View Full Version : players getting kicked

richman
04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
ver 1.6.3
windows
single iwd

dobj for xmodel playerbody_german_winterdark has more that 127 bones

same but with russian_coat2

mg42 and 30cal enabled and this is the only change from eror free running.

some console errors:
******* script runtime error *******
failed to detach model 'xmodel/helmet_russian_padded_a' from tag '': (file 'extreme/_ex_main.gsc', line 1290)
self detach(self.hatModel , "");
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_main.gsc', line 955)
else if(randomInt(100) < level.ex_pophelmet && !self.ex_helmetpopped) self popHelmet( vDir, iDamage);
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/tdm.gsc', line 321)
self thread extreme\_ex_main::explayerkilled(eInflictor, attacker, iDamage, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vDir, ****Loc);
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_spawnlogic.gsc', line 759)
[[level.spawnlogic_oldCallbackPlayerKilled]](
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_callbacksetup.gsc', line 69)
[[level.callbackPlayerKilled]](eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vDir, ****Loc, timeOffset, deathAnimDuration);
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_callbacksetup.gsc', line 66)
CodeCallback_PlayerKilled(eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vDir, ****Loc, timeOffset, deathAnimDuration)
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/tdm.gsc', line 261)
self finishPlayerDamage(eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, iDFlags, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vPoint, vDir, ****Loc, psOffsetTime);
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_main.gsc', line 842)
[[level.ex_orignalPlayerDamage]](eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, iDFlags, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vPoint, vDir, ****Loc, psOffsetTime);
called from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_callbacksetup.gsc', line 59)
[[level.callbackPlayerDamage]](eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, iDFlags, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vPoint, vDir, ****Loc, timeOffset);
started from:
(file 'maps/mp/gametypes/_callbacksetup.gsc', line 56)
CodeCallback_PlayerDamage(eInflictor, eAttacker, iDamage, iDFlags, sMeansOfDeath, sWeapon, vPoint, vDir, ****Loc, timeOffset)

========
settings:

set ex_wdm_mobile_30cal "80"
set ex_wdm_mobile_mg42 "80"

set ex_mg30cal_limit "1"
set ex_mg42_limit "1"

set ex_mg30cal_ammo_limit "100" // default 500
set ex_mg42_ammo_limit "100" // default 500

set scr_allow_mg30cal "1"
set scr_allow_mg42 "1"

Marc.
04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah an old @$$#@ issue that trails back to cod1 ...thats where i saw it the first time....seems those 2 uniform types really have issues.

i really dont know how to resolve this other than change the uniform type ..eg winterdark to winterlight.....in the maps.gsc file.

i only assume that custom mapmakers almost never choose for the above 2 uniforms for this exact reason..you almost always see winterlight and padded (winter german and winter russian)

richman
04-29-2007, 10:43 PM
But Marc...

These errors didn't occur until I upgraded to ver 1.6.3 of ww2x.

:confused:

Marc.
04-30-2007, 03:55 AM
yeah that IS correct...and it also has to do with those mobile mg's ...
what i THINK happens is that any gun thats been carried becomes an extension of the player model...becomes a part of it and increases its structure

and also it seems that a model has a structure limit

now i dont know if its the mg model thats faulty or the playermodel itself...as i said before,....i dont know anything about modeling.

i tried to use the 30cal as model for the winterdark.....same outcome more then 127 bones.
i tried 3 "standalone" mobile mg mods (couldnt find more) in a stock cod2 game....same outcome ....when i used them on mp_leningrad (which is the only stock cod2 map that uses winterdark).....more then 127 bones

i must say..it doesnt happen all the time....but a lot indeed

it aint a big deal...coz any admin can copy and edit the map.gsc to the maps/mp folder of the mod (just a matter of changing winterdark to winterlight)
that way the map stays unaltered and the mod runs like a charm.(serverside fix only)
But i do understand that admins also like other uniform skins ....so this aint over yet

of the 65 maps i have on my server 50 custom..15 stock) only one conflicts with it.....mp_leningrad (which has winterdark for the germans).....so i imagine not a whole heap of maps use winterdark or coats2

BUT nevertheless.....ill keep on looking for another solution ofcourse....like i said somewhere above in my rambling...this aint over yet.

meanwhile....if anyone isnt sure how to edit the maps.gsc file to overcome this issue..let me know and ill do it for you.
just give me the mapname or better yet send me it (incase of version issues)..
then ill send back the altered file that you only need to place on your serverside of the mod in maps/mp

richman
04-30-2007, 10:53 PM
fair enough Marc...thx for the insite as usual.:wink1:

Leningrad was one we had problems with btw.

I'll make notes and add map names to this thread.