PDA

View Full Version : Bad News BF3 Dedi Svrs chrge EXTRA for every Player

Mike Nomad
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Battlefield 3 PC dedicated servers will charge extra.. for every single player

by Simon Williams - October 11, 2011

Planning to rent a dedicated server for Battlefield 3 on PC? Then you won’t be happy to find out that you will have to pay an extra charge on top of your monthly fee for every player slot on those servers – and on 64 player maps, those fees could soon add up.

http://beefjack.com/files/2011/06/E3-EA-Battlefield-3-Header-2.jpg

In news that is bound to hit the most dedicated of Battlefield 3 players on PC right in the wallet, it’s been announced that if you wish to rent a dedicated server for the game, you will also have to pay an additional charge for every single player slot with some providers, while others are charging a flat extra fee no matter how many server instances you want to rent.
NFOservers.com announced that they will be using a prepay per slot system on their forums (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5693): “Managed VDS and dedicated server customers will also be able to create BF3 servers after the game is released. However, customers will need to prepay a small amount per BF3 player slot they wish to run (much less than the standard rental fee). This is due to a unique requirement of BF3 that does not relate to the resource requirements of the game,” wrote admin Edge100x.

When a forum member asked for clarification using the scenario of “I’m planning to have 7 BF3 servers with 64 slots each one on my dedi server. So, I need to pay a monthly amount for 448 slots (7*64), is that correct?”, Edge100x replied “yes, it would be that slot count times the amount per slot, added to your monthly dedicated server fee.”
For large-scale clans, as the above exchange shows, the charges could become eye-watering. Edge100x admitted: “I really wish that we didn’t need to have it at all,” sympathizing with those who pointed out that this could prove an impossible financial burden for dedicated servers run on a donation basis.

Meanwhile, GSP have announced that they will be using a flat-rate extra charge hat applies no matter how many servers you want to run:There is also a BF3 support fee per physical machine. Unfortunately, we have to charge for this but are heavily subsidizing the cost. In order to support BF3 on your server, an additional £18 (incl VAT) will be charged; this fee applies even if you only want to run one BF3 game server instance. Accounts will be updated as and when we complete server migrations. The fee is only applicable from the Official release date.
This is certainly going to put a question mark against some groups ability to maintain dedicated servers for Battlefield 3 on PC, and seems a strange move which has presumably come from EA who hold approval over all official BF3 server partners (http://beefjack.com/news/battlefield-3-pc-servers-and-anti-cheat-details-revealed/).

SOURCE (http://beefjack.com/news/battlefield-3-pc-dedicated-servers-will-charge-extra-for-every-single-player/)

Wizz
10-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I see the head cheerleader and soap-boxer in-charge posted this (http://www.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=14385) at the other site. That site has turned into a select few ( fill in the blanks ).

So I wonder on how this will settle with the fanbois and soap-boxers over there. LOL

Whatever and now I know BF3 isn't for me. GREEDY bunch of mofo's.

Wizz

EDIT:

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO THAT ONE SPECIAL DUDE OF FPSADMIN:

"Remember folks; friends dont **** over friends."

"Or stab you in the back"

Mike Nomad
10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
They're gonna fleece the users for every penny they can and in every conceivable direction.

Granted its "only" .25 per slot.. but this is the beginning. It'll be up to and over a buck a slot before long.

Just like ACTV - GREEDY!

Others
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
$16 for a 64 man server. Or even $8 for a 32 man server. Its so silly. What will they think of next? Charging us $0.10 per hour spent playing their game online?

Supporting the greedy at activision and EA should be a crime for PC gamers. "Enablers" is the word I use for those who play Acti and EA games anymore. By paying for maps/DLC or charges such as the dedi server tax you are 'enabling' gaming companies to rape you for every cent they can suck from your wallet. Its sad that PC gamers haven't stood up to these companies.

10-78 Busterking
10-12-2011, 05:08 AM
I just canceled my pre-order and requested a full refund.

Tally
10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I just canceled my pre-order and requested a full refund.

Good for you. At least you show you are consistent. If you have principles, as you clearly do, it shows your moral fibre if you stick to them no matter what. Too many buffoons in this community of ours don't show the same level of commitment to their self-professed beliefs as you do. Take that TRTL for example - pounding the RO2 threads over at the BASH boards while the beta was going on, reporting every little nuance of negativity in the name of the supposed open reporting of info, yet when it comes to his beloved Battlefield franchise, he is totally hypocritical. KUCD is giving him a dose of his own medicine over the BF3 beta and he don't like it one bit:

http://bashandslash.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5192

Tally
10-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I ROFLed at this thread:

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=105802#post105802

No battlerecorder on launch; no in-game VOIP. And EA was lauding the game as the savior of competitive FPS games. Without those 2 features, you can - as Mike says - forgetaboutit.

Tally
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
EDIT:

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO THAT ONE SPECIAL DUDE OF FPSADMIN:

"Remember folks; friends dont **** over friends."

"Or stab you in the back"

Seth - forget about the clown. He is nothing more than a cheap whore, whose ass was bought and paid for by EA for the price of a plane ticket and a hotel room. A real EA "shill" if ever I saw one. After all, what has he done for the community other than run a small website for his mates? I'll tell you - f.uck all! He thinks that running a small website with 8-to-10 active members makes him something special. Well, here's a news flash for him, there are tens of thousands of such websites all over the gaming landscape. And tbh, a lot of them do things much better than he does. For one thing, the admins on the other sites aren't such illiterate f.ucks as he is.

vbloke
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
who keeps buying their games?
ea & activ certainly havent had any of my money for years

Mike Nomad
10-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Wizz is 100% correct!

Certain policy decisions recently made have reflected a tendency to show a decided bias of kiss EA's ass, suck up to DICE and screw over Tripwire and RO2.

Cap't. Jagoff and Major HOMO have seemingly taken over. They apparently can attack, accost or berate anyone to their heart's delight.God forbid ....somebody should retaliate.The shame is - people have very short memories. RGN was 100% correct about MW2 & Blops and that PCDev was a shill just like Josh "Mumbles" Olin. They lied, misled and deceived the users at every turn.Jagoff and Homo condemned RGN, myself and Wizz for having said so... then to top off the insult, Jagoff steals the RGN Wiki and puts Homo's name on it.Its all good tho, as everyone now knows who was telling the truth and who were the liars and backstabbers.

Time has a wonderful way of providing the rude awakening for some and making the truth shine brightly for all.

Mike Nomad
10-13-2011, 05:36 AM
A post found at THE BF3 cheerleading site... that pretty much truthfully sums up the state of the current situation;

Oh come on now folks. The only people to blame at this point is... well... ourselves.
We as gamers have allowed this to happen. Instead of standing up when they started this bs, we sat down and fed into it. We bought their crappy download content. We allowed them to call us "Idiots" because their mapping and modding tools would be beyond our skills.

Seriously? Only the ones in their offices are the ones who know how to use their tools? I think they thought that when the GHOUL engine came out for Soldier of Fortune 2 also.

Feed the cow is a good term for it, but I think we are feeding the pig. EA/Dice have now become Gluttonous, and that is a sin. Whether or not the game companies have figured in the extra cash for this hosting fiasco, EA has crossed the line over and over again and we let them do it. Gaming has changed far to much now for it to go back....

Or has it?Wanna know a secret?

Ninety nine percent of the sheeple will continue to go with the flow - drink the cool-aid and eat the pablum.

There should be NO room in our lives for the likes of EA and Activision - their glutinous GREED has exceeded all levels of conscionable business ethics.

Mike Nomad
10-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Man..... it didn't take long at all for the BF3 cheerleader fanbois to jump up.

Cap't. Jagoff quickly pushes his nose further up DICE's and EA's ASS! (wot a lowlife!)

Oh come on now folks. The only people to blame at this point is... well... ourselves.

We as gamers have allowed this to happen. Instead of standing up when they started this BS, we sat down and fed into it. We bought their crappy download content. We allowed them to call us "Idiots" because their mapping and modding tools would be beyond our skills. So what? Back to playing solitaire? Bottom line is, I enjoy playing FPS games and not spending my time not buying a game and giving out about it. I do however voice as much as possible on the points i feel should be corrected but ending up playing a game i dont like "just because" it has all that we as gamer want? Hell no.

I think DICE/EA have shown that they can overturn decision based on our feedback and comments - They have done so several time already for BF3.

Solitaire?? Talk about going from the ridiculous to the sublime......

Really? REALLY?? When have DICE and/or EA EVER gone back on either their direct or indirect money grubbing policy decisions.
This is all so much Brownie Boyz BS by Zeroy.

Zeroy's misleading nonsense is truly a never-ending "Pied Piper" fairy tale of a story.

His "slick" indirect cheap shot at RO2 and those who support RO2 and Tripwire is appalling.

In reality, EA & BF3 and ACTV & MW3 will be the epitome of user/consumer gouge in this economically challenged decade.

Wizz
10-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Yup and guess what, BF3 will not see the light on my system and I'll tell you why.

EA/Dice got caught with their pants down. They got caught scanning your entire system then phoning home with that big data dump on ALL of what you had installed on your system. They then got caught just giving that info away to other outside corporations so that you can be targeted with adware bullcrap.

They got caught and have they changed? NO! I say again NO. Origin is required to run BF3 and origin STILL SCANS YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM.

Valve does not and will not do that period. The best they do is a hardware survey that you can opt out of. Not with origin, you try opting out and not allow it to scan your system you dont play BF3 period.

I will pass on Origin and if that means passing on BF3 then so be it. I will not allow a program to scan my entire system ever. There is only 1 program that I have ever allowed to do this and that is AVG. But AVG doesnt take what it finds and sells said info to other outside corporations like EA's Origin service does.

And at this point I could care less for that First Person backstabbing site. I have zero respect for the head backstabber incharge now and he sure aint no friend. **** that backstabber.

Wizz

richman
10-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Wizz, do you mind if I quote you and post this at my site?
Yup and guess what, BF3 will not see the light on my system and I'll tell you why.

EA/Dice got caught with their pants down. They got caught scanning your entire system then phoning home with that big data dump on ALL of what you had installed on your system. They then got caught just giving that info away to other outside corporations so that you can be targeted with adware bullcrap.

They got caught and have they changed? NO! I say again NO. Origin is required to run BF3 and origin STILL SCANS YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM.

Valve does not and will not do that period. The best they do is a hardware survey that you can opt out of. Not with origin, you try opting out and not allow it to scan your system you dont play BF3 period.

I will pass on Origin and if that means passing on BF3 then so be it. I will not allow a program to scan my entire system ever. There is only 1 program that I have ever allowed to do this and that is AVG. But AVG doesnt take what it finds and sells said info to other outside corporations like EA's Origin service does.

thanks

Mike Nomad
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
As stated in our rules;

RGN © Content Reprint Permission:

Reprint permission fully granted - provided;

The Source: (RGN)
The Byline: (Author's Name)
All Articles remain fully intact and unedited

Proper credits must accompany the Reprinted Articles. This is made mention of because we've noticed a few websites copying and pasting the information contained herein to their sites without giving proper credits to both the Authors and Source.

Wizz
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
@Richman

Yes go ahead and post it. Spread the word because this needs to get out. People needs to know what is going on.

Edit: And one more thing, why did EA/Dice pull BF3 from STEAM. Why all of a sudden you can not get BF3 from steam. Well I'll tell you why because Valve don't play the BS games like EA/Dice wanted to. Valve does not allow scanning of peoples computers period. If a program wants to do that you must have a OPT OUT policy so that the user has a choice. That is one of the reasons on why I trust Valve with my system. With EA/Dice's Origin service you do not have a choice and you must let the origin service do what IT wants to do. If you make any attempt to block the origin service via firewall rules or in a host file for windows to divert and reroute the domain for the origin service BF3 will not run.

You cannot block origin period. Origin is not needed for the security of the game, it is a download market service and nothing more. There is no as in ZERO off-line mode with BF3. You must have origin and origin must be giving full internet connectivity and must be giving full system access. Valve doesnt do this and valve allows for off-line play.

Wizz

Mike Nomad
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Ready for this BS??

Cap't Jagoff is all bent out of shape and told me to "grow a pair" - daring me to post at FPS..... I told him to GFY.

Seems some asshat was here and captured post # 12 and put the pic of it up.

http://imageshack.us/f/823/rgnl.jpg/

Yes, we have log here of who does what....

Amazing to what lengths some pinheads will go to. Imagine that; brown nosing Cap't. Jagoff.

TO GET BACK ON TOPIC.....

EA and DICE have gone the extra mile to gouge and for that reason and that reason alone, I'll NOT spend another dime with EA. They can take their BS "Origin" and their BRIBED brownie boyz and shove it.

Wizz
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Ready fr this??

Cap't Jagoff is all bent out of shape and told me to "grow a pair" - daring me to post at FPS..... I told him to GFY.

Seems some asshat was here and captured post # 12 and put the pic of it up.

http://imageshack.us/f/823/rgnl.jpg/

Yes, we have log here of who does what....

Amazing to what lengths some pinheads will go to. Imagine that; brown nosing Cap't. Jagoff.

TO GET BACK ON TOPIC.....

EA and DICE have gone the extra mile to gouge and for that reason and that reason alone, I'll NOT spend another dime with EA. They can take their BS "Origin" and their BRIBED brownie boyz and shove it.

LMAO now I do find that so funny. Yet I am nothing but a piece of shit to the site owner over there and hence me getting stabbed in the back.

Hey thats what he wants so be it and I dont care. That is why he is bought and paid for by EA/Dice and I really hope that those plane tickets and hotel was the utmost best in service and the best seats and hotel room that he has ever gotten. Was it worth it, he better be getting all the goodies to do what he did to me and us all here.

Wizz

Mike Nomad
10-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow!! Cap't. Jagoff is relentless in his personal attack venue.... Now, he's accusing BK of being a liar!!

The above is what i mean, you are stretching the truth here... first you have to pay for your servers, the power going to it, bandwidth, hardware and then you say you can as many RO2 servers as you want? We are looking at a compare on 64 slots servers, John Gibson has said himself that a E3-1270 would run just one 64 slots servers per core, not "many".

I do see your point on the restrictions for BF3 of course and agree this way to provide servers access is not the way forward for us wanting to host our own servers but lets not lie to try win an argument. I still think we are all on the same side, this one of the PC Community, just have different views on certain things.

You are stooping really low there Zeroy.

I'm NOT lying, these are FACTS! We are presently running 3 RO2 servers on our box, to do the same we are looking at $51 extra a month with 3 BF3 servers. Of course you need to pay for the monthly dedicated server charges. What is it that you don't understand about that?

Let's see.... Ray called Tally a "Dick", Jagoff sez I need to "grow a pair" and now, Jagoff calls BK a liar.

Ya know, it sounds like them thar fine "Gents" are a losin' it! :d