PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Localized Entries

superman
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
ver1.6.3
window server
cod ver 1.3
CTF

I went through my logs last night, and found that more than 90 percent or 40 MB of my logs was:

WARNING: Non-localized Game Message string is not allowed to have letters in it. Must be changed over to a localized string: "PLAYERS NAME HERE"

This is getting ridiculous, and this doesn't even occur during a map vote. These localized strings will most of time go for a 100 lines with the same players name, and then begin with the next players name and then the next players name...

Currently I am using statsboard, and I am wondering if that is what is causing it, because I have NEVER seen this many localized strings before.

Is their a way around this for the statsboard, I understand that you found a way around it for the 50 map voting system, but this is crazy.

My server has been crashing every 3 days, although, I don't believe it is because of the localized strings... it does make one wonder, what is this mess doing to the server?

Marc.
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
this mess is called cod2....and particular messy with linux

statsboard yes...names arent localized....they cant be...linux suffers way more from those localized string issues then windows.
everytime the statsboard generates a statsframe with names.boom scrolls 5 entries to the console log.

same with some gametypes like ctfb.....again..names cant be localized

if you want to blame someone blame IW not the mod

i thought by now everyone would know about localized string issues particular with names.

no way to solve this....mapvote hasnt got this issue?..correct coz all the mapnames are precashed and localized...you cant do that with names....as noone knows what person does what at this or that point in time on the server