PDA

View Full Version : Mobile mg30cal and mg42

Marc.
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
A small encore :)

Added movable mg30cal (allies) and mg42 (axis) to the mod.
No putting down (prone)...but just like normal weapons to carry arround.
Added to primary and secondary menu and MG only menu.

Replaced awefull looking g43-sniper weapon menu image with a nicer one.

just have to find some weapon menu images for the mg's (cant create them myself on this bloody vista machine (program crashes) and ill upload the "new" version.

Edit:

Downloads released

SixGunJustice
04-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Nice job again Marc!:wink1:

Can you tell me which file(s) I need to update on my server? It takes quite awhile to go through every file each time a new update come out.

Thanks,

6gun

Marc.
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
uhhh a lot?

extreme folder:
_ex_airplanes.gsc
_ex_airstrike_player.gsc
_ex_obituary.gsc
_ex_weapons.gsc
_ex_weapons_norm.gsc
_ex_camper.gsc
_ex_tools.gsc
_ex_main.gsc

maps.mp/gametypes:
_weapons.gsc
_landmines.gsc

weapon_g43scoped.iwi NEW
am_weapon_30cal.iwi NEW
am_weapon_mg42.iwi NEW

localized strings:
mpui.str
weapon.str
quickmessage.str

materials:
am_weapon_30cal NEW
am_weapon_mg42 NEW
weapon_g43scoped NEW

materials/gfx/custom:
weapon_g43scoped.tga NEW

weapons/mp:
mobile_30cal NEW
mobile_mg42 NEW

ui_mp/scriptmenu:
quickcommands.menu

weapon_american.menu
weapon_american_knife_only.menu
weapon_american_mg_only.menu
weapon_american_sec.menu

same for all other nationalities

weapon_knife_only.menu
weapon_mg_only.menu

weaponcontrol.cfg (for the mobile mg's)
ambientfx.cfg (just added some custom map plane altitudes)

delete: in images: weapon_gewhrscoped (i think it was) same in the materials.....you can leave them but it saves space

gosh...hope i didnt forget one (didnt keep the changed files.so its out of head)

SixGunJustice
04-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Didn't expect that much detail:d I hunted through weaponcontrol.cfg, but did not notice any changes so I thought it might just be the client or server .iwd or both. Now that I think about it though, I may have been looking at the previous version's weaponcontrol.cfg when I was checking for the mobile mg section . . . I have too many versions of WW2X on my PC right now . . . I will have to do some cleanup then download the latest one again.

Thanks,

6gun

superman
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok I have an idea. Gee, bet you haven't heard that one before.

So, far the Machine Gun's 30 Cal and 42 just act like rifles. Which do quite well. The problem is that they tend to act like a nuisance like the panzerschrecks.

Since we don't want to make this any more difficult by coding the panzerschrecks or the Mobile Turrets into a ranking system,
we can instead work out two seperate ideas:

1) The 30 cal and 42 weaponary, can only be used in the prone position, a message would display saying weapon can only be used in prone or it can automatically force them down into prone to use the weapon.

I am trying to figure this out now, but so far, my 100 tests aren't panning out too well. Give me time though.

2) It might.... be possible... to code the 30 cal and 42 cal as a offhand weaponary. Such as nade, etc. Although, that would include alot more scripting... and the COD2 code is already limited for this type of weaponary being added to any other slot than primary. But, with alot of coding, it is possible. The 30 cal and 42 machine gun, could appear in the bottom right corner and when a player decides they want to layout the turret on the ground, the script would automatically drop a proned turret or 30/42.

Then actual weapon code would be programmed to script/30cal/prone, which would work and would use the code to have the display, say "Press F" to use the weapon on the ground. The prone weapon would remain on the ground until it was picked up.

There are two ways to pick up the weapon, one by using the existing script similar to defuse the tripwires or two have the player just walk right over the weapon and it will pick it up and add it as offhand ammo stash.

These two possibilities, might include some coding, but would make for a better 30/42 turret.

superman
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone has yet to figure out how to make this weapon (30/42) a prone only weapon, as I myself have hit a snag in trying to get it prone.

Although I'm still trying, wasn't sure if someone else has figured this out.

Ok I have an idea. Gee, bet you haven't heard that one before.

So, far the Machine Gun's 30 Cal and 42 just act like rifles. Which do quite well. The problem is that they tend to act like a nuisance like the panzerschrecks.

Since we don't want to make this any more difficult by coding the panzerschrecks or the Mobile Turrets into a ranking system,
we can instead work out two seperate ideas:

1) The 30 cal and 42 weaponary, can only be used in the prone position, a message would display saying weapon can only be used in prone or it can automatically force them down into prone to use the weapon.

I am trying to figure this out now, but so far, my 100 tests aren't panning out too well. Give me time though.

2) It might.... be possible... to code the 30 cal and 42 cal as a offhand weaponary. Such as nade, etc. Although, that would include alot more scripting... and the COD2 code is already limited for this type of weaponary being added to any other slot than primary. But, with alot of coding, it is possible. The 30 cal and 42 machine gun, could appear in the bottom right corner and when a player decides they want to layout the turret on the ground, the script would automatically drop a proned turret or 30/42.

Then actual weapon code would be programmed to script/30cal/prone, which would work and would use the code to have the display, say "Press F" to use the weapon on the ground. The prone weapon would remain on the ground until it was picked up.

There are two ways to pick up the weapon, one by using the existing script similar to defuse the tripwires or two have the player just walk right over the weapon and it will pick it up and add it as offhand ammo stash.

These two possibilities, might include some coding, but would make for a better 30/42 turret.

richman
05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
For me, I rely on Marc and what he developes.

I merely try to give him some useful feed back. Now if he takes those thoughts and incorporates them then great if not I press on.

I do however enjoy reading the various discussions as in your post above.

I have given Marc some feed back on these weapons.

See post: http://www.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=1207

Marc.
05-20-2007, 07:07 PM
what ive done is ADDED yet another type of mobile mg's

these ones are just like the others EXCEPT!!! you can only use them on prone......you have to deploy them so to speak....no firing when walking/running/stance....only prone

you have to press the ads button to go prone....which is indicated by a pointer...then it will say deploying mg and you go prone and can use it instantly

i added these new 30cal and mg42 instead of replacing them....why?....coz i think some admins rather like the ones where you can walk/sprint/prone/stance and fire at the same time

its simply a matter of disabling the ones you don't want in the weaponcontrol.cfg

this and some other things will be in the next release.....hopefully before next weekend.

richman
05-21-2007, 01:14 PM
:bravo:

Thanks Marc, excellent news.

Marc.
05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
actually the MUST be prone is a bit over the top..you can also deploy them on a box or a low wall or in a window...but the main thing is you have to deploy them...no shooting while walking.

also an overheating feature for the fixed turrets...when overheated (a temp-bar is shown) you take damage till you let it cool down again

just finished up all the weapon menus for the deployable turrets...works sweet

superman
05-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Good Lord Marc...

Infinity Ward should hire you to code their games.

:wink1:

actually the MUST be prone is a bit over the top..you can also deploy them on a box or a low wall or in a window...but the main thing is you have to deploy them...no shooting while walking.

also an overheating feature for the fixed turrets...when overheated (a temp-bar is shown) you take damage till you let it cool down again

just finished up all the weapon menus for the deployable turrets...works sweet

Marc