PDA

View Full Version : WW2X v1.7d RELEASED (last update: 23-06-07)

Marc.
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Changes
-----------
1.7d(23-06-07):
Added some eye candy

1.7d (21-06-07):
Replaced mobile/deployable mg gunmodels (Thanks to SevenSniff)
Replaced mobile/deployable mg sounds (Thanks to SevenSniff)
Fixed a ranksystem bug
Moved clanlogo to the scriptdata folder
Fixed broken playerbased rotation
Fixed broken drawfriend code
Changed the smoke effects a bit..hopefully this causes less lag from the special nades
Added drawfriend and enable/disable ranksystem to drm

1.7c:
Disabled turretoverheating (caused to many runtime errors..will be worked on tho)
Changed 50 mapvote ...now adding custom maps is way easyer
Minor bugfixes

Dak Knight
06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Wheew Marc, Do You ever sleep lol.

A Big thank You For providing a mod which has been the most stable of any version i have run.

I run a sniper server in tdm so i dont see the hiccups others may experience and therefore my feedback is limited.

I knew i made the right decision to come here when you changed.

Thank You:bravo::wink1:

superman
06-21-2007, 05:10 PM
no kidding, lol... Marc is like a Machine,
thank goodness your working on ww2x!

bet the eXtreme+ crew is kicking themselves for ever losing you.

:wink1:

Marc.
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words....i just have a few days off again from work (time i build up for working a long period of time for 18 hours a day).

since if i took all that saved time up at once they would like miss me for about 4 months straight ..lol...so a few days here and then is a better sollution

and besides that...in about 2 weeks from now i have my official holliday....i wont be around coding for 2 to 3 weeks.....yikes..

i had to make a promise to leave the pc be for a long time (2-3 weeks) and for once spend time around having fun with family.....yikes too

SixGunJustice
06-21-2007, 06:30 PM
You're going to go through withdrawls marc!:d I just want to echo the previous praise and thank you very much also. I can hardly keep up with you - I've never upgraded a mod so often with so many awesome features that just keep coming!!! I will give 1.7d a good go tonite.

We are all very lucky indeed . . . too bad you don't work for IW . . .

6gun

PunchyUK
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
We now have icons over heads but only in DM so far, not in TDM.

wolfie
06-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Punchy u runnin version c or d? i had it in c but i dont get it in d:bravo:

running great marc:wink1::bravo:

wolfie

PunchyUK
06-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Running "d", all other versions were ok no problems with head icon, the icons are huge makes sneaking around or hiding impossible.

Marc.
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
just checked (played) all d versions on dm.....and i cant reproduce this ....all headicons are off.....when i use: set scr_drawfriend "0"

make sure the one in your codserver.cfg is deleted
and the one in your playercontrol.cfg is set to "0"

also if the above doesnt work for you:

what version ? (window/linux)
setup? (single or 2 iwd setup)
gametype (i asume DM)
map (altho that shouldnt matter)
is it a clean setup? (not just edited files yourself...but a fresh downloaded d version)

Marc.
06-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Added some small "eye candy" .....nothing huge...no script changes whatsoever..changes are all client-side (images directory)

superman
06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
PunchyUK,

did you test this first on your computer with BOTS?

Also, is everyone else seeing this, or are you just seeing this?

As if you are the only person seeing them,
then please make sure there are no other mods in your
COD2\MAIN Folder, as they may sometimes conflict...

PunchyUK
06-23-2007, 04:45 PM
No other mods, everyone sees them, I spotted another drawfriend in my codserver.cfg, have removed that entry just need to test it now with players in.

PunchyUK
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Works fine now.:wink1:

Marc.
06-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately that isn't possible.
If it would come out of the scriptdata folder then the iprintln and iprintlnbold wouldn't work anymore (as far as i know....please someone prove me wrong tho)

it would require a custom hudelement created for every message.....and as we all know by now....there is a limit to those.

it would require a lot more precaching of the strings.....and as we all know by now....there is a limit to those....and we've reached it.

the reason the clantext logo can be in the scriptdata folder is because it was originally already in a folder.....since it doesn't matter how that folder is named (as long the name is the same in the callout from the varcache.gsc) i moved it to scriptdata...saves 1 folder in your cod directory....looks cleaner.

if those limits above wouldn't exists then i would be happy to convert the whole mod like that......but unfortunately.....they do exist

superman
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Even if was to run, which I doubt it, because of certain files that are made from/for v1.3 patch in the actual mod... the server would crash out ever 2 seconds from the gamestate parse error stuff... you really want to consider
upgrading your servers to the v1.3 patch, if you don't, and you remain at v1.0, then you will experience many major crashes, or major issues, especially if you try using this mod with a v1.0 server.

My advice would be to upgrade your servers,
so you can be able to enjoy all the new features of
the patches, believe me when I say "It is worth it."

I'm a little curious of WHY you don't want to upgrade your servers???