PDA

View Full Version : Question Rank Icons Over Heads

wolfie
06-11-2007, 11:44 PM
ok i know i must be missing something easy here:o but to the life of me i cant seem to find where to turn of the rank icons which are on top of the heads. this has happened when i put in 1.7b, thanks

wolfie

PunchyUK
06-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I asked the same question a couple of days ago because I had forgotten what it was as well.

server.cfg

set scr_drawfriend "0"

wolfie
06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
i read that but mine is set at 0 and i still get them:confused:

wolfie

superman
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
What Gametype were you running?

make sure that the drawfriend setting isn't in any of the rest of the cfg files,
I didn't see any other settings for head icons, but maybe I'm just missing them too.

Also make sure that the head icon setting in the cfg isn't slashed out '//' although if it defaults to zero, that wouldn't matter, lol.

However, I had to disable the status rank image icons from appearing in game, because it kept lagging the server with all it's errors:

******* script runtime error *******
cannot cast undefined to string: (file 'ww2x/_wwx_ranksystem.gsc', line 55)
self.statusicon = self thread get_Current_Rank();
started from:
(file 'ww2x/_wwx_ranksystem.gsc', line 63)
wait 1;

SO, I slashed out the self.statusicon in the ranksystem.gsc and
I have not had any more lag or errors caused by it.

But, I have of course lost the status rank icons that display in the team tab score board. Oh, well, this has happened since the early days.

But, if you want to disable the head icons and if they setting for it isn't shutting it off then you might try:

_wwx_ranksystem.gsc

Go to line:
and slash "//" out 48 through 51,
as that might disable the headicons from appearing.
I haven't tested that yet, so let me know if that works...

Not sure why turning off the head icons is conflicting or not working,
I wonder if their is another head icon setting somewhere in the cfg files,
or maybe some other setting that is conflicting or that we are not aware of.

wolfie
06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks superman that worked, still dont know why i get them, never had them in 1.7a.

wolfie

Marc.
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
i just need to set set drawfriend to 0 and they are gone..no other setting

also.....switching those friendicons on gave massive runtime errors?....thats new to me.....never saw or heared about that (but ofcourse i might have overlooked a post about this)

you say happened since the early days......you mean in ww2x or also extreme?

superman
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
since eXtreme,

I also use CTF/windows server
currently I am using v1.7.0b,
but I have noticed that the status icon error had existed for some time,
not really sure if it is because of cfg configuration, maybe something was
set that could cause the error, I don't know, not a whole lot of people are stepping up to say they get that error. :confused:

But, I thought I posted about it on the eXtreme+ website way back in the day,
but I think tally just told me to // it out and forget about it, but to be honest I can't remember, I could be wrong...

But, yeah I've had that error for quite some time, during the days when I was using eXtreme+. Now I nolonger use eXtreme+, so I don't know if they still have the error.

SixGunJustice
06-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I also have the rank head icons and 'set scr_drawfriend "0"' will not remove them (v.1.7b) . . . . I even placed that dvar at the very end of the last cfg file in case it was "1" in another cfg, but they were still there?? I went back to 1.7a last night, but found this post this morning . . . .

I will try slashing out the lines that you suggested Supernan . . . hopefully that will work for me too.

6gun

Marc.
06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
weirdness....if i set drawfriend to 0 the headicons disapear just like they should

ok info gathering time as this has to be resolved...it should be easy to fix (well it sounds like an easy fix)

what gametypes this happens on..i could test all of them .lol....but to immediatly catch the bull by the horns so to say

btw this sounds like a different error (status icon error vs headicons).

ill go through my own logs to see if i get that statusicon error....which sounds to me..only occurs on mapvoting time....so i guess its not happening frequently (which is a bitch on its own...coz of the difficulty to reproduce it)
btw ..this error....can one look if it happens everytime a player leaves the server ?

SixGunJustice
06-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Not even sure what a staus icon is, but the icon above the head is the icon showing that persons current rank . . . . Private, Private 1st Class, Corporal, Sergeant . . . etc 1.7a works fine btw.

I use a windows server, Server & Client Separate Setup, and we only play DM . . . . not sure what else would be helpful.

6gun

Marc.
06-19-2007, 03:51 PM
found the issue....altho strange it didnt happen in 1.7a

in dm no friendicons should be shown at all...even if it were set to 1.....as there are no friends....but indeed it showed.

also changed it to drm..so its now in the playercontrol.cfg
also moved the dvar for enabling/disabling ranksystem to where it belongs...to the ranksystem.cfg

so the set scr_drawfriend and set wwx_ranksystem in the codserver.cfg are obsolete

will upload the mod in a bit after i altered all versions. (it will be called 1.7c btw)

only a few files have been changed...all serverside...so ill post that list with the updated mod

SixGunJustice
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
found the issue....altho strange it didnt happen in 1.7a

It might have even been a version of 1.6, I'm not sure now. I just copied the most recent version into my fsgame folder that I had saved as a backup . . . thought it was 1.7a, but could be wrong.

Thanks for the quick fix . . . those icons drove us nuts! It was like waving a big flag and saying "Here I am, shoot me!".

6gun

superman
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Marc thank you for fixing the headicon issue,

Do you have any idea why I continue to get this error below?

CTF/CTFb
Windows Server
ww2x v1.7.0b

******* script runtime error *******
cannot cast undefined to string: (file 'ww2x/_wwx_ranksystem.gsc', line 55)
self.statusicon = self thread get_Current_Rank();
started from:
(file 'ww2x/_wwx_ranksystem.gsc', line 63)
wait 1;

It goes for multiple pages in the logs,
although if I slash it out, the error will go away from the logs,
but, so will the icons in the tab score board, that shows what each
players current rank is, during gameplay.

If I leave it unslashed, the status icons show back up just fine, but
then their is the hundred errors again?

Are you getting these errors?