PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Signs of Things to Come?

Mike Nomad
12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Modern Warfare 3

Could Bowling be following Olin "out the door"?

from the Steam MW3 forums....

bowling is probably leaving cod after MW3, just sayin. You can tell by how the interview during E3 with him and Glen Schofield, Glen was asked what his problem is, and he said "Him" looking at Robert Bowling. I forget exactly how it played out, but that was the gist of it. It has led me to believe he will finish up some contractual obligation and be sent away or leave himself. He's probably tired of the vocal minority being under the impression that it is the voice when really they don't matter at all.

I think this was the video, you can tell Glen has a chip on his shoulder about him. They probably don't like him because HE CARES ABOUT THE GAME AND THE COMMUNITY:

(wrong video)

Anyway, watch CoD sell 35 million copies on the strength of its game alone without taking stabs at the so-called competition that isn't even in the same class or genre of game.

And watch your precious BF3 struggle to reach ten, probably only do about 5 or 6 million copies, and had to trash talk CoD and make an army of noobs do the same for them just to gain that much.

It's all a joke, baby. And you guys are the butt of it.SOURCE (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25926704&postcount=4)

.... what's your take on all this.....

Mike Nomad
12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
My impressions?

People are generally unhappy with first Blops and now, MW3. Activision suffered a great deal more at the hands of JD2020 and 402 than most realize.

Further, the Whigs at Activision are not thinking straight. They're polluted with fantastic visions of continued high profit margins. Look back and see if the "high powered" Elite deal, with all its fanfare and "finessing of the media", has truly panned out as planned. MW3 IMHO, marks the beginning of the end for the current CoD dealios. It never ceases to amaze - the very people who proclaimed all sorts of condemnations of RGN and our staff because we took a stand against Blops, are now doing the very same thing against MW3. They're all wowie-zowie over BF3. Hypocrites.
Seems people are equally as unhappy with BF3. Read the BF3 forums that you can access. Why do you think EA set up the semi private forums and their own D/L deal that links player access to the forums and the game? I say to minimize the complaining. A unique type of diabolical user abuse called intimidation - complain too much and you're banned.

Further EA, DICE and their extensive pandering of users, Sites and Media is going to in the long run, cost them dearly - much more than they could ever imagine. Right now it all appears so neatly wrapped up in a mutual admiration deal. However in the end, the users will realize they are being schmoozed over and had (more Pied Piper BS). EA and Dice's combined obvious pandering will backfire in their faces. Sad part is, those who go along with the "party" will crash with them. Corporations providing special favor, trips, hotels, Travel and meals amounts to nothing more than bribery. IRL.. its called payola and its use and acceptance is illegal and prosecutable.
Both ACTV and EA ought to get back to concentrating on producing high quality games instead of proliferating bullshit, payola and shabby politics.

Your impressions?

Dak Knight
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/1806/lemmings.th.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/lemmings.gif/)