brother man, as I like the lighter ones too (old eyes, what can I say? :d ).

bullet-worm
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
The light one, for sure. It may not be anywhere near as "pretty" as the dark one, but it sure is a lot easier on me.

Part of it has to do with my monitor at work too, which makes things even darker (been asking for a new monitor for about two years!). Maybe this monitor needs a coffee injection? :wink1:

worm

Tally
10-26-2007, 05:23 PM
The light one, for sure. It may not be anywhere near as "pretty" as the dark one, but it sure is a lot easier on me.

Part of it has to do with my monitor at work too, which makes things even darker (been asking for a new monitor for about two years!). Maybe this monitor needs a coffee injection? :wink1:

worm

Sounds like it uses a shadow mask.

Either that or work makes you near-sighted. :eek:

OneShot
10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
That's the "disturbed" theme that you like.... you can go back and forth there is a selection box in the bottom left corner.

Of course that would be the one I like :) Site is looking impressive guys, nice work to you both :bravo: Wish I could contribute a little more to this network, but I will do all I can in the "Historical" section of the site for now. It is my impression the larger we can expand different areas of the forums the more attention we will attract to the network. Now with the addition of the MOD team and all the changes on the boards and staff here at RGN I believe we will soon be steamrolling the community :wink2: