PDA

View Full Version : POLL What browser do YOU use?

Mr.Game
09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Just a poll that lingers on nearly every other forum out there...
It's a simple question really: "What browser do YOU use?"

I'm only using the main browsers with this poll (no need to go into others).

Along with that question, it would be nice to have responses of WHY you use that particular browser (Stability? User Interface? Speed? Security? Customization? Features?).

MY PART OF THE POST:
I myself use Opera Browser as my first choice. The dev's are very innovative and come up with things other browsers take years to adopt. Its extremely small (@10MB) and can be portable.
I hope not to bore you from reading this, I tried to make it short and bring up the main topics to this browser.
Speed: Superb, especially if you're on dial-up (see features).
Security: Updates are often (you can't say IE8 is the most secure browser if they don't update security issues).
Configurability: Way to in-depth for this post.
Features: All of these main features come "out-of-the-box" (so no need to install them separate).

"Opera Unite" allows me to sync all my browser's data together on multiple machines (and phones).
"Opera Turbo" compresses data before sending it to you (greatly used for phones with limited bandwidth).
"Opera Link" synchronizes all of my browsing data between other PC's and Phones (such as bookmarks/history/favorites)
"Opera Unite" allows me to share data with friends (e.g. pictures/music/files/web-pages) as if my PC were a server.
"Opera Dragonfly" Perfect to troubleshooting any problems with websites (for web developers) (it's like FireBug for FF)

User Interface: The UI that comes with this browser is interesting compared to other browsers, it would look somewhat like Chrome, but more customization, layouts and themes.
Stability: This is the only thing I would have against this browser, but if you're signed up on their forums, you get responses in a flash and if it's major, it's usually fixed in the next update.

10-78 Busterking
09-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Mozilla Firefox 4.6 beta, because it's AMAZING!

:wink1:

zeroy
09-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Mozilla Firefox 4.6 beta

Memory leaks from multiple tabs open are getting old with Firefox, i dont like having 500Mb of RAM dedicated to my web browser! Every version i tried had this problem on both my XP and Win7 machine.

Chrome all the way, since it came out. Light, Light and did i say Light too. :wink1:

10-78 Busterking
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Memory leaks from multiple tabs open are getting old with Firefox, i dont like having 500Mb of RAM dedicated to my web browser! Every version i tried had this problem on both my XP and Win7 machine.

Using it on Win7, 7 tabs opened, 144mb use. Not that bad at all.

I have 4GB of ram so it doesn't bother me. The benefits and speeds are worth it to me. I use 2 other computers, I synchronize my browsing with all of them, very neat feature. The interface is also easy to navigate and customize.

Mike Nomad
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Chrome all the way, since it came out. Light, Light and did i say Light too. :wink1:

OK, since we are eliciting person prefs.....

I tried Chrome, - still have it installed but it is missing "something". Well, its missing quite a bit and it screws with my SetPoint drivers.

I Voted for Fire Fox and have used FFox 4 B6 until the IE 9 beta was released and I installed it.

Once I tried IE9, there was no turning back.

IE9 is FAST FAST FAST... and offers everything I need in a browser.

I think MS may have gotten it right with this version.

zeroy
09-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think its definetly a matter of personal preferences and performances on each other's PC :d

Got to try IE9 beta but i still cant install it - apparently i need to install another half dozens of KB....

Mike Nomad
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I think its definetly a matter of personal preferences and performances on each other's PC :d

Got to try IE9 beta but i still cant install it - apparently i need to install another half dozens of KB....

Trying to install on XP? No go.

Vista and later only.

[3rdArmy]CW-4
09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Don't know about IE9b. My system has frozen several times using it. Had to do a hard shutdown as nothing else would work. Black screen, and no keyboard response. But then again it could be the beta Geforce driver too....

Mike Nomad
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
CW-4;85671']Don't know about IE9b. My system has frozen several times using it. Had to do a hard shutdown as nothing else would work. Black screen, and no keyboard response. But then again it could be the beta Geforce driver too....

Or something else running in the background - I am using the latest GeForce Beta driver too and IE9 with no trubs at all.

I dumped AVG in favor of MS Security Essentials. :wink2:

Robbo
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Any chance of some browser stats for the RGN site Mike? (If they are recorded that is).

zeroy
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Trying to install on XP? No go.

Vista and later only.

No, Win7 of course, still, Manual KB to be install prior :frown:

Mike Nomad
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
No, Win7 of course, still, Manual KB to be install prior :frown:

What.... is a manual KB? :confused:

miregrobar
09-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Chrome is the best. Lite and realy fast.

SevenSniff
09-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I mixed between Chrome and IE9 now... I love the speed of IE9, but it still has drawing issues, I've noticed some websites are still showing up weird. Youtube's play list doesn't work unless I put it into compatibility mode. But that is also a great feature to have :) Maybe when the full version is out I'll do a full move back to IE

zeroy
09-30-2010, 04:34 AM
What.... is a manual KB? :confused:

I get redirected to a KB (KnowledgeBase) Microsoft page where i have to download and manually install about 5-6 patches...

Mike Nomad
09-30-2010, 05:24 AM
I get redirected to a KB (KnowledgeBase) Microsoft page where i have to download and manually install about 5-6 patches...

Wow! That has not occurred here on all the machines I installed IE9 on. Very strange. I wonder why.

{stealth}
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Im using IE, why waste time to download other browsers when IE is just fine.
Besides at my work there is only one browser allowed and thats IE. I dont have no problems with it at home and neither at work.

wakka
10-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Google Chrome all the way unless a website does not work with it then its IE9

Woogie
10-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I have IE-9 beta on Win 7 for testing.
I will stay with Firefox as default for now but I have to say the IE-9 looks and feels very nice. It's a major improvement from IE-8
IE-9 beta is well worth the time to check out