PDA

View Full Version : Appeal Requesting Unban

Placebo Cyanide
03-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I do not know the rank structure of your clan, but I am fairly certain that Mike Nomad is the leader of it all. Because of that I have no real expectations that my ban will be overturned if it is in fact a one man show. I'm simply making this thread because I feel something needs to be said.

I was playing on the RO:Ostfront RGN server earlier today. When I first joined the server I was playing under the name Heimdall. It is one of the names I go by when I don't want to use the mic and just want to play and listen to music. I also use it to see how people treat those they don't know. Anyways, the map that was being played was an infantry map, I want to say it was Moscow something but I honestly don't remember, I've only played it a couple of times. I was on the defending side (Russian) with the semi-automatic rifle just playing and minding my own business.

My play-style was IMHO not disruptive -- I was not cheating/hacking, exploiting, spawn-camping, or using any other lame tactics. At one point one of the RGN members said my gameplay was "Fishy". His name started with an E but I don't recall the full name... if I thought I was going to be kick/banned I would've turned on fraps. Because I have had a previous situation with Mike Nomad I thought it prudent to reveal my real name " ]nXs[Placebo Cyanide ". My hope was to show that I was a recognized honorable gamer he had played with in the past. That proved to be a misjudgement on my part because all it seemed to do was bring up questions as to why I need more than 1 name... /sigh.

In a previous game a while ago I had killed Mike by shooting him in the leg with a bolt while he was camping in the corner of a room... in fact, it was actually on the same map. His first reaction was to call BS/cheat. Because the server was not very populated I offered him to come back to the same spot of the map and I would show him how I killed him. From where his head was positioned he was unable to see through the door, However, since he was crouched, his leg stuck out a fair amount from his center mass, enough to be in my line of sight (it was not sticking through the wall). After I showed him this he accepted that I was not cheating.

The current problem he had with my play style seemed to be centered around my ability to aim and hit center mass on most of my targets and reliably hip-shoot those whom were under 30 feet away. A couple of the non-RGN clan members thought my gameplay was fishy, but that is a fairly common reaction from pubbers on most servers so I never really pay attention to it. Mike said a couple of times in what I had assumed was a joking manner to stop doing so damned well or some words to that effect. It was not until the last warning which seemed to come mere seconds before the ban did I realize that he was becoming quite perturbed. At one point a RGN clan member spoke up saying that he had not seen anything that would indicate cheating/hacking/exploiting. Ignoring the council of his clan mate I was issued a ban by Mike Nomad.

I do not, will not, and never have used a cheat or hack or exploit on any multi-player game. At this point I highly doubt it matters, as well as whether or not I actually want to rejoin the server. Despite that, if you guys will let me prove my innocence, then I will. If that requires me playing an infantry game with you guys and uploading a video to youtube or something then fine. Something just doesn't sit right with me being banned so swiftly when I am innocent... I can only imagine all the others like myself who did nothing wrong and were either ignored or did not bother to refute the claim. I find it very draconian and unjust to issue out an IP-Ban with no evidence what so ever.

In the end, this is your guys' rodeo, so if that is how you want to run the show, then well, there's really nothing I or anyone else can do. If the high road is taken, I hope to see you guys in-game, if not, I wish the best of luck to the honorable players within your ranks.

Mike Nomad
03-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I do not know the rank structure of your clan, but I am fairly certain that Mike Nomad is the leader of it all. Because of that I have no real expectations that my ban will be overturned if it is in fact a one man show. I'm simply making this thread because I feel something needs to be said.RGN is NOT a clan. You were abusing all the other players with your one shot kills.
I was playing on the RO:Ostfront RGN server earlier today. When I first joined the server I was playing under the name Heimdall. It is one of the names I go by when I don't want to use the mic and just want to play and listen to music. I also use it to see how people treat those they don't know. Anyways, the map that was being played was an infantry map, I want to say it was Moscow something but I honestly don't remember, I've only played it a couple of times. I was on the defending side (Russian) with the semi-automatic rifle just playing and minding my own business. True...... 52 kills while all the others were in 6 - 10 range
My play-style was IMHO not disruptive -- I was not cheating/hacking, exploiting, spawn-camping, or using any other lame tactics. At one point one of the RGN members said my gameplay was "Fishy". His name started with an E but I don't recall the full name... if I thought I was going to be kick/banned I would've turned on fraps. Because I have had a previous situation with Mike Nomad I thought it prudent to reveal my real name " ]nXs[Placebo Cyanide ". My hope was to show that I was a recognized honorable gamer he had played with in the past. That proved to be a misjudgement on my part because all it seemed to do was bring up questions as to why I need more than 1 name... /sigh.You mean you were looking for trouble and thought it best to hide behind a few different names. How very clever. Had you been up front instead of deceptive things might have been quite different.
In a previous game a while ago I had killed Mike by shooting him in the leg with a bolt while he was camping in the corner of a room... in fact, it was actually on the same map. His first reaction was to call BS/cheat. Because the server was not very populated I offered him to come back to the same spot of the map and I would show him how I killed him. From where his head was positioned he was unable to see through the door, However, since he was crouched, his leg stuck out a fair amount from his center mass, enough to be in my line of sight (it was not sticking through the wall). After I showed him this he accepted that I was not cheating.True.... and your point is? That was then and today was an entirely different, unrelated episode.
The current problem he had with my play style seemed to be centered around my ability to aim and hit center mass on most of my targets and reliably hip-shoot those whom were under 30 feet away. A couple of the non-RGN clan members thought my gameplay was fishy, but that is a fairly common reaction from pubbers on most servers so I never really pay attention to it. Mike said a couple of times in what I had assumed was a joking manner to stop doing so damned well or some words to that effect. It was not until the last warning which seemed to come mere seconds before the ban did I realize that he was becoming quite perturbed. At one point a RGN clan member spoke up saying that he had not seen anything that would indicate cheating/hacking/exploiting. Ignoring the council of his clan mate I was issued a ban by Mike Nomad. Again, we are not a Clan. All those players are friends. Had you respected my request to lighten up, all would've been fine. But you had to be a smart-ass and laugh my asking that you "cool it". In retrospect, I should've kicked you out the last time we had trouble with you. Then today would never have happened.
I do not, will not, and never have used a cheat or hack or exploit on any multi-player game. At this point I highly doubt it matters, as well as whether or not I actually want to rejoin the server. Despite that, if you guys will let me prove my innocence, then I will. If that requires me playing an infantry game with you guys and uploading a video to youtube or something then fine. Something just doesn't sit right with me being banned so swiftly when I am innocent... I can only imagine all the others like myself who did nothing wrong and were either ignored or did not bother to refute the claim. I find it very draconian and unjust to issue out an IP-Ban with no evidence what so ever. Admins do not put servers up so pimple-squeezing punks like you can come in and kill everyone with one shot kills and then laugh at people. I had not noticed your "activities" today until two other players mentioned it to me. Once I paid attention to it and made a comment, you left and came back in with a different name.... then finally, you admitted who you were.

However, you arrogantly continued with the one shot kills... Its people like you who with their kill streaks that empty a server in a very short time. Our regulars are not there solely for your egomaniacal amusement.
In the end, this is your guys' rodeo, so if that is how you want to run the show, then well, there's really nothing I or anyone else can do. If the high road is taken, I hope to see you guys in-game, if not, I wish the best of luck to the honorable players within your ranks. I had made the kick/ban session only but since you saw fit to post a wall of text saying much of nothing other than your innocence.... the BAN is now PERMANENT. Unfortunately, you give me no reason to do otherwise.

Placebo Cyanide
03-26-2011, 12:12 AM
"RGN is NOT a clan. You were abusing all the other players with your one shot kills."

Rifle shot to center mass = 1 shot kill, it is not an uncommon thing and I fail to see why playing well is causing so many problems on your server. If you were to go to any of the infantry and combined arms server you would see that 1 shot kills are VERY common for riflemen. expecting, scratch that, demanding that people purposefully miss makes absolutely no sense to me. It is far better to try to rise to the occasion and enjoy the game no matter the outcome rather than trying to bring others down to your level... Since your post makes no mention of your own initial accusations of cheating, does that mean you now feel that I am not cheating but my ban is still deserving because I play to well for your server?

"You mean you were looking for trouble and thought it best to hide behind a few different names. How very clever. Had you been up front instead of deceptive things might have been quite different."

erm, 1 different name, and I did nothing to seek trouble. I think using an alias to avoid talking to the people I know because I want to listen to music while I game is not of malicious intent. I rarely play on your guys' server so it makes no difference which name I use, other than you it would not have made a difference to anyone in the server, SteamID does not change. I changed my name for your benefit so that you would see that I was a person who was willing to prove my innocence in a calm and collected manner, as I had done in the past. In fact, I remember you complimenting that feature of my personality in our last instance, that it was a very rare trait of gamers and that you were thankful that I was willing to do that.

"True.... and you point is? That was then and today was an entirely different, unrelated episode. "

I think they are related. It goes to show that I'm willing to work with you to prove my innocence. The threat of kick/ban was present in both instances, as were the accusations of cheating/hacking/exploiting. I brought it up to show their similarities, not their differences.

"Again, we are not a Clan. All those players are friends. Had you respected my request to lighten up, all would've been fine. But you had to be a smart-ass and laugh my asking that you "cool it". In retrospect, I should've kicked you out the last time we had trouble with you. Then today would never have happened."

As I stated in my first post, I had assumed you were joking. For one, I've never been asked to lower my level of skill while playing a game for other people's benefit. Also, my laughing was because I perceived your warnings as compliments and jokes. Like I said, your choice to kick who you do is all you since it does appear this is a one man show "group" clan whatever title you want to use. If someone gets frustrated at a G.A.M.E. and kicks all those that are playing better than the rest will end up with a very sparsely populated server. If that is what you want and are looking for, then you're probably paying too much for a 32 person server. Also -- in that previous game I mentioned, I seem to recall MadDog from SHD having a score well over 100 while everyone else in the server had ~60... quite the double standard, food for thought.

"Admins do not put servers up so pimple-squeezing punks like you can come in and kill everyone with one shot kills and then laugh at people. I had not noticed your "activities" today until two other players mentioned it to me. Once I paid attention to it and made a comment, you left and came back in with a different name.... then finally, you admitted who you were.

However, you arrogantly continued with the one shot kills... Its people like you who with their kill streaks that empty a server in a very short time. Our regulars are not there solely for your egomaniacal amusement."

Arrogantly continued with one shot kills? lol, should I have humbly aimed for people's feet? A punk does not offer to jump through hoops, they simply rage on the spot. What could I do to make my argument here more clear, concise, and without heated emotion? You say that I laughed at people, the ONLY time I laughed was when you said to turn off my hacks, again, because I thought it was a joke. It is not often that I meet admins that are willing to bank a judgment call of cheating on no evidence and only 1 game... not even a full game now that I think of it. Not once the entire time I was there did I kill someone and laugh at them. To kill someone then maniacally laugh over VOIP is pretty lame thing to do. I know of others who have done it... but I am not one of them... I was very quiet with my comments simply saying nice shot or "ns" every once and a while until someone considered my game-play "fishy". After that I simply defended myself and assuring people that I was not cheating and saying thanks anytime someone paid a compliment. Also- I did not leave the game and come back under a different name, I opened up the in-game console and typed in "setname ]nXs[Placebo Cyanide". that allows you to change your name while ingame without leaving. My intention was not to "abuse" other players or satisfy whatever egomaniacal desires you think I had. I was there for the same reason as everyone else, to play a GAME and have fun. Players should not be punished for doing well on a server every now and then.

"I had made the kick/ban session only but since you saw fit to post a wall of text saying much of nothing other than your innocence.... the BAN is now PERMANENT. Unfortunately, you give me no reason to do otherwise."

You left me little choice. I attempted to add you as a friend on steam so that we could discuss it privately there but shortly after that I noticed that you had chosen to block all communications against me instead of talking it out. I waited a couple of hours until I posted the thread. Do not try and stretch the truth in saying that the ban was a session ban, it was a permanent IP ban. The last time I tried to get onto the server was minutes before I posted this thread, and the server was on an entirely different map.

Lastly, how have I given you no reason to do otherwise? I was guilty of no misconduct on your server other than playing well. I attempted to wait out the ban to see if it was session ban, I attempted to contact you privately. After I saw the ban was permanent and that you were ignoring all contact from me I correctly assumed you would respond to a forum post. In said forum post I offered to jump through whatever hoops you deemed necessary to prove that I was not cheating. You very obviously do not seem interested in finding out whether or not I cheat. The anger you are showing towards me seems to have nothing to do with your assumption of me cheating, and everything to do with the emotion you put into this video game. Ask yourself this- is there anything else that I could do that would warrant a reexamination of the permanent ban? I'm certain the answer is no. I hope that I am wrong and you choose to take the high road, if not, then to the respectable members of RGN, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in-game on other servers.

Mike Nomad
03-26-2011, 04:50 AM
The decision is final. Your disruptive behavior resulted in a permanent ban.

Guys like you think you can come in a server - rack up monster scores with amazingly perfect shots, at the expense of all the other players and be looked upon as a wonderfully competent "Harry the Hero" player. Forget it.

Exploits, hacks & config changes are all highly suspect.

Especially after we KNOW certain of our regulars are just as good as anyone else.

Further, we will not tolerate anyone hammering our players for the sake of a kill count. All that does is empty a server. Players leave in disgust.

Use (abuse) a different server....