PDA

View Full Version : Landmines

Dak Knight
04-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Marc, Is It Too Difficult To Implement Landmines ?Outstanding

richman
04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Merc feature.

special weapons function, all dissapear if you die.

Marc.
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
not impossible, difficult...hmz...i dont know...dont think so....havent looked at it.

i think that what it does...is replacing the tripwires so to speak with a landmine...or at least something similar as the tripwires.......

grenade skin replaced by a landmine skin....also heard of bouncing bettys that way

or sticky bombs or satchels....doable ....certainly if its only a model change....but this would rsult in a replacement of either the smoke grenades...or fraggrenades....ofcourse controllable by dvar

but like i said..havent looked at those

dont you just hate the fact that cod2 lacks (yes another cod2 f..up) alternate weapons like uo?....if we had that..somuch more we could do with weapons
example: normal weapon is pistol...alternate weapon (M-key in uo?) knife.....and so forth

Dak Knight
04-06-2007, 02:27 AM
In Uo You could place satchels on ground then shoot it and it would blow .
lol wait for a suspect then watch him grow wings lol.

And those clowns have the nerve to start another limited F__up.

Bouncing Betty's now that sounds interesting lol.

Funny I mention it here and it shows up in another forum. Lol

Marc.
04-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Just to let you all know.....ive succesfully intergrated landmines into ww2x

its a seperate weapon, meaning you do have all normal weapons, grenades, smokegrenades tripwires etc.

btw ...i didnt implement them coz extreme+ is working on it also...but because it was requested here.

as i suspected its a feature that already exists in bullet worms powerserver mod....it was easy to implement it in ww2x.

when i saw the landmines in the game i also noticed that this prolly is the same as Joker from extreme is working on...cant be sure but i think it is.

What i want to do now is finetune this feature to my liking..as it has a lot of restrictions as it is now.....only 1 per person, explosions aint to my liking etc etc....i want at least create a possibility to give an x amount per person...controlable by dvar.

what i will do is implement what i have now into the mod...just for the ones who want to see what its going to be like.
it will not have much options...but at least you can turn them on or off so it wont interfear with other features if you dont want them

i will update the mod with thm tommorow,...version name will not change...as its still a work in progress.

Dak Knight
04-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Ooooh, Great news Marc. Thank You

By the way,mod running very smooth on our server with knives activated:bravo:

Great job.

Marc.
04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Landmines added, not quite finished.....but nevertheless they work fine

dvars in the weaponcontrol.cfg

Dak Knight
04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Swweet Works Perfect Sound effect good,

wording tells me i've been shot but minor to me, now i have to and see a medic to patch myself up lol

Thanks Marc.:bravo:

SixGunJustice
04-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Stupid question - How do you set a landmine - I assumed that it would be the same as setting a tripwire, but I only have the nades & smoke tripwires, no landmines.

6gun

richman
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Stupid question - How do you set a landmine - I assumed that it would be the same as setting a tripwire, but I only have the nades & smoke tripwires, no landmines.

6gun

I thought the weaponscontrol.cfg file had descriptions per setting for landmines, have a look. sorry at work right now

Marc.
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah settings and explanation is in the weaponcontrol.cfg

to plant them use the "use" key
defuse....must be crouch or prone and use the "use" key again.

SixGunJustice
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
See I told you it was a stupid question . . . . you are right Rich, the instructions are right there in the landmine section, go prone and press USE . . . DOH!

6gun

Marc.
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
like i stated earlyer...its not quite finished yet......for one....when you sprint while prone.....you set a mine.and visa versa.....have to set it so that....while sprinting....set landmine = 0

also saw mentioned that when blown up by a mine...you got the message been shot.....havent even noticed that one...lol

perhaps this featue is liked by a heap of admins....i personally dont think i will ever use it...but that personal ofcourse....i like to think that such mines are perfect for vehicles.....but we dont have any in cod2

nevertheless...yet again a new ww2x feature :).....long live DRM (bows to nedgerblansky)

Dak Knight
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Roger that Marc..Drm WW2X

Message was a personal thing and no biggie with us,

Knight bows Down To Marc and Ned ,:bravo:

Marc.
04-11-2007, 04:40 PM
small update in the _landmines.gsc:

when moving..no mine planting, so now you can crouch on yer belly sprinting or not all you want without getting the mine comming up. (i you have set the "use" key for sprinting...this could get anoying)
Like the trips....only planting when yer not moving around.

nedgerblansky
04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Roger that Marc..Drm WW2X

Message was a personal thing and no biggie with us,

Knight bows Down To Marc and Ned ,:bravo:

Thanks guys.
But consider DRM as some kind of "middleware".
It could not have been possible without some guy called Amwhere who posted on IWN his findings about the ability to read a file in CODscript.
And DRM alone is useless. It's Marc that brought life to it by converting WW2X. We even didn't do it with AWE !! (though AWE is using less dvars so it's not urgent... yet).

Dak Knight
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Sweet works like a charm Marc:d

You Guys are so modest with what you've brought to the table

As a long time user of Extreme mod (Roz) it just keeps getting better and better.:wink1:

richman
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
More of the...

if x then not y stuff.

healing with health packs and using the fkey, last night we ran into odd situations when you were wnating to heal and started planting.

Maybe restrict healing to crouch, but that sorta sucks it if you can't.

additional observations,

We did notice there are no restrictions as to where you can plant the mine.

e.g. Second floor of building in such... the mine disappears with the 2 unit below surface setting.

At the monent everyone is enjoying the hell out of this feature. Once if you get more control options (e.g. trip wire type stuff). One will have to work out a balance between trips and mines.

All good Marc, THX

Marc.
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
GOOD FIND!!!!!!!!

never realized the healthupdate function while crawling
mindboggling tho.....since its using the same key...how to detect when you want to heal yourself or you want to plant a mine....hmzzzzzzz

surface settings....uhmmmm landmine inside a building....uhmmmmm ....owkay....lol (way of saying....that i prolly cant limit/adjust the surfaces)

SixGunJustice
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Are the landmines SAFE for the person who set them? I did some testing last night by myself and set a couple landmines . . . level 2 . . . and could not see anything on the ground and could not trigger it when I ran over where I set it.

Idea: Maybe landmines could be incorporated into the rank system - more landmines on respawn as rank goes up?

6gun

Dak Knight
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Ditto Rich ,We had same as well, man was laying down to plant mine then stopped halfway and stood up to heal himself and he kept planting and trying to heal at same time, lol worked good tho gave me a free shot.

Guys just love this feature and had only one say he couldn't see them,

Marc.
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
yep safe for the person who sets them, and teammates (i thought)...unless that person switches teams.

still breaking my head over a way to overcome that healing issue
using melee key aint an option....tripwire plant issue (and i really dont want to start redoing tripwires)
disabling healing when prone aint an option....well it is but not a good one

fire key no option...obvious

stupid only 3 programmable keys issues in cod....grrrrrrr

restriction after restriction after restriction with this game....someone call those idiots and demand an SDK ?

richman
04-12-2007, 04:54 PM
restriction after restriction after restriction with this game....someone call those idiots and demand an SDK ?

grrr... that is one of those dead horses.

no worries...we're not too demanding....:p

SixGunJustice
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree Marc, no worries. You are adding awesome features faster than I have ever seen a mod progress . . . and all by yourself . . . me and the boys are still working at incorporating the knives & landmines into our gameplay amongst everything else that WW2X offers! Best mod I have ever used by far already and just keeps getting better!

You should take a night off and relax with a few brewsky's . . . you definately deserve it!:)

6gun

Marc.
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, made a rather less than perfect workaround for the healing vs landmine issue....an idea i got from the range finder.

you cant plant landmines if your viewing range exceeds 1 yard or meter AND when your prone...which aint all that bad actually.....if your viewing range exceeds that 1 yard or meter AND your prone....you can heal yourself if needed

IF youre prone AND your landmine ammo is greater or equal to 1 AND your viewing range is less then 1 yard/meter selfheal doesnt kick in....if one of these criteria isnt met...healing works as normal

sounds complicated..but it isnt..lol..basicly it says you can only plant a landmine if you put youre nose to the ground and that way selfhealing doesnt kick in.....even shorter......if your planting a landmine you simply cant selfheal

superman
05-01-2007, 02:39 AM
landmines act way too much like tripwires, although the landmines are a nice addition, I just believe that more could have been done with this.

Such as making them detonators...

Basically when an enemy player comes near or close to the proximity bomb,
it would alert the player that set them on the ground.

The player that set the proximity bombs, would then decide when to
blow it up.

The player would see a text message at the bottom of his screen that says
player near your proximity bomb 1, proximity bomb 2, proximity bomb 3 and so on.

The player could then decide when to press a certain button when it is ready, that will automatically blow the bomb on the ground, then the enemy would explode while it was near the ground bomb.

This makes it more fun an interactive.

I think tripwires and landmines are an interesting concept, but, why not spice it up a bit and have detonating proximity bombs.

SixGunJustice
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
A couple ideas for landmines . . . . not sure if it is possible, but if I had a wishlist . . .

1.) I agree, a landmine that is detonated remotely would be very cool
2.) Continuing with idea #1, the ability to "stick" mines onto vertical objects (vehicles, walls, trees . . . . ) and remtely detonate
3.) Bouncing Betty's have been mentioned . . . although I think Marc has already said that might be tough to do.

Just a few ideas to differentiate mines from trips.

6gun

Marc.
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
trips need 2 grenades....mines dont.....mines are....well mines

guys ...this isnt uo...a lot less can be done with this piece of crap cod2 ..pls keep that in mind, workaround for a workaround for a workaround with the ending result....a half working feature

that and the fact i work alone on this unfortunatly.....limited in time to do modding.

heck comming summer im on a 4 week vacation...how were gonna survive

modders wanted!!!....no payment..lolz

SixGunJustice
05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
No worries marc. 1.6.3 rocks as it is right now - it has breathed new life into POS2 and extended it's life . . . those were just a few ideas that my players were asking about . . . if they are even possible - I just thought I would throw it out there. My favorite is still the knives though . . . . friggen awesome/hilarious close combat fun!

6gun

Marc.
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
if i remember correctly remote det. satchels (uo) required weapon damage detection....which was present in uo....but not in cod2....thats also why you cant shoot on a grenade or tripwire and blow it up that way...which was possible in uo.....another fine example of IW not using the fantastic updates GM did in uo.....but ok...we can whine about it all day...it aint gonna change.

a lot of other features just require an enourmous...i almost say rediculous amount of scripting to make it work and look at least propper....let alone outstanding...if it can be done at all..again cod2 limitations.
i dont get frustrated by all the request i get from you guys.....its the POS game that gets to me everytime...lol.....well not so lol

about the knives..when i search forums all over the world...i see posts like...i changed knife model this and that (they were speaking of the orriginal knife mod from sevensniff (could only replace pistols and only bash someone with it)...but i never see an actual mod with that new model in it.

the reason i search for it is because i would like to have each nationality have its own knife model ( like these: http://www.2ndrangers.org/Weapons/Knives.JPG )...altho its mainly a fun feature ...its something i actually enjoy as well..

So if there are any model wizzards out there.........gimme a call......lol

Paulo88
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Marc... I can speak to seven and ask him if he can create more knife models if you wish ? :wink2:

Although I think hes busy creating a Rocket model for my next map.

Let me know....

Marc.
05-02-2007, 06:26 AM
that would be just great paulo..when hes got the time
also, a long time ago he wanted them throwable...perhaps he still wants the standalone version (for stock cod2)..if so..i made one 2 months back or so.