06-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Changes
-----------
1.7:
# Added deployable mg30cal and mg42
# Added fire, gas and sticky bombs
# Added ESD gametype
# Added turret overheat function
# Changed turret disable function (now can switch on/off turret type)
# Scripted map/gametype callvotemenu now handles 180 maps
# (Hopefully) better targeting for airstrikes, arty and mortar launches (calling strikes through a window for example now shouldnt drop the flare an the wmd on your own position)
# Fixed mobile mg sounds

hadnt much time to do more for now im afraid due to time consuming real life issues..but thats over now (hopefully)

deployable mg's : deploy and pickup again by pressing the aiming down sight key while looking to the ground...by default you see a planting icon that tells you if you can deplaoy or not (if not a ? appears)....you can disable this icon in the cfg file.
if you want you can have 2 sorts of mobiles per team...one that you can carry around and shoot while walking....or the new one...the one you have to deploy in order to use...just to make admins happy i left the 1st ones in as well (ofcourse diable/enable by dvar)

sticky bombs: well they dont really stick to a vertical wall or something....they do get stuck on a ledge or anything that physically sticks out

special nades(stickies, fire, gas): you can use them either as replacements for smoke grenades, or for the frag grenades.
however do not use both special nades for smoke and normal grenades replacement....wont work
its either normal smokes(ofcourse still can be collored) and special nades or
special smokes and normal frags

the specials are also intergrated in the tripwires but do normal trip damage

i prolly have to add some special sounds to the special grenades (explosion/gas sounds) so dont ask me for that..that will come

changed cfg files: weaponcontrol.cfg and gametypes.cfg

changed script files: to many to mention, im sorry but this time one really needs to do a full update...yeah i know...that sucks

RaDioAcTivE
06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Great work Marc!!! I won't have time until next week to give it a try out but it looks good to me and the new functions with the mobile mg's are much appreciated as well as the new S&D gametype.

richman
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
:bravo:

I have to go and change my shorts...:o

I'll be posting this info and implementing a.s.a.p.

A BIG WHORAH!

Thanks Marc.

richman
06-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey Marc,

I didn't notice any description for, or maybe I over looked it, but the zzzz_bp.iw, what is this?

bloodpools is this like merciless?
and
artyexpl ?

thanks

~Sint~
06-04-2007, 02:33 AM
I just uploaded the mod as is with no changes except the absolute minimum need in codserver.cfg . Mod appears to load ok but I have no weapons....any ideas?

Marc.
06-04-2007, 07:24 AM
bloodpooling effects and artillery explosions effects ....i thought i stated that with the 1.6.3 version....merciless has them also the masacre mod and extreme
i offered them as a seperate iwd file coz not everyone might like those.

@ saint...be sure you also updated/changed out the clientside of the mod

~Sint~
06-04-2007, 07:46 AM
....................................@ saint...be sure you also updated/changed out the clientside of the mod

the clientside is there as well...

Marc.
06-04-2007, 04:32 PM
quickfix version 1.7a due to some minor but nevertheless needed bugfixes

foremost its a cosmetic update....one might have noticed that when using the deployable turrets the screen nicly clutters up with tripwire messages, press use key to drop the turret + a nice large turret icon right in front of your nose

i removed those hints for turret dropping
added just like the sniper rifles..the turrets to the tripwire script......meaning...if you use a deployable turret the message now shows to choose a different weapon.
you cant plant a trip anyways when deployed.....its still a message but less intrusive

reduced explosionradius for the gas/fire smokenade replacements....altho now one could say its to low...its now the same as normal frag grenades..(personal preference).

forgot to add destroy commands to the hud ...when one gets killed the turret pointer and overheat counter didnt get destroyed...thats fixed now

added htf fix for brecourt thanks to Ned.
added overheat system to deployables thanks to Ned.
workaround for 127 bones issue when using mobile/deplyable mg's...no need to change the map.gsc files for the maps anymore...mod now does it automaticly (stock and custom maps)..long live AWE :)

changed files:

_ex_hud.gsc
_ex_tripwires.gsc
_ex_weapons.gsc
_ex_weapons_norm.gsc
_ex_turrets.gsc

_teams.gsc
htf.gsc

30cal_prone_mp
30cal_stand_mp
30cal_duck_mp
mg42_bipod_duck_mp
mg42_bipod_stand_mp
mg42_bipod_prone_mp

all the: smoke_grenade_team_gas_mp files
all the: smoke_grenade_team_fire_mp files

no cfg file changes

nedgerblansky
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
added htf fix for brecourt thanks to Ned.
added overheat system to deployables thanks to Ned.
workaround for 127 bones issue when using mobile/deplyable mg's...no need to change the map.gsc files for the maps anymore...mod now does it

WOW, that was quick.

You're definitely one of the most faithful AWE users :p

Marc.
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
yes i am Ned, as from day 1 Bell started with it....altho i moved on to extreme and now ww2x i NEVER lost track of AWE ...i always downloaded a copy of the latest version to test out.

when bell started with awe for cod2 that became less...because to be honest..not much features in it....but then you guys continued it...and if i may say so...took a giant leap forward in features...so i start to test it again.

All that and the fact you guys are and always were more then willing to help me out with features and gametypes.
Like i told you before...you guys can take whatever feature of ww2x you want and use or enhance it for awe...and also when testing awe stuff give you feedback about issues i find

you guys (you and oddball) are two of the most talented and integer (hope the spelling and meaning is right on this one..lol) people i "met" in the cod community

Marc.
06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
UPDATE:

updated to 1.7b

This is a major overhawl of the total mod...not even the cfg files are the same.
Ive replaced all extreme call with ww2x calls ...because if we want to be truly seperatly seen from extreme and prevent mixups in cfg files and sorts...then this had to be done.

also the turrets should now not spit out huge amounts of runtime errors anymore.

overheating system code is disabled in the scripts...those runtime errors are not fixed yet...so for now...disabled.
it didnt crash your server....but the runtime errors were anoying.

bleedmessages are cut down due to the localized string limit ..only above compas and in the middle of your hud can be enabled now.

added a spawnprotection addition.....invisible spawn per seen on the IWN forums.....on or of by dvar

mapvote and callvote system update (work together)..bennefits..one file in scriptdata folder where you add you custom maps...much better then the previous 3 or 4

since its a rather extensive overhawl considering exrtreme callouts.i might have forgotten a few of those....let me know if you find any (feats not working or crashing)

turretoverheating...still been worked on to bring it back asap.

Marc.
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Additionally...what about the idea to have your secondary weapon attatched to your back?

SevenSniff has made a really cool mod that shows the secondary weapon on a players back...pistols on their side.

i already made it work with ww2x.....but there are missing a few models for it

like the knife, mobile mg's , g43_sniper, panzerschreck, and a few dummy files that the mod would need.

Ive allready contacted SevenSniff about this,....he would provide the models in a next release of his mod (hope he doesnt forget tho)

SixGunJustice
06-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I've been out of town for a bit, but got 1.7 running on my server last night . . . OUTSTANDING! Love the new nades! Many, many thanks to you marc for your hard work and support and ideas. You rock my friend!

:bravo:

Marc.
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
last night.....ummmm better use 1.7b tho ;)

superman
06-10-2007, 01:37 AM
marc... the idea of the weapons on the model is very cool and worth it from my personal opinion.

Anyhoo,
I got 1.7a figured out and yes it is causing massive errors with those turrets... I also figured out how to get the 50+ map voting system to work, as
that was a pain in my butt, since I had to go in and edit maps.str, varcache
and ex_maps or something like that... god, what a pain, just to code in the custom maps...

anyways, now i'm trying to move to 1.7b, so I can stop getting MASSIVE errors as it is lagging the players badly. But... I am totally confused about the scriptdata file "_wwx_votemaps.gsc",
what is that file??? I've never seen a gsc file in the scriptdata directory before...

I didn't even think gsc files could even work from the scriptdata folder. I tried reading the help file, and it said "SEE WWX_VOTEMAPS.GSC"...

I see the wwx_votemaps.gsc and I fully understand how to code wwx_votemaps.gsc for custom maps, BUT, what I don't understand is what do I do with wwx_votemaps.gsc file after I code it for custom maps???

Also, what other files do I need to edit to get the 50+ map voting system to work at the end of a maps game round??? Some of the files that I am used to have been removed or renamed, so I'm not sure exactly, what to edit now...

(God I wish there was an easier way to code in custom maps...)

Also, am I gonna have to change the fs_game directory name, since
many MAJOR files were moved or renamed in v1.7b, as if I don't rename the fs_game directory, it may lead to impure clients?

Thanks for any assistance.

Marc.
06-10-2007, 07:32 AM
the only file where you have to put the custom map names are in that _wwx_votemaps.gsc in the scriptdata folder, nowhere else.

the 50 mapsvote system takes the names from there....

so nomore in the maps.gsc, precache.gsc and maps.str (maps.str file has been removed....not needed anymore)....only the _wwx_votemaps.gsc......and you leave it in the scriptdata folder.

the enabeling and other dvars for the 50 mapvote and 160 callvote are still in the same gsc files....those havent changed.

what i have to make clear tho....the names are case sensitive

if you have in your maprotation for example : gametype tdm map Sweat_Blood

and in the votemaps.gsc you have sweat_blood it will return in the game "unlocalized string" its case sensitive

superman
06-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Oh marc, you are a life saver...

I will go ahead and change the fs_game directory for my server
just to be on the safe side, as by using v1.7b with all the ww2x name
conversions, could lead up to impure clients, but thats okay, v1.7b will
be the best updated mod in the COD2 community to date.

This is way too cool.

richman
06-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Question about the secondary on the back.

Is this going to be a function of secondaries being enabled?

Is this an optional add-on?

How big might this be?

Is this a player model re-skin?

Marc.
06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
if secondary weapons are not enabled there is no weapon on the back

up till now without the models we still do need its aprox 1.3 mb

now new skins.....they are attatched to your back...only the weapon model (stock) model has been decompiled...rotated and recompiled and apear on your back

it can be offered intergrated or as an addon ....(tried it out as an addon...but ofcourse due to missing models....and dummy models..i got errors)

Marc.
06-10-2007, 06:10 PM
ATTENTION!!!

The _wwx_mapvote.gsc in the mod is flawed!!!

redownload the mod it has the fixed gsc file in it.

it only involves the _wwx_mapvote.gsc...which has been replaced just now (for those who want to know when the fixed version was uploaded..see posting time)

so or download the whole mod again.....or download it and just swap out the _wwx_mapvote.gsc file......simply replace your old one with this new one

thank you

richman
06-10-2007, 07:57 PM
if secondary weapons are not enabled there is no weapon on the back

up till now without the models we still do need its aprox 1.3 mb

now new skins.....they are attatched to your back...only the weapon model (stock) model has been decompiled...rotated and recompiled and apear on your back

it can be offered intergrated or as an addon ....(tried it out as an addon...but ofcourse due to missing models....and dummy models..i got errors)

thx for the info Marc

Wizz
06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
go here to get the updated 1.7b version

http://www.raidersmerciless.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

download the windows or linux version you need.

To use the mod to play, all you need is the one download or you can download it from the gaming server you play on.

Marc.
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
additional info on the weapons on back mod......sevensniff has made the extra needed models....(except for 2..but those i can use dummy files for).

i was already happy....as the entire thing was ready for trials...however as soon i tried it out.......model index overflow when the server rotated to another map.......sigh.....obviously we hit yet another limit in the pos cod2

was allready a bit seen after the addition of the mg's models...now its everywhere if you would use the wepsonback mod.....as it obviously spawns a model of your non used wep on your back

it doesnt crash every map...carentan for example could handle it....but as soon i switch to rnr_murmansk....crash....model index overflow.

all depends on the map and obviously the amount of players at that time on that map........sigh

info string limit
maprotation limit
precache status icon limit
localized strings limit
model limit
next is?.......

PunchyUK
06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
info string limit
maprotation limit
precache status icon limit
localized strings limit
model limit
next is?.......

Patience reached limit.:wink1:

nedgerblansky
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Patience reached limit.:wink1:

Add to the list :
- hud elements limit,
- serverinfo dvars limit,
- menu items limit

EDIT :
- 1280 dvars limit,
- compass objectives limit

superman
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I wonder if IW would ever consider patching any of those limits...

Even if they would ever patch them,
It would probably would be too late, since
COD4 and other games will be coming out soon.

There will obviously be a huge exodus of players that
would leave COD2, when better/ more developed games
come out.

Oh, IW shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Marc.
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
would concider?....they never have concidered it

a patch? for cod2? never is gonna happen...and wasnt gonna happen after 1.3..even them made that clear.

SixGunJustice
06-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Sad but very true . . . oh well, this summer/fall will most likely be the bitter end for COD2 . . . if MOHA turns out to have a good MP . . .