PDA

View Full Version : 30 cal weapons (solved)

superman
04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I keep getting complaints on my server about how
the 30 Cal machine guns and possible the german machine gun
sounds global when players shoot it.

If a player is on one side of the map and they shoot the machine gun,
then a player on the other side of the map, can actually hear it as if it was
right next to them.

Sounds very global?

Is it suppose to sound like this?

superman
05-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Players on my server is getting annoyed by the 30 cal sound effects being global...

Ugh... I am looking into trying to find a way to change it from global, but never found it in the soundaliases files.

I am still looking,
otherwise, I will just change the sound effect for the machine gun to something else, as 90 percent of the players on my server are so upset about the machine gun.

I really like the machine gun, although, in the future, you may want to consider limiting the machine gun to ranking levels, may want to do that with panzershrecks too! Just a thought...

But, God I am working quickly to fix the machine gun sound effects as the turrets were never made to work like this...

Marc.
05-01-2007, 01:02 PM
try the weapon files from the current download, (updated just now)...should fix the soundproblem....at least when tested it sounded ok

only need to replace the mobile_30cal and mobile_mg42 wep files....nothing else in the current download has been altered from the previous one (yesterday)

superman
05-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Major error found,
with the newly added no sprint feature for the 30 cal weapons,
which crashes the server instantly when a player presses to sprint.

I will repost the bug, but it relates back to the heavy no sprint in the sprintsystem for the 30/42 cal weaponary.

Had to // those out and allow players to sprint, to keep players from crashing the server every two seconds.

This is VERY BAD!!!

=Update=

well, if this wasn't working because of me having the developer set to 2,
then scratch this one off your list. LOL.

Marc.
05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
mod does not work.....or it WILL crash your server when developer is set to 1 or 2

SixGunJustice
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Win Xp
WW2X Server/Client Separate setup (v1.8)
DM

Nobody really uses the big mobile guns (.30 cal, mg42) on my server, but recently a new player has joined and he uses both of those guns alot . . . and the both have that universal sound . . . . ? very annoying.

As the thread title indicates, this problem has apparently been solved . . . what am I missing?

6Gun

Marc.
08-15-2007, 06:38 AM
hmzz, perhaps a mental laps on my side and accidently used wrong files again......wouldnt be the first time...lol

ill investigate .

SixGunJustice
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Have you been able to duplicate the sound problem marc? We have a big game tonite and I have received a couple emails from my players regarding the status of this issue. Perhaps I could just copy the weapon files from the version that this thread was about . . . do you remember which version this was?

6Gun

PunchyUK
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM
We have the same problem, but these big guns are not used much on our server, as I have made them useless unless you go prone with them, we also have the universal sound with mine and trip laying.

Marc.
08-18-2007, 07:32 AM
here we go (downloads are updated)

changed files:

ww2x/_wwx_hud.gsc
ww2x/_wwx_spawnpro.gsc
ww2x/_wwx_varcache.gsc

localizedstrings/quickmessage.str

soundaliases/mg.csv

weapons/mp/mobile_30cal
weapons/mp/mobile_mg42

sound/weapons/cal30/mrk_mobile_30cal.wav
sound/weapons/mg42/mrk_mobile_mg42.wav

scriptdata/monitoring.cfg

as for the trip and landmine sounds....cant find anything wrong with it....landmines use the same trip sound as the tripwires...and that sound hasnt been changed since day 1 of the extreme mod

SixGunJustice
08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks marc. The guys I play with will be very happy.:wink1:

6Gun