PDA

View Full Version : Question Mapvote.ini

SixGunJustice
04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Is it possible to comment out lines in the mapvote.ini file with // or something else?

6gun

Marc.
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
why dont you try it?..lol

but ok..the anwser is yes....just place // in front of the ones you dont want to show.

SixGunJustice
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I am such an idiot! First I had downloaded 1.6.2b thinking it was the latest update because it was at the top of the list - I could not find the mobile MG's or any changes in any cfg:confused: . Once I figured out that 1.6.3 was down below, I downloaded it and went through each cfg . . . and I found the section for mapvote.ini in gametypes.cfg . . . with excellent instructions, including the answer to my question above . . . and the mobile mg's! I've been having a brain fart recently it seems!

Sorry marc - I'm sure it is frustrating when you take the time to write down the instructions, then have some goof asking how to set it up. I'm not lazy, just not very bright sometimes.

The WW2X ingame vote list is absolutely awesome though! Great layout for both the games and gametypes - much nicer than the stock vote list.

6gun

Marc.
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
there are no stupid questions...altho sometimes one might think there are at times.....
questions get stupid if left unawnsered or stupidly replied on......i try to avoid that as much as possible..lol

about the callvote system..you had it almost right...its not awesome its AWE-CE some....as its developped by nedergeblansky and oddbal ..i just intergrated it in the mod..ALL credits go to them.

those guys bring mods to a whole new level by using scriptdata files and specially the drm method...and i dont want to hear yah ok....but you actually converted a major mod for it ....they make the tools...i just try to use them :)

ingame callvote + cfg bit...theirs...i cant even write a sentence without a spelling error in english.....rofl..(its true)

once again..hats off and many thanks to Ned. and Oddball

nedgerblansky
04-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks Marc :)

SixGunJustice
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Is there an easy way to increase the number of maps to 180 - add one extra screen?

EDIT: I think I found it in ingamevote.gsc . . . I was looking in the wrong gsc (mapvote.gsc).

6gun

SixGunJustice
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Okay, I thought if I changed:

if (level.vote_maps.size == 120)
break;

to

if (level.vote_maps.size == 180)
break;

in "extreme/_ex_ingamevote.gsc", I would get a third page in the ingame voting, but it did not work, so I guess I've shown I don't know what I am doing . . . . so I'll ask my original question . . . . is there an easy way to increase the number of allowed maps from 120?

6gun

nedgerblansky
04-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Not as simple as that...

Menu items have to be defined one by one.
You cannot create things dynamically like in scripts.

Yes it's possible, but creating menus is such a pain in the 4$$ I don't feel like doing that now.
I thought 120 was an acceptable limit, since most servers are running pure and cannot hold more than a few dozens of maps anyway.

Marc.
04-28-2007, 07:12 AM
took the libberty to add another 60..as i somehow think it has something to do with maprotations (commenting out maps etc if a other mappack for the rotations is added etc) that he wants another page.....lol...but i can be mistaken ofcourse.

check yer pm sixgun

if it works ok..altho i did test it..and seems just ok...ill ofcourse add it to all the next versions as well

SixGunJustice
04-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks Marc,

My server is pure and I have recently figured out how to run all 12 of my map packs at once (I re-read BW's post on the checksum issue and realized that I had missed a couple things) which equals 120 maps exactly . . . although my rotation can only hold 40-50 maps, now we can vote in any of my 120 maps during gameplay if we want.

I wanted a third page so I could add the stock maps to the vote list and I also have another 20-30 custom maps sitting on my hard drive waiting to be "MapPacked" . . . I figured "what the hell" lets go for 180 maps to choose from. The only question is how many paks can I run before that dreaded checksum error appears, but I will find out I guess.

I know most servers won't be doing this, so thanks again for doing this for me. Comparing the 120 map files with the 180 map files, I will probably be able to figure out how to add more if I need to.:)

I am heading out for the weekend, so I won't be able to test, but I will let you know if there are any issues early next week.

Thanks again,

6gun

SixGunJustice
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
It works great marc!

6gun

Marc.
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
cool, ive updated the downloads with it along with some other small updates (abbility to disable sprinting while carrying a mobile mg)

complete list of changed files:

_ex_camper.gsc
_ex_ingamevote.gcs
_ex_punishments.gsc
_ex_sprintsystem.gsc
_ex_varcache.gsc
mp_leningrad.gsc
callvote.menu
weaponcontrol.cfg