PDA

View Full Version : POLL RATE: Black Ops Performance

Mike Nomad
11-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Since the report from users in Australia (http://forums.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=13017) - Let us see what your findings are....

(No, I didn't vote - I do not own BO)

[3rdArmy]CW-4
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I too don't know as I haven't played it.

Mike Nomad
11-10-2010, 06:18 AM
I see ppl are taking the poll, but there's no subsequent comments...

???

[3rdArmy]CW-4
11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
I see ppl are taking the poll, but there's no subsequent comments...

???

Sorry about that Mike, but wanted to get a little time behind me. My review could be one word... WAIT.

The maps are a bit small hence the 18 limit on players. The maps are really not much better that many custom maps for WaW. Given the tools, if they ever released, mappers could do the same I'm sure.

Lag - Major problem here with lag. Not just me but thousands are hitting the BO forums about laggy games, both SP and MP. So for game play I have to give it a 3 in SP and 0 in MP for game play. Hard to play when you are lagged out all the time.

Guns, seem under powered and sounds are not that great. But then again Treyarch didn't learn and went with the "occluded" sounds. So all the sounds are off in the game. Foot steps... Everything. BO is really screwed up in the sound department.

On the SP side of the house... We don't want a game that spends more time in cut scenes than playing the game. 4-5-6 minutes of cuts for each 5 minutes of game play just doesn't get it. Treyarch, if I wanted a real story, I would bought a book. At least a book doesn't lag.

More later.....

coldair
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I think they need to refund peoples money, call Infinity Wards old crew to fix this shit, after that they need to release dedis for MW2 and BO, than they need to apologize to the customers, publicly. And after all that the guy that came out with these new ideas, needs to be send to state prison for life.

zeroy
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I think they need to refund peoples money

I'd give them a few days - it sucks yes, for sure but despite the Lag issues there was over 62000 players online just an hour ago... Treyarch should however come out NOW and acknowledge the issues and update the consumers! A tweet from Vonderhaar doesnt cut it :mad:

Woogie
11-10-2010, 12:19 PM
An overall opinion on the game thus far is 'disappointing'.
The main problem right now is the server browser. I have yet to find my server. I'm sure this will be fixed shortly, but it should have not happened to start with. Poor Planning pure and simple.
The lag in not consistent on all servers. Some play like glass and other like mud.
The graphics are sub par..not impressive at all. 2 steps back from WaW.
Once I can get my server setup and run a few maps I will get a better idea of how it will play out.
Grade = F until some of this is fixed.

The silence will destroy this game and gameservers.com. Someone should say something even if it's wrong

-lDeDl-TootH
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I haven't bought as yet - still not sure but we have a review from our clan leader I thought I would share:

Well !!

After a frustrating 2 hours trying to get the game LOADED !!

Steam had crashed due to the number of connections, but at about 10.45pm last night I finally got the updated files for the Released DVD and got into game !! and my initial thoughts based on 2 hours of play are :-

Single Player

Absolutely SUPERB !! Fantastic Graphics although faces could be better, locations are with depth and alot of work has gone into the maps which are large. Interaction from the game is easy to follow but the point that really comes across is !! DETAIL !! A Lot of DETAIL has gone into this and it is another step up from MW2.

Riding vehicles like motorcycles and jeeps is better and certainly the sounds are amazing for gun fire which makes the game far more realistic.

Stopped after 40 minutes to play the Multiplayer so will post more as I progress through the game

Multiplayer

Never had any issues with connecting to servers but could not find our server so decided to jump in and try.

First thoughts reminded me of connecting via mw2 net connection and obviously you start off with low spec equipment which makes it hard to kill many people due to them being at level 32 already movement is good and the detail again is fantastic, some nice touches I like is being able to "buy" equipment that you actually want and configure your skin to what type of person you want to be.

They have amended "Martyrdom" to a type of last stand but still wasnt fussy about that, although if you get double pumped you are dead !! so this makes you double pump quite a lot in the early stages. Equipment and specs are really interesting and you have 10 custom classes where you can model yourself to different soldiers completely !! HOWEVER on each class you have to "Buy" the equipment for that spec of soldier which will mean taking some time to create different soldiers.

Cameras, remote detonation etc is fantastic and gives a more realistic modern day twist to the game, although I think the helicopter should be binned. They have altered the power of the helicopter plus you can actually destroy it with machine gun fire (not many reloads) but I think this should be set in server config as to the power of the bloody thing. Spy planes can also be shot out of the sky with a missile launcher (which you can pick up) but the main thing I like in this game is the maps !! they are BIG !! and makes the game far more enjoyable to play. The atmosphere on certain maps is fantastic which makes the hair on your neck stand up if you are using headphones as stealth is required rather than gun and run. You still get campers trying to rack up scores for the perks but the bigger maps make this less than MW2 and more acceptable.

Gameplay itself was excellent and I suffered no lag or disconnections like a lot of others have suffered and was 100 times better than BF2 !! so with a bit more tweaking both on server settings and tweaks to the game I believe this game could finally rival cod2 .... I loved it

I will add to this thread as I progress, but with our own server and a few tweaks as above I believe this is here to stay ... so would recommend buying it to any doubters .... It will def replace MW1 and MW2 and will be a serious contender to the final nail in the coffin for cod2 (Now thats a statement to make from me !!!!)

I am playing on a Dual Radeon 5850 X58 12Gig 1600mhz Corsair Monster, so did not get a hiccup anywhere in the game, and although Vince has said he did not like the graphics, I think that is down to him changing his settings to better ones in game.

Seriously I am running at full settings on everything and the detail is outstanding, I have also just discovered that I am not even running with the multi gpu setting turned ON so I will alter this later. The game IS leaps ahead of BF2 and when you get it you will see what I mean about the maps !! they are fantastic, I loved the space shuttle taking off mid game in one map, as the whole map shudders as it takes off which gives a real element to trying to shoot someone and everyone in game was staring up at the shuttle and not shooting anyone lol it was funny just looking at soldiers with their guns up in the air watching the shuttle !!!!

RafaS

Lucky or just that he runs an epic rig??

10-78 Busterking
11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Can you believe that all the BO servers are pre-set at sv_maxrate 5000 causing all the lag? We've been using sv_maxrate 25000 for how many versions now? They sure know what they are doing...LOL

Woogie
11-11-2010, 05:00 AM
What a difference a day makes.

I finally connected to my own server and got to play for a couple of hours. Between the maxrate update and booting players with pings over 250 the game played very well.

It still has several minor flaws . One most annoying is the final killcam.. it all screwed up.

Grade = B-

UnYawn
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I will be waiting at least a couple of weeks if not longer on purchasing Black Ops. Based on the FACTUAL stuff that I have read, and what I have witnessed at friends' houses, Black Ops is pretty much Black POops at the moment. That being said there is ample opportunity and time for Treyarch and Company to fix this and make it right.

I will also add that I still enjoy WaW and the new Medal of Honor.

TheMookster
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I have dual 9800gtx+ in SLI mode which are well above the minimum spec, 6Gb of ram, again this should be fine. But my processor an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 6000+ overclocked to 3.2Ghz is no where near good enough, I was getting 5fps at the start and have managed with a few tweaks
(running the: dvd drive\resources\redist\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe)
to get that up to 25-30fps on 1024x768 resolution which still makes this game totally unplayable.
OK as its been mentioned, most PC gamers know when they need an upgrade, and I know its my fault for buying the game while running a 'sub-standard' CPU, I should have held off the purchase until all the bugs have surfaced and been fixed, and an upgrade completed?
But I am thinking is it worth the 200 pounds + for a new motherboard and cpu?
because my biggest gripe is the fact that even at 25fps I cant even find my clan mates on OUR server because it does NOT show up in my list.....
So open the console and type /connect ?IP address?
Simples eh? NO, because that has been disabled or missing....great move Treyarch
I had such high hopes for this game too
Over & Out
a very very disappointed Mookster :ugh:

Woogie
11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I have nothing that would set the world on fire - AMD Phenom 2 940 X4 Quad core with a GTS250 GPU. On my server the game is very smooth. It gets choppy if high ping players join . One dvar that needs to be activated for ranked servers is the max ping. That would help a lot.

Indeed it is a big investment to upgrade cpu's but the games are only going to get more intense from here. Not just COD series but most all newer games have bigger demands. At some point you will have to make a move.

Our server has been maxed out since 4:00 AM central time in the USA.
100,000 players online right now.

zeroy
11-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Try now guys, Treyarch/Steam just pushed out an update

Mike Nomad
11-13-2010, 02:34 PM
A very minimal update by all indications..... Why must there be repeats of "sold broken in the box" with Activision?

The prices keep going up but the reliability and quality stays the same - LOUSY!

cme4pain
11-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Game is a POS! :ugh:

*UWS*ThisGuy
11-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Picked up the game yesterday.

No issues with finding servers...found ours right off the rip.

No lag what so ever for me....others were lagging during same game.

I had a lot of fun playing and found most of the maps enjoyable....This is coming from a Sniper only fella trapped in a RnG body. :p BUT....this is the shiny new toy for now...how quickly it wears off I don't know. We all know custom content would change that!

I did notice that when logged onto the RCON tool and being in game at the same time my game crashed 2x. Once to the blue screen and once just froze during a map load.