PDA

View Full Version : Mortar Errors (solved)

superman
05-04-2007, 12:23 AM
ver1.6.3 (CURRENT)
window server
cod ver 1.3
CTF

I have noticed that the mortars and sometimes the rest of the WMD's are NOT dropping when called. Now, when I say that... I mean their not dropping on normal maps that already work with WMD's. Not sure if something was added to the wmd's, but this error below, goes on for about 30 or more pages in the logs and might be the cause of mortars not appearing.

******* script runtime error *******
type undefined is not an int: (file 'extreme/_ex_utils.gsc', line 1214)
if(effect == "generic") playfx(level.ex_effect["explosion_" + surfacefx], self.origin);
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_mortar_player.gsc', line 381)
self thread extreme\_ex_utils::scriptedfxradiusdamage(owner, undefined, "MOD_GRENADE", "mortar_mp", level.ex_mortar_radius, 500, 350, "generic", surfacefx, true, true, true);
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_mortar_player.gsc', line 330)
shell shellimpact(owner);
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_mortar_player.gsc', line 329)
wait (randomFloatRange( 1.5, 3));

Ok, I tested every type of WMD, and it is happening to them all, infact, you hear the sound effects, but before it
displays it's visuals it crashes the server. Appears to happen on maps with smaller sky boxes. Regardless, it should
happen to any server with CTF.

superman
05-04-2007, 03:42 AM
After several and I mean several hours into the night testing this and trying to figure out what was wrong with the code, I finally figured it out what went wrong...

Yep...

developer was set = "2"

I'm going to bed now.

Sorry for the trouble.

RaDioAcTivE
05-04-2007, 11:13 AM
aaahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhaa

Been there and done that one. We should really stop working on our servers at 2:00am when we should be sleeping. It's just so hard to stop and try to go to bed when there's an unsolved problem.

I just lie there and stare at the ceiling all night long.

richman
05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I feel your pain when up late at night....DUH!

No worries bud, we're all trying to pitch in and help... thx