PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.1 problem lag to con. inter.

richman
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
# windows
# windows ver 1.6.1
# single iwd setup

Just put this in tonight.

First let me say WWWOOOOOTTTT with knives!!!:bravo: Every aspect.

Some side effects we got. We had about 8-12 people on.

knives on
map: El Alamein
smoke
secondary weapons

everything seems to be running well for a while but the clients we pinging out. One then two people, then they would settle out a bit. Then shortly a couple others would start pinging out to the point were client's were getting connection interruption.

rotated the map and it wasn't as bad (next map was pirate_day custom map)but it happen again. we then opted to restart with other version.

Reviewed console log and it seemed to be ok, no errors.

I don't know Marc... I'll give it another go and see.

Dak Knight
03-30-2007, 10:48 PM
=[XS]=Xtreme Snipers
windows
v1.61 ww2x
Same here Ran For 3/hrs with any where up to 20 peeps on and ran very smooth

Then pings started jumping and some disconnected as soon as they disconnect
and reconnect smooth again.

Custom no cross sniper maps.

Mod Still loaded, run for awhile see how it goes

When normal runs very smooth say clients

Marc.
03-31-2007, 10:12 AM
think i found the cullprit

as they are now...it seems the knife generates smoke on impact...i could see that when i spectated myself with killcam when a bot killed me with a knife

i re-did some bits and pieces and now that issue no longer exists

also i suspect that this smoke effect caused the lag some experianced

also changed some animation...like the ADS with a knife...no longer looks like your firing with a pistol when firing ADS

Dak Knight
03-31-2007, 11:57 AM
yes Marc I think The knife part helps with lag as at the time there was plenty of knives being thrown,although pretty funny watching a knife bounced off ground and up and killing guys.

mod at times it seemed to glitch then smooth out, currently have 466 dvars loaded and going to reduce some of the things not really needed on server

other than the little hiccups players found mod smoother on their system:wink1:

superman
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
knives bounce?

That should be an easy fix.

Yep, I would think just "zero"-ing out the bounce settings in the knife or knives file
might solve that issue. Not sure. Worth a shot if you want to get rid of bounce.

richman
03-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Excellent news Marc.

The knife is an outstanding feature and with the little tweaks and full integration all I can say is wooot!

thanks for your time and efforts!

:bravo:

Dak Knight
03-31-2007, 01:55 PM
i echo richman ... this is the only way to go

and yes we were able to bounce knives off flat ground and kill a guy over 100 feet away also by bouncing them off walls as well, pretty funny really.
now that the funny stuff is over we will get back to sniping lol.

Thx Marc:d

Dak Knight
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey Richman not sure if this helps your lag, but for me it really smoothed server out with no disconnects or freezing or pausing.

I ftp'd to my host server and went to main and profile and checked the config_mp.cfg and lo and behold the hunkmeg setting was set to default 160

I changed it to 512 and now server runs with no glitches,So far

richman
04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
thanks, I'll give it a try.