PDA

View Full Version : knife not killing while players moving

RaDioAcTivE
04-02-2007, 02:42 AM
I noticed tonight that it seems like if a player is running or moving at all that the knife just bounces off of them. The only time it kills is either when it blows them up or if they're standing still.

I didn't have time to do a full test of this yet but tomorrow night at some point I'll try it in our test server with just one other person to fully confirm.

Has anyone else noticed this yet?

Marc.
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
havent had that issue yet, tested it before releasing with moving bots....altho they dont move that fast....and since then on a 24/7 crowded pub server.
Havent seen or heard anything yet

Dak Knight
04-04-2007, 11:36 PM
we had no issue either with knives killing people moving i got 1 person in butt running away at 101 feet , but we've turned it off for now as it was affecting lag and disconnecting players with pings of 999.

Other than that glitch mod runs nice.

Marc.
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
lag issue should be gone in 1.6.2 as i anounced earlyer....release is imminent..no really this time it is. (mainly a bugfix release....mainly)

superman
04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I've noticed a little bit a lag from it, but nothing drastic,
actually I would like to also say that I have noticed that some knifes or
the ones that you have as a secondary weapon, seems to just bounce
off enemies backs as they are moving away from you.

If the enemy is facing toward you, then the knife will usually hit them.

The explosions happen rarely, and I tend to notice the explosions happen at the head shot level, although I could be wrong, but thats what it looks like to me.

Havent tested the knives from the offhand class weaponary system yet.
Ranking system seems to be working Perfectly.

Knife is working well as secondary and I tend to see some smoke from them, but I'm running vehicle mod with it, and don't tend to see many issues from the knife as a secondary weapon. Hope to see more bug fixes for the knife soon.

You might want to consider changing the bounce settings for the knife, they make it harder for the knife to be realisitic.

Has anyone noticed when the knife/knives hit someone, does it cause blood splatter effects? Havent really paid attention to that.

I love the knife/knives, nice work marc!

Marc.
04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
the bounce settings can be adjusted in the weaponsfile itself...look for the word bounce..you will see lots of materials that the knife will bounce off..like grass, concrete, brick, dirt etc...simply deleting the bounce on x material will make it not bounce anymore on that material.....or set it to a lower vallue or 0

the reason i set it to bounce on somuch items is the fact that the knife in fact in simple terms..explodes...if you would throw it directly at your own feet in for example the grass...it would killyou as the explosion is near your feet......bouncing it away reduses this bigtime...

but like i said..its all about personal tweaking.

smoke..yes there is smoke..although not always visable.....next version will eradicate that.

bloodspatter...that is correct sir......on impact you will see bloodspatter....although.....also if you would hit a wall....and as it is an effect,....it also interveens with the (hidden) smoke......so in the next version i took it out

im in the middle of final testings...and those are all 15 gametypes....so this may take a while...as someone mentioned scoresettings per map didnt work....i think i found the cullprit on that...so im testing this with all gametypes.
Also found some weird strings..(spaces between characters..that didnt belong there) ..im not sure what caused those.....prolly from transfering files from my linux testrig...to to my windows work station and visa versa.....that also caused issues...hope i found them all.

I hope to finish up tomorow.....but 1.6.2 will be released this weekend for sure

Dak Knight
04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Excellent news Sir

Since introducing this mod to server ,have had 60 new people To Server in 2 days

Thank Y:bravo: ou

richman
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
windows server
ver 1.6.2
single iwd method

playing last night and having knives for primary or secondary.

If a knife carrier is killed with the knife held up, motion is like when you are cooking a nade, and he is killed the knife explodes.

I personally did't test this but members had made comments.

thx