PDA

View Full Version : Range Finder

Dak Knight
04-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Marc Would it Be to Hard To Include Range Finder To Mod If Feasible?

That would Be an Awesome Feature.

Just A thought!! Hehe:wink1:

Marc.
04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
add a what?

Dak Knight
04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Range finder is a way of looking threw binocs and getting the distance of an object or person away from you.

i have some code but cant get it working if you want can send.

Code Came From Iwn forums.

Marc.
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
umm and knowing a distance from one player to another or an object helps with.......ingame? (not blonde but dumb anyways.....ok i take that back....not wanna offend blondes)

Marc.
04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
You mean this?

http://wildcardonline.nl/images/wildcard/range.jpg

http://wildcardonline.nl/images/wildcard/range1.jpg

Dak Knight
04-13-2007, 11:41 PM
That s it Marc but i'm such a dufus I was thinking more in line with the scoped rifles like bottom pic. ( I had a houseful of women having a reunion party and it was distracting)

Sorry if i gave you wrong lead .

We have a sniper server with no cross maps and we run large open maps as well and this would come in handy for restricting minimum range kills on those maps.

Marc.
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
hmz, was there a glitch or something?....2nd time i post this reply...lol

I have it set up so if you use the binoc's (and rangefinder is enabled) the range shows up automaticly, and for the snipers it comes up when pressing the use key.
also an option to check range in yards or meters

however there the problem comes up again.......the damn use key issue...now not only for selfhealing...but also for planting landmines when your prone and want to check range.

someone knows if there is a way to detect a player using ADS (looking through the scope).....that would help out a lot

Marc.
04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
crude workaround:

IF range is equal or greater then 1 yard/meter AND your prone you can not plant a landmine when youre asking for a range

also

IF youre prone AND you arre planting a landmine (which means your viewingrange to the ground is less then 1 yard/meter) you cant selfheal

in all other cases you only start to selfheal if you press your usebutton longer then 1 second (....it sounds short but that 1 second is more then enough time to request a range)

sounds complicated...but its not

Dak Knight
04-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Sound good so far

don't you just love working on a half complete game.

superman
05-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Not sure if it works like this now,
but I find that the FRIENDLY WMD's is quite... horrible...

Although it can be shut off easily, the friendly WMD's almost
always keep players from landing a WMD on the map..

I was wondering if it would be possible to instead incorporate
the Range Finder as the limitation of when a WMD can be dropped.

Such as the WMD's wouldn't drop if the the player that called in the
WMD was too close to the actual dropping target. The range finder would
light up in red numerical text, which means that it would be too close to
drop WMD's, the range finder would then go green text, once the
WMD is safe to drop.

If you are to have the friendly wmd's, then please consider coding in
the possibility of :

- The player that dropped the WMD's being able to have the option to continue to drop it even when allied players are in the location or
the player that called in the WMD can cancel it, resulting in the message,
"Negative, to many friendly in the area! The Players get the option to kill their own people if they want, this is a war game."

- Lastly, PLEASE figure out a way for friendly's to be warned that they are in the vicinity of the WMD drop. Maybe a skull of death, or icon displaying a war head, or something, showing that if they don't move out of that area then they will die. (Not sure if this is already incorporated, I haven't seen it, although I haven't been looking for it either.)

I believe the range finder can be incorporated a little better with WMD's, right now it is a bit... primitive.

Marc.
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
the rangefinder is not incorporated with the wmd's its purly a function which was requested by snipers (sniperclans).

it only shows (if enabled) with your binoculars and sniper rifles

so the rangefinder is not MENT or designed to be used for other reasons ...but ofcourse if one wants to use them anyways...up to the server admin

again..it has never been incorporated to use with wmd's...just a standalone function

//************************************************** *************************************************
// Player or friendly in strike zone area
//************************************************** *************************************************
// 1 = enabled stops wmd strikes on team or player, 0 = disabled default allows stike anywhere
set ex_frndly "0"

this setting allows you to call in wmd...and kills anyone thats in range of the target

If a player is in range of the wmd strike...they do get a message...it always has...since the beginning of the extreme mod.

something like "player has called in an airstrike in your area...take cover"