PDA

View Full Version : Opinion About our RO2 Header

Mike Nomad
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Most all of you have seen our new RGN header featuring Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad.

Some have asked why we are supportive of RO2...

There's a number of damn good reasons.

Red Orchestra OST Front 41-45 has a proven track record of value for the users.
There has never been Administrator dissatisfaction relative to RO Dedicated Servers with public files, choice of GSP and the support by TWI.
Mappers and Modders alike have boasted about the quality of the editors and support offered by TWI resulting in hundreds of custom maps and mods (mutators).
Full Mods such as Darkest Hour, Mare Nostrum, etc., have been stellar in their performance and support.
Tripwire, RO2's developer, has loyally and vigorously supported the PC Online Community without exception.
There has never been the first accusation of TWI taking unfair advantage of or misleading its user/consumers.

Make no mistake about this; our support for RO2 is not unfounded or anything near "blind loyalty". It is totally earned by Tripwire.

RO2 offers everything one seeking a solid FPS gaming experience could possibly desire at an affordable purchase price (39.95 US).

Yes!! I personally will be ordering RO2 ASAP.

What say you?

Tally
07-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Funny thing is Mike, Captain Slaphead and his merry crew now have an RO2 forum at Mappers United. After all the ill-wishing he did against RO2, practically wishing it to fail in order to prove some pathetic point, it is more than a little ironic that MU has an RO2 forum full of supporters of the game, and that MU plan to have an MU RO2 server as well.

He left this site and his position here because, as he claims, you were over the top with your support of RO2 and that he felt stifled in his support for Black Ops. On top of that, a lot of others left RGN because they didn't like the way you ran your servers, with them criticising your policy to not have hard men who raked up kills without consideration for other players on the server. Guess how they run their BO server? Yep, that's right - just like you did, with an almost identical rule set. Funny that, eh? That your rules were so dreadfully wrong that they should go and replicate them on their own server, and defend them against criticism at every occasion. If your way of running a server was/is so wrong, why copy it?

I think Captain Slaphead needs to come clean and admit the reason he left here had little to do with your supposed over the top support for RO2, or him being stifled in his support for BO, but because he wanted to be the big cheese and have "his" own community. That he simply cannot play second fiddle to anyone. After all he believes the world hangs on his every word, and waits with baited breath to hear what he has to say about anything because, as he believes, he is so important to life, the world, the universe and everything in it.

Sorry if that was off topic, but as I said, it is more than a little ironic.

vbloke
07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
very excited by Ro2.
I had completely given up on FPS games - but will be definately buying this.
cant wait for august 30

Mike Nomad
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
------ snip ------

Sorry if that was off topic, but as I said, it is more than a little ironic.

Ironic is not saying enough.

Agreed.... its hypocrisy at its very best but the fact remains, when it comes to RO, there is no denying that it is the game in our future. It was 7 years ago and still is. As for RO2, its definitely the game I have been talking about since the revelation of its coming.

As I stated above, Tripwire EARNED my support by supporting the users with truthful promotions quality software and solid support. Nothing Misnomer, Zeroy, Ray or any of the other "sour grapes" can say or do will change that fact. The fact that the two most vociferous (Zeroy & Ray) against RGN and RO2 are now embracing RO2 is a good thing... I think.

Many of them have been in our RO/DH server under pseudonyms.. little do they realize IP addys and Steam User ID's remain the same. Some have been disruptive asshats, others played just fine and will remain welcome.

The door is always open to those who desire to make amends and return. RGN has always supported the users as you well know. Unlike others, RGN never had "hidden" agendas of any sort - in fact, we've always been up front "telling it like it is".
We want nothing more than to see RO2 become GOTY and rise to grand heights of success.

Tally
07-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I've stayed quiet on where I personally stand about HOS because I want to wait and see how the game plays. But I will say this before it is out: I so badly want to like the game precisely because it has all the things a PC game should have. But I fear my loathing of realism type games will kill my enjoyment of it, just like it did with RO1. However, whether I like the game to play or not, all things being well, I intend to mod for it. I already have a game design document full of ideas for a mod for it. I just need to get my hands on the mod tools once they are released.

I am going to try BF3 to see how the Team Deathmatch gametype handles, and if MW3 has dedicated servers I will try that as well, but I wont be investing any real time in either of them. It's time to move on and now it's only a question of finding a replacement game to put all my efforts into. Could HOS be the one? I do so hope it is.

hellbilly
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes!! I personally will be ordering RO2 ASAP.

What say you?
Hell ya !!!
i cant wait to get in game

Mike Nomad
07-22-2011, 04:54 PM
----- snip -----

It's time to move on and now it's only a question of finding a replacement game to put all my efforts into. Could HOS be the one? I do so hope it is.

I agree with you completely. I believe you will find that RO2 will, in fact, be a symbol of realism sprinkled with enjoyable "factors". In any case, your doing any coding for RO2 is a certain benefit for the RO/RO2 community.

Fishsticks
07-22-2011, 11:48 PM
RGN and HOS go together like apple pie and icecream. God forbid we support a game developed for the*gasp* PC !!!

I have only good things to say about Tripwire Interactive. They are one of the last bastions of PC developers that hasn't completely succumed to the demads of 14 year old ADD console gamers. They have stayed true to the PC hobbyists not the casual ****tards.

Just go take a look at their forum....posts FULL of developer interaction with their customers and it's been that way for years folks. Full support of modding DAY 1! with HOS not to mention (of course) dedicated servers and 3 different difficuties to run at your choosing.

Name me one other developer of a badass military FPS that has this kind of product support interaction with their customers.....*crickets chirpping*....that's what I thought....

Why even support a throw away, consolitis suffering FPS such as Black Ops?? It's just mindless garbage. In 2 years from now, no one is going to care about Black Ops. You know why? because by then there will be 2 more Call of Poopy games out. HOS will be played for years with TONS of mods and endless maps.

Hail to the King baby.

OneShot
07-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Just go take a look at their forum....posts FULL of developer interaction with their customers and it's been that way for years folks. Full support of modding DAY 1! with HOS not to mention (of course) dedicated servers and 3 different difficulties to run at your choosing.

While this topic appears to moving around a bit let me muddy the waters a bit more, as likely this post belongs in the "Rants" section of these boards and not this particular thread.

While I agree with you the "official" website is loaded with a wealth of information for the users, at least from what I recall. Admittedly, I have not visited TWI's site in nearly two years after being warned/disciplined by a moderator there after responding on their boards to a post that the US deserved/asked/should have been attacked by the Japanese on that Sunday morning December 7, 1941 at Pearl Harbour, a subject that has "personal" implications to me and my family which I found extremely offensive.

My recollection at this time is that in the past the moderation of this "official" site left a bad taste in my mouth and imho a lot to be desired. I have supported TWI and RO:Ostfront 41-45 from day one with my patronage, continued participation in gaming time, and encouraging others to try the shooter for themselves which continues today. Unfortunately, again this is my opinion and not that of RGN, it's staff or members, I believe TWI official web site seemed to show favoritism to certain folks while outwardly snubbing others which I suggest is not appropriate. Not to rehash all the issues of the past, but whether it was what I believed were unfair treatment by TWI's site moderators simply because of a members nick to outright favoritism through TWI giving 64 player servers and preferential treatment to other gaming networks all the while hiding the fact that this had been done . Arguably, whether directly or indirectly, this hurt smaller networks and server administrators.

After raising my issue/concerns with several high ranking TWI officials I was told that it was an extremely difficult task for their moderators to monitor their boards, how their staff did this strictly as volunteers, that they stood 100% behind their moderators and their decisions, and if I was unhappy with the official site why not try volunteering and moderating it myself, which I eagerly agreed to do. Unfortunately, I never heard another word from TWI on the subject.

Having said all this I support TWI's shooter, and am anxiously awaiting the release of HOS. My point being, while probably a bad analogy, let me try this anyway. Before I shop for a new vehicle I have already done my homework, know what I want, and just because I have a bad sales experience at a dealership, this does not sway my decision or purchase. I have a choice. Take my business to another dealer or grin and bear it and purchase the vehicle on site. In this situation I would choose to go to another dealer but I still will purchase the product as well before this time I have made my decsion.

Fortunately, a lot of gaming networks, RGN for example, publishes all the relevant information to TWI's shooters, only without the political nonsense. So I choose to get my information here, and not at TWI's "Official" site.

OneShot
07-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Many of them have been in our RO/DH server under pseudonyms.. little do they realize IP addys and Steam User ID's remain the same. Some have been disruptive asshats, others played just fine and will remain welcome.

The door is always open to those who desire to make amends and return. RGN has always supported the users as you well know. Unlike others, RGN never had "hidden" agendas of any sort - in fact, we've always been up front "telling it like it is".

You sir, are a better man than I and have my respect. It is one thing to debate an issue/topic responsibly, but several of these individuals you may welcome back chose to get extremely personal and negative in their remarks. They actively did all in their power to hurt this network with what I believe was their ultimate goal to shut it down no matter what it took to accomplish it.

In my opinion, this goes against what RGN is all about; responsible free speech and the exchange of opinions with respect to each other's views. If it were me I could forgive them, but I for one would not choose to allow them back in to this networks' boards or servers. Of course, this is ultimately your decision.

Mike Nomad
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM
You sir, are a better man than I and have my respect. It is one thing to debate an issue/topic responsibly, but several of these individuals you may welcome back chose to get extremely personal and negative in their remarks. They actively did all in their power to hurt this network with what I believe was their ultimate goal to shut it down no matter what it took to accomplish it.

In my opinion, this goes against what RGN is all about; responsible free speech and the exchange of opinions with respect to each other's views. If it were me I could forgive them, but I for one would not choose to allow them back in to this networks' boards or servers. Of course, this is ultimately your decision.

I understand your position and conclusions. All but a few are welcome. Those few are, whom I am certain you allude to, will never see the light of day at or in anything RGN. Treachery is the ultimate betrayal they chose. They will live with it - not anyone else. For the others who are welcome, they were misled by the few we are both aware of.

In any case, back to our header.... it will change as we get closer to the release date of RO2 and we have more to tell the users about this program.

So far, all the info is definitely on the positive side in regard to both Independent Dedicated Server Admins and those who enjoy Mapping and Modding great programs.

Mike Nomad
07-26-2011, 06:18 AM
A new header pic!

Meant to celebrate the new Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.

The more info we get the greater the anticipation heightens for release day of August 30. Combining historical accuracy and all the modern technological features 2011 can offer and then some in HoS for only $39.95!

We are in for a treat. :wink1:

Dirtnap
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
When is RGN going to get a euro server?

Also this place needs a re-design Mr-Nomad sir. After 4 or 5 years away it is still the same.

Mike Nomad
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
When is RGN going to get a euro server?

Also this place needs a re-design Mr-Nomad sir. After 4 or 5 years away it is still the same.

Careful before I give ya a Dirt Nap.... The site is dandy as it is. TYVM. You been drinking a few? :wink2:

Euro Server? for which game?

Dirtnap
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
What game would you like?

I was think RO2 or DH?

Not trying to steal no thunder, just trying to help you guys expand into Europe and get you word out. You know I love you guys, you are the beacons of hope in world of poop, that keeps crapping on us PC's gamers.

Mike Nomad
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Appreciate the compliments.... TY.

I don't see a Euro server in the near future. :rolleyes: Considering the state of the world economy.

Dirtnap
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I appreciate the shocker some are having, not the case in some industries of which I'd like to share that with.