PDA

View Full Version : Info About HoS Updates, Expansions & DLC

Mike Nomad
07-18-2011, 07:01 AM
In the Official RO2: HoS Steam forums a user asks;

what the post launch plans for support of RO2 are going to be. Is there going to be DLC, paid map packs, expansions? Are there going to be vanity characters for 2 bucks each? Stuff like that. Thank you.

Yoshiro replies;

In our first post launch DLC we plan to add 2 tanks, 2 troop transports and more. Most likely a map and some things that might have slipped the launch of the game (along with the general host of bug fixes).

It will be free.

VP Alan Wilson adds;

There will be additional vehicles, maps etc for the base game. Those will be free, as always. Probably won't be "vanity packs" as this is a realism-focused game, so bling doesn't fit too well!

We are looking at doing expansion packs for money down the road - but those will be about the same size as the base game, including MP and SP etc etc.

SOURCE (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1979419)

10-78 Busterking
07-18-2011, 10:37 AM
One thing is for sure, we'll get our money's worth with RO2 and more including great dev support as always.

August 30th. can't come soon enough!

OneShot
07-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Let me point out per VP Alan Wilson's quote above they are "looking at" pay for expansion packs down the road and those are purported to be the size of the original shooter! Unless I am mistaken I read nothing offical from TWI as far as pay for DLC at this time. As of now nothing other than the "FREE" update with additional vehicles, maps, and fixes have been confirmed.

DragonFly
07-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Let me point out per VP Alan Wilson's quote above they are "looking at" pay for expansion packs down the road and those are purported to be the size of the original shooter! Unless I am mistaken I read nothing offical from TWI as far as pay for DLC at this time. As of now nothing other than the "FREE" update with additional vehicles, maps, and fixes have been confirmed.
Correct!, but if expansion packs are the size and complexity of a 'game' than I am gladly willing to pay for them...
Hell I will pay for DLC IF it is good enough (not just some maps / remakes of maps....). :d

[3rdArmy]CW-4
07-18-2011, 08:22 PM
"looking at" pay for expansion packs down the road I read this as just about the same as UO was a "pay for expansion pack" to vCOD. Nothing wrong with that, beats the crap out of $45 for 12 new MP and 3 Zombi maps.... Which I didn't buy....

Fishsticks
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Tripwire Interactive: Following in the tradition of PC games from the past. You pay for a single product and everything else comes free.

Wilsonam
07-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Correct!, but if expansion packs are the size and complexity of a 'game' than I am gladly willing to pay for them...
Hell I will pay for DLC IF it is good enough (not just some maps / remakes of maps....). :d

That is kinda our take on it as well. We'll do free DLC for map-packs, vehicles, whatever. Stuff that takes a few developers a few months (about 3-6 man-months per vehicle). We'll get our money back on those from the increased sales.

Add-on packs for money: this would be something like a complete campaign set - same scale as the base game (i.e. 2 SP campaigns, with MP versions of all the maps). Talking about man-years of effort here...

Wang Snee Wang
08-09-2011, 06:29 AM
If you do it like cod1 and cod uo did, I'm willing to pay.
Deluxe Edition 49,98
Plz don't focus on sp, coop is much better to get the feel of the game and set your keys.

CrazyMonk
08-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Tripwire Interactive: Following in the tradition of PC games from the past. You pay for a single product and everything else comes free.

exaclly I love that they are doing update for free that is unsee nowdays :bravo:
I will gladly pay for an extension if it is the size of the game