PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Moments - Preview

Mike Nomad
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 Beta begins TODAY!

To celebrate this, we released the Battlefield Moments Episode 2 based on Arica Harbor - the beta map.

See ‘Destruction 2.0’ in full effect as a sniper fights his way through the war-torn streets of Arica Harbor in order to secure a valuable objective for his team.

z9tZZSyI1YM

SOURCE (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2009/11/17/battlefield-moments-ep2-arica-harbor.aspx)

Messiah Complex
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
The sound in this game just blows me away.

Mike Nomad
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Thus far, the whole "ball-o-wax" is impressive!! :wink2:

10-78 Busterking
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Thus far, the whole "ball-o-wax" is impressive!! :wink2:

Well Mike, lets hope that they don't restrict the ranked servers to gsp only or you and I will be out of luck on having them on our gaming box.

maubo
11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Well Mike, lets hope that they don't restrict the ranked servers to gsp only or you and I will be out of luck on having them on our gaming box.

Me too!

But i'am afraid this is gonna happen just like the older series :whaa1:

zeroy
11-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Why? RGN and many here do not run COD Ranked? Whats the big deal?

10-78 Busterking
11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Why? RGN and many here do not run COD Ranked? Whats the big deal?

We find that without ranked servers the pubs just don't join. We do most of our recruiting on our servers. And that's a big deal for us.

one_richard
11-20-2009, 06:18 AM
NO hype no bullshit, this game kick ass.

A most have. :bravo:

zeroy
11-20-2009, 06:29 AM
We find that without ranked servers the pubs just don't join. We do most of our recruiting on our servers. And that's a big deal for us.

Yes true. Didnt think about it this way. Well we can only hope but i fear Ranked servers will be subject to GSP only.

wakka
11-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Yes true. Didnt think about it this way. Well we can only hope but i fear Ranked servers will be subject to GSP only.

GSP Only, select few (ie ones already reselling ranked servers), then pushing out to other GSP's

10-78 Busterking
11-20-2009, 10:06 AM
GSP Only, select few (ie ones already reselling ranked servers), then pushing out to other GSP's

That's very prejudicial to exclude some from having access to the entire game files. Aren't we all paying the same price for this game?

wakka
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
If you want to run a ranked server, assume you pass the criteria

for each slot you have (sell) you have to pay EA,

So say you see a ranked server at $2 a slot

1 goes to the GSP 1 goes to EA
^^ I do not know the equations , it may change with new version

The dedi files are pretty much the same, whether Ranked or Unranked.

With ranked servers you can run psb with it, but some GSP's are really cautious.

So you have to ask them to put it on, some have it on as standard.

Others wont give you time of day.

Its a big revenue stream for EA the ranked servers.

It does help prevent some cheating, but as we know not all

wakka
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Taken from an email back in bf2 days from ea

Something else to be aware of with Ranked servers is that they will have a number of settings hard-coded so that user's cannot adjust them. These settings were all set as below to keep the competition on Ranked servers balanced across all providers.

Min Players: 16
sv.password = empty string (there are some servers out there with passwords…Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players, thus they may not be the right leasing choice for all players…please make sure that your clients understand that they are not to password Ranked servers…this item will also be hard-coded in the first update, so again best to sort out now).

sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for maxPlayers 16, 10 for 32, 10 for 64)
sv.spawnTime 15
sv.manDownTime 15
sv.ticketRatio 100
sv.teamRatioPercent 100
sv.punkBuster 1

Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings.

Lastly, Ranked servers will not be allowed to run Mods or Custom Maps, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components.