PDA

View Full Version : Question Lags with mod

Elric666
06-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi all,

I'm using your mod not the first time, btu now we have really issues.
Most times when somebody gets shot or starts shooing a short interrupt comes up. So if you get shoot you never have teh chance to shoot back or vice versa.
I assume it cannot be our box or line as this happens only with this mod.
Hunkmegs are set to 512 mb. The box is a 2x xeon dual core 2.6 ghz with 8 gb ram. The line is fine too and every player has this problem.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks for any support.

Elric666

Marc.
06-05-2007, 07:32 AM
check the console logs and see if there are many errors spit out in there.

there is a problem with the turretpointer (that even if disabled spits out enourmous runtime errors...these can lag the server)....im correcting this ASAP

RaDioAcTivE
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not running v1.7 yet but I can say for certain that the 1.6.3 version is the cleanest or "crispest" version to date. We've had around 30 people in it and the pings are lower with far less lagg so I can assure you that this is a temporary issue and not something that's normal for this mod.

Elric666
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Hm,

checked the log no errors so far. Maybe I'm also not used to find them, but I think they should have something like "error" in it?

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

I realized that some players get 999 in the moment they are attacked ...

Elric666

Marc.
06-05-2007, 09:34 AM
well in any case i singled out the runtime error.....testing the fix right now on a public server....if its good then thats the end of that.

for lag issues....if it aint this runtime error that is causing this..then i really would have to speculate as for what does cause it.
Nothing much has changed in the mod from 1.6.3 really well it has but nothing that should induce so much more lag.
the only thing i could think of are the fire and gas grenades.......those have special fx......and i do believe that specially the fire is very intense....if everyone throws firenades at the same time...or very often that COULD cause additional lag.

but that has always been a cullprit for fx....just look at the smokes.....the more smokes the laggier or more higher pings you get

so i dont believe that if you replace the smokes for fire or gas nades you would suffer more lag.
if you replace the normal nades..then it could be....normal smoke fx...fire/gas fx on top of it......

other than that....i would have no idea.......but i will keep an eye on it tho nevertheless

Elric666
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Thx again for the reply. I think I found the major problem, pbautoss.
Well it was good playable now.

But... we used the mod several times in different versions and always had the phenomen that in vip the cip suddenly become unvulnarable. In the most actual version this happened again. This time to me :s
After a selfkill it was ok again, but you can imagine the calls "!cheater" on the server. I sthis something that is known?
As I guess there might be coming up additional problems for me soon. But I will not use this gametype anymore from now on :P

Elric666

Marc.
06-05-2007, 12:10 PM
those pb screenshots do indeed cause major lag..thats a wellknown fact....at least it was initially..i dunno if they corrected the problem since then......guess not

about VIP ..no havent heard of that problem before....its a gametype developed by Nedgerblansky, perhaps he knows more of it.

superman
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh boy, if you keep getting that 999, even after shutting off pbss,
make sure to shut off head popping, helmet popping and
please do NOT turn on the ww2x rain.

That ww2x rain, needs to be recoded, as there is better rain code that exists now, that wont cause the 999 lag.

Elric666
06-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Thx sm. But none of these features is activated.
As I said it's working much better now, as it's almost completely gone.
Still this vip problem...:rolleyes: But I made a post at extrememod.com.

I hope to get an answer soon...

Thanks for your support!

Elric666

nedgerblansky
06-06-2007, 05:37 AM
about VIP ..no havent heard of that problem before....its a gametype developed by Nedgerblansky, perhaps he knows more of it.

There was a very old bug like that, but prior to the eXtreme+ conversion I had done, long before the eXtreme+/WW2X split.
I don't know if it's the same bug or if it's caused by some kind of incompatibility with a map.

The VIP gametype is no longer updated separately.
Since we took over the AWE mod, we update everything inside AWE only.
Same for IHTF, EHQ, CTFB, DOM, etc. that were released independently from AWE.
Same for the newest AWE gametypes like BT, ONS, ECTF, ESD, etc. that were never released independently.
We have no extra free time to spend on updating these things outside of AWE, you'll probably understand.

The best thing would probably be to update VIP in WW2X according to the latest one in AWE.
VIP has been updated last in AWE 3.1.
We've had no bug report on VIP since, which does not mean there is no bug left, of course :p

Marc.
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Ned, this is still the same VIP as when you wrote it for extreme...ofcourse drméd for ww2x ....

so this bug shouldnt be in it?....or did i read it wrong.

in any case ill take a look at awe 3.1 version of vip and compare and if needed adjust the ww2x one.

nedgerblansky
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
No, the bug should not be in it... theoritically...
VIP has changed since, so the best would be to update it, and test again to see if the bug reappears.

Marc.
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
okidoki...never heard this bug before either,..not that it says much....how much run ww2x AND vip.....or extreme and vip for that matter

update i will as soon i get the time...i love updates lol....as soon i get those runtime errors from the turrets to disapear.

Elric666
06-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Well,

as I said we used prior versions of the extreme mod and never used vip on the pub as in testing games we had this problem several times. It comes and goes.
You can imagine my feelings when suddenly I realized what happened, while all were shooting at me. :eek: To be accused cheater is really not the best feeling, in special if you are the server admin...

I mean I knew what happened, but explain this to the players at this moment...

Thanks for the answers and I hope the update will fix it :d

Elric666

P.S.: I posted here also and point to other upcoming bugs in vip: http://extremecod.com/smf/index.php?topic=3193.0