set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"
set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.halifaxrifles.clanservers.com/downloads"

I have a folder on my web server called

/downloads/hr5

and
/downloads/main

Client and Custom IWD files are in the "hr5" folder

Maps are in the "main" folder.

If I turn the redirect download command on and I do not already have the "hr5" folder in my game then it will create the "hr5" folder and then hang on downloading the Custom.iwd file or the Client.IWD file.

But if I already have the Client and Custom files on my system in the "hr5" folder, then I will have no problems downloading the additional maps, they download perfect.

If I turn off the redirect download, the custom and client files download fine.

I have tried changing the redirect command from using the www and also putting the www in front of the url.

What am I missing here!!!!

Thanks in advance.

PS our server is here IP 66.55.155.66

IDieEasy
Halifax Rifles Gamers

Mike Nomad
09-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey All

Sorry for the long post but I have ran out of ideas,

What am I missing here!!!!

Thanks in advance.

PS our server is here IP 66.55.155.66

IDieEasy
Halifax Rifles Gamers

It all looks fine to me... Have your GSP check their settings.

richman
09-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Taking a shot at this...

are the permissions on the hr5 folder on your web site ok, like the main's is? (755)

SixGunJustice
09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I had lots of problems getting my redirect to work also - kept failing whenever I had redirect turned. It turned out to be minor MIME TYPE settings on my web server (IIS) where the re-direct files were located.

I tested it and could download .zip's and .rar's but not .iwds using redirect. Turn redirect off and the .iwds would dowload, but slowly (using the in-game downloading feature)

What I did: On the redirect server, open the IIS manager (or your web server's manager), browse down to your redirect folders (MAIN - holds my maps, RCMOD - holds my mod files). Right click on each folder and chose properties. On the window that pops up, click on the HTTP HEADERS tab, then on the MIME Types button.

I entered a new MIME type - 'cod' with the extension '.iwd' and that solved my problem. Players who join my server can d-load my mappacks ranging from 75MB to 100MB in less than 2 minutes - very quick!

Hope that helps (and makes sense)!

6gun

idieeasy
09-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Well I'm stumped here...

Still cannot get it working right... The maps will download file with redirect on, but the 2 mod files will not....

It's not a windows web server , and I have asked the server people to look at it but so far no fixes.

But I might "die easy", But never at the hands of a computer.....

Cheers IDieEasy

SixGunJustice
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Check the spelling and CASE of your mod folders. I found that the folder on my redirect server holding my mods had to be in the same case as on my game server before I got it to work . . . but then again thats on a Windows server . . . pretty sure it is the same for Linux though

6gun

idieeasy
09-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks folks, got it going!!

The problem was the files on the game and on the web did not match. there was a change made to the server and the web file was not updated.

So to anyone using redirect , make sure the files are the same.

Thanks for all your help, you made me go back to the start and check everything.

Cheers IDieEasy