PDA

View Full Version : script runtime error

richman
04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
window server
ver 1.6.2
single iwd

******* script runtime error *******
type undefined is not a localized string: (file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 893)
self.ex_stdiself[0] settext(getStatTitle(self.ex_showstat));
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 639)
self displayStat(chvr);
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 572)
wait 0.5;

undefined is not an array index: (file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 938)
if(isPlayer(stbdpl[i]) && isDefined(stbdpl[i].pers[var]) && isDefined(stbdpl[i].ex_statson) && isPlayer(stbdpl[j]) && isDefined(stbdpl[j].pers[var]) && isDefined(stbdpl[j].ex_statson))
called from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 639)
self displayStat(chvr);
started from:
(file 'extreme/_ex_statsboard.gsc', line 572)
wait 0.5;

Marc.
04-09-2007, 08:02 AM
confirmed, a fix is in the make :)

totally forgot to change some vallues when adding the knives into it.

Marc.
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
fixed

effects only the _ex_statsboard.gsc

downloads updated

SixGunJustice
04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey Marc,

I was testing 1.6.2 last night (Server & Client Separate Setup, Windows version) with 7 bots and my server crashed on MTL_Dawnville - script runtime error. Tried it again with 5 bots and it still crashed. Then I tried the next map in my rotation, MTL_Raiders and the server crashed before I could join, again a script runtime error. Sometimes I could get it to run for 10-12 minutes, other times only 1-2 minutes.

I thought it might be the bots, so I fired the server up again without the bots, joined it and just let it run through the rotation and it seemed to work fine.

Do you know of any issues with these maps and the mod? These maps worked flawlessly with 1.6.1. Can the bots be causing this? I noticed that you added some dvars specifically for MTL_Dawnville in 1.6.2 - could this be causing the errors?

I had 2 mappacks with 6 & 7 maps in them - 13 in total - in my main folder. Typically I have 6 packs in my main folder without any runtime errors - the 7th pack usually will cause this type of error, but the server never crashes, the player just gets the error and cannot join.

6gun

Marc.
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
i added dvars for mtl_dawnville?....

if i did that thats because they come from my own servers cfg files....

some maps have issues with linux....perhaps with windows too but i dont know that...i dont have windows servers.

mtl_raiders for example generates numurous runtime errors in the console log (linux).....so i adjusted some settings of that map (changed copy of the map.cfg in the mod).

dont think i had this for mtl dawnville tho

anyways any map specific dvars you see or find in the cfg files .you can delete.....its for my linux server only. (ofcourse there are some maps specific example settings where i used custom/stock maps for...but those are commented out)

bots can cause issues on custom maps yes....not seen a lot of maps where this was the case...but there are some

to see if its mod or possible mod related i would need to see the runtime errors/console log.

i run both of those maps on my linux server tho ....with the 1.6.2 mod.....and they play fine with 24 players 24/7

SixGunJustice
04-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I think you had disabled some ambientfx for mtl_dawnville . . . I think I saw it in another file somewhere else too, but I cannot remember. That shouldn't cause me any problems though.

I am pretty sure that the mtl_raiders issue is map related:

type undefined is not an int: (file 'maps/mp/raidmeteor2.gsc', line 47)
playfx (level._effect["raidmeteorfall2"][randomint(5)], origin);
started from:
(file 'maps/mp/raidmeteor2.gsc', line 46)
wait 13;

I cant find the mtl_dawnville error, but I do remember that it was a .gsc in the 'extreme' folder where the error occured.

I have the boys assembled tonite and we will give it a good test (without bots) and see what happens.

6gun

Marc.
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
yep that was the error i got with extreme+/ww2x on raider as well.....it didnt however crash the server....but spammed the console logs bigtime.

what i did to get rid of this error:

made a copy of the mtl_raiders.gsc file (maps/mp inside the map itself)

commented out these 2 lines:

//maps\mp\raidmeteor::main();
//maps\mp\raidmeteor2::main();

placed the altered copy into maps/mp of ww2x

this way the orriginal map itself stays unchanged....and clients dont have to download a new version...its a serverside fix :)...doesnt matter either if its a standalone map or if you placed it in a mappack

what it does is disabling those meteors that come falling down in the map...and voila ..no errors

i dunno if its a mod related bug or a map bug...i would guess the latter

as for mtl_dawnville....i didnt change anything on that one...runs flawless on linux and ww2x

SixGunJustice
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
You friggen rock my friend! A person can always rely on a quick reply and an instant solution or quick mod update from you. I have added the edited .gsc to my server file - we will see what happens tonite. I cannot wait to try out the landmines . . . I am drooling at the prospect of bouncing betty's.

I will try to duplicate the mtl_dawnville error and let you know what the error is exactly.

6gun

SixGunJustice
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Everything ran great last night, so it must have been the bots causing the problems in those 2 maps. I will test more when I get a chance.

6gun

Marc.
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
landmines are just that..landmines.....they arent bouncing betty's

i named those before because when i first saw a topic on landmines (over at the I/w/n/ forums ) they also mentioned a different model to use...or were going to try it anyways....those were the bouncing betty's.....when you trip them..they jump up from the ground like a spring...and explode somewhere at headlevel.

i didnt encounter them yet in a mod..nor did i read about it again....so i think were stuck wuth the normal ones we have now.

now were on models...i wished i could model....man im desperate for models....for the parachute, mines....and knife

and who can make a decent looking weapons menu picture for the knife?
i tried it..but all my trials looked crap (doesnt need to be the knife model used ingame)

richman
04-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry I wish I could help with modeling.:rolleyes:

btw
stats board seems to be good now ... big thanks