PDA

View Full Version : Bad Command Byte?

Dudenell
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
here is an ss... I cant even get into the server...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/dudenell/ScreenCapture-1.jpg

Marc.
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
that mostly occurs when you have multiple gametypes set in your maprotation.....it tends to give problems when you use more then 3 different gametypes in the rotation.....try it with 3...if it still fails...try 2.

also can happen when your maprotation is larger then 1024 bytes...make sure it is at least a byte smaller.

a third option are the info screens that cause this....altho i dont saw it happen yet with the mod that this was the reason

i would try the above 2 options...its most likly one of them..or a combination

Dudenell
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
that mostly occurs when you have multiple gametypes set in your maprotation.....it tends to give problems when you use more then 3 different gametypes in the rotation.....try it with 3...if it still fails...try 2.

also can happen when your maprotation is larger then 1024 bytes...make sure it is at least a byte smaller.

a third option are the info screens that cause this....altho i dont saw it happen yet with the mod that this was the reason

i would try the above 2 options...its most likly one of them..or a combination

I took out all the gametypes except tdm because thats all im looking to run so the file size is now 4000 bytes.. still cant get in... is there a way to disable this custom map rotation and just go with the stock?

Marc.
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
what this custom maprotation?.....you make your own with the custom maps if you have them.....otherwise just use the stock maps.

set g_gametype "tdm"

and then this is the maprotation....this part cant be bigger then 1024 bytes:

set sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_breakout map mp_brecourt map mp_burgundy map mp_carentan map mp_dawnville map mp_decoy map mp_downtown map mp_farmhouse map mp_harbor map mp_leningrad map mp_matmata map mp_railyard map mp_rhine map mp_toujane map mp_trainstation"

if it aint called in your commandline then set it here:

map_rotate

Dudenell
04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
what this custom maprotation?.....you make your own with the custom maps if you have them.....otherwise just use the stock maps.

set g_gametype "tdm"

and then this is the maprotation....this part cant be bigger then 1024 bytes:

set sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_breakout map mp_brecourt map mp_burgundy map mp_carentan map mp_dawnville map mp_decoy map mp_downtown map mp_farmhouse map mp_harbor map mp_leningrad map mp_matmata map mp_railyard map mp_rhine map mp_toujane map mp_trainstation"

if it aint called in your commandline then set it here:

map_rotate
the custom map rotation is your map rotation... the order you have set for the maps to rotate... I just added what you said above to the cfg file and i can finally get into the server.... but it still comes up with some of the map changes..

richman
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
The example map rotations supplied with the mod are not "custom" maps those are all stock.

Marc has it set to default to tdm gametype and tdm rotation with stock maps.

He has a separate rotation for each gametype as examples. All of which are commented out with // except for the TDM.

Needless to say, but by using // or not using // in front of the set map rotation lines will determine which rotation you use. Only have one rotation "enabled" at a time.

g/l

Dudenell
04-19-2007, 12:41 PM
i just took it out and put the map rotation into the configuration file... the message still comes up sometimes but not as often... people were actually able to join the other day...