PDA

View Full Version : spawn mod

richman
06-16-2007, 11:40 PM
http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Pookie_Logic;80050

Description:
Well here is an interesting mod with an interesting name. Tired of getting killed and then spawning in the same spot only to get killed again? Well this is the mod for you, what this does is makes sure to spawn you as far away as possible from enemies. Plus this little mod works in every gametype, so one download fits all. If your interested in this or just want to stop getting spawn killed, then this is the mod for you.

Hey Marc thought you'd might give this a look.

nedgerblansky
06-17-2007, 04:38 AM
I've not tested it, but by simpling looking at the code (changes only 2 values... and call this a mod :d), I can tell that yes, it works for every gametype... but only changes the spawn in DM-based gametypes ; for WW2X that's only DM and LMS...
Nothing to get excited about I'm afraid...

Marc.
06-17-2007, 06:54 AM
well it is a mod....lol....mini-mod

if its only changing dm and lms then indeed its nothing to get exited about like Ned says.

Also, altho im sure one could make it dvar controllable .....what about the big(ger) maps?....spawning at the far end of the map....everytime walking or sprinting your way to the action for a conciderable time..it gets irritating....

but ill take a look t it nevertheless.

EDIT:

you were not joking Ned...lol

only these 2 were changed:

idealDist = 1600; to idealDist = 4000;
badDist = 1200; to badDist = 2400;

richman
06-17-2007, 08:57 AM
:p

thanks guys for the feed back...it's good to have a trained eye(s) take a look.

:frown: too bad. seemed like an interesting feature if you could manage it for all the scenarios

superman
06-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I typically think it would be a good idea to utilize TDM spawn points and CTF spawn points, while using the CTF gametype
or vice versa. Use CTF spawn points and TDM spawn points, while using TDM gametype.

Although, I noticed as I layout TDM spawn points in the map editor, that their isn't a separated TDM allies/axis spawn point when placing TDM spawn points on the maps. Am I missing something when placing TDM spawn points all over the map? As CTF spawns seem to have separated spawn points, such as CTF allies and CTF axis... So, not sure how including the TDM spawn points will help for CTF gametype. But, having both TDM spawn points and CTF spawn points for the CTF gametype to be used, would allow for more areas to spawn at.

Could help adding the ability for S&D spawn points to CTF too.

Not sure if CTFb already utilizes this type of feature. That allows for other or MORE spawn points to be utilized per gametype.

This could really help.

richman
06-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I typically think it would be a good idea to utilize TDM spawn points and CTF spawn points, while using the CTF gametype
or vice versa. Use CTF spawn points and TDM spawn points, while using TDM gametype.

Although, I noticed as I layout TDM spawn points in the map editor, that their isn't a separated TDM allies/axis spawn point when placing TDM spawn points on the maps. Am I missing something when placing TDM spawn points all over the map? As CTF spawns seem to have separated spawn points, such as CTF allies and CTF axis... So, not sure how including the TDM spawn points will help for CTF gametype. But, having both TDM spawn points and CTF spawn points for the CTF gametype to be used, would allow for more areas to spawn at.

Could help adding the ability for S&D spawn points to CTF too.

Not sure if CTFb already utilizes this type of feature. That allows for other or MORE spawn points to be utilized per gametype.

This could really help.

I think the guys at modsonline or codutility could answer these question for you, if you don't find them here.