PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble Installing on FTP Server

Dudenell
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I dont think that everything was set up the way I asked in the script files... I put all the files in my main folder because the server would not start up from the xx2x folder... by the way is this mod compatible on cod 2 version 1.0???

~Dan~

SixGunJustice
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
You will have to upgrade to 1.3 to use WW2X.

6gun

RaDioAcTivE
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm running a tdm WW2X 1.6 v1.0 server with no errors but due to the gamestate issue we have to pick and choose which effects we want turned on. Other then that the server runs fine. Matter of fact it runs better then the "old" versions do.

Dudenell
04-12-2007, 02:14 AM
radioactive have you had any trouble upgrading it to the 1.6.2? i just cant seem to get it working right?? could I possibly send you a private message and have you help me with the setup of the newest version... I have no idea what im doing wrong...

thanks,..
~Dan~

RaDioAcTivE
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
We have a test HTF 1.6.2 cod2 v1.0 server up and running right now to see how well it'll work.

I had some strange issues before where the server would lock up on startup and almost crash the dedicated box. The svchost would go to 100% cpu usage along with the game going from around 25meg ram to 600meg. Some sort of infinite loop error I'd guess but there was never any errors in any of the logs to point me in the right dirrection. This was on a DOM server for 1.6.0 and in the end I gave up on it. The strange thing is that the server started and ran fine for 3 or 4 times and then it started doing the lockup thing with only minor cfg changes. I went back to the original setup straight from Marc and it still wouldn't start back up again. We do have a tdm server running 1.6.1 with no issues.

Keep in mind that because of the gamestate issues you have to pick and choose which features you want to use carefully.

In the end I guess my answer is, "sort of".

Marc.
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
gamestate issues dont exist....cod2 has now 128k since the last 1.3 patch...thats more then we will ever need.

however i do agree that DOM tends to "lag" as hell with 24 players on it....specially when a new round starts we always get short connection interupted messages and problems.....then when everyone is playing again..no probs.

must be the amount of entities in the gametype...otherwise i wouldnt know....altho with that 128 k gamestate....shouldnt have any issues.......and the server specs are ok too.....more then ok

Dudenell
04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
ok here is my stupid question... can you show me where you have you files located in your call of duty folder... my server is not finding the scriptdata files and I have no idea why... they are in the same folder as the ww2x mod..., and they are not in the original scriptdata folder...

also my configuration file has the
wait

exec maprotation.cfg

exec wmdcontrol.cfg

exec weaponcontrol.cfg

exec security.cfg

exec playercontrol.cfg

exec ranksystem.cfg

exec monitoring.cfg

exec miscfeatures.cfg

exec maprotation.cfg

exec mapcontrol.cfg

exec healthcontrol.cfg

exec gametypes.cfg

exec clancontrol.cfg

exec ambientfx.cfg

at the end so it should be loading right...

Marc.
04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
why did you move the cfg files out of the scriptdata folder?

ww2x is using DRM which means most of the cfg files must be in the scriptdata folder inside your fs_game folder

DRM doesnt work without a scriptdata folder with the cfg files in it.

setup: files are green folders are red

your fs_game folder -in wich are located:

ww2x.iwd
ww2x_svr_1.6.iwd
audio.iwd
codserver.cfg
maprotation.cfg

still located in the fs_game folder scriptdata-which contains:
ambientfx.cfg
clancontrol.cfg
gametypes.cfg
healthcontrol.cfg
mapcontrol.cfg
mapvote.ini
miscfeatures.cfg
monitoring.cfg
playercontrol.cfg
ranksystem.cfg
security.cfg
weaponcontrol.cfg
wmdcontrol.cfg

i dont getting you using exec blah.cfg.....there is only 1 cfg that has the exec command.....why did you change it?

in the codserver.cfg at the end:

set scr_drm_cfg_1 "weaponcontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_2 "ambientfx.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_3 "clancontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_4 "miscfeatures.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_5 "mapcontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_6 "healthcontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_7 "monitoring.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_8 "playercontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_9 "ranksystem.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_10 "wmdcontrol.cfg"
set scr_drm_cfg_11 "gametypes.cfg"
exec maprotation.cfg

i really cant make it easyer as it comes with the mod....i even have put all the files in a folder called your_fs_game_folder......just rename that to whatever you wanna call your fs_game folder...and place it on your server.

richman
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
With Raiders and Marc's permission I'd be willing to help this guy on team speak if resolving this in the forum, for him, is to difficult.

I know in the past it is best to handle this in the forum so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Just a thought, thx

Marc.
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
permission granted...not that you need it.....helping out someone doesnt require permission.....certainly not mine :)

Dudenell
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
why did you move the cfg files out of the scriptdata folder?

ww2x is using DRM which means most of the cfg files must be in the scriptdata folder inside your fs_game folder

DRM doesnt work without a scriptdata folder with the cfg files in it.

setup: files are green folders are red

your fs_game folder -in wich are located:

ww2x.iwd
ww2x_svr_1.6.iwd
audio.iwd
codserver.cfg
maprotation.cfg

still located in the fs_game folder scriptdata-which contains:
ambientfx.cfg
clancontrol.cfg
gametypes.cfg
healthcontrol.cfg
mapcontrol.cfg
mapvote.ini
miscfeatures.cfg
monitoring.cfg
playercontrol.cfg
ranksystem.cfg
security.cfg
weaponcontrol.cfg
wmdcontrol.cfg

i dont getting you using exec blah.cfg.....there is only 1 cfg that has the exec command.....why did you change it?

in the codserver.cfg at the end:

exec maprotation.cfg

i really cant make it easyer as it comes with the mod....i even have put all the files in a folder called your_fs_game_folder......just rename that to whatever you wanna call your fs_game folder...and place it on your server.
actually I did not change it... the idiots that are running my sever did... I told them I was having trouble installing a mod so the guy did something and finally got the new upgraded mod to work(minus whats in the scriptdata file)... what is the ts ip and password?

richman
04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
1) what version of cod2 are you running?

2) do you have access to the game's command line?

3) do you have ftp access?

4) I assume you can start and stop the game?

5) Are you using file download redirection from a remote site or allowing clients to download from the game server?

lets see if we can get this to work by this method, (forums). Make sure you follow the pervious post by Marc for correct file location.

Don't be surprsed that we need to undo what your host has done. Mod installs are not their cup of tea.

Dudenell
04-13-2007, 12:24 PM
1.) im running on version 1.0 (the reason its on 1.0 is because the ratio of servers to players is higher than on 1.3, ive been able to get this working on 1.0 i just totally screwed up on the upgrade to 1.6.2)

2.) im assuming your talking about the console? yes I do have access to that or the configuration file? I have access to both

3.) yes I do have ftp access

4.) yep i can start and stop the game

5.) allowing people to download from the game server for now.

I told them to totally reinstall the game and they did that, so its fresh with no mods or anything

richman
04-14-2007, 12:17 AM
#2 is like this:

+set fs_savepath C:\UserFiles\richman\GameServers\TC322742364074804 83141786\ +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xx.xxx.xx +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

this is a stock command line for a windows server

with a mod folder installed this is what you command line would look like:

+set fs_savepath C:\UserFiles\richman\GameServers\TC322742364074804 83141786\ +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xx.xxx.xx +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +set fs_game ww2x +map_rotate

the red part is your mod folder and it would reside in the same folder that the "main" folder is in.

Dudenell
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
#2 is like this:

+set fs_savepath C:\UserFiles\richman\GameServers\TC322742364074804 83141786\ +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xx.xxx.xx +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

this is a stock command line for a windows server

with a mod folder installed this is what you command line would look like:

+set fs_savepath C:\UserFiles\richman\GameServers\TC322742364074804 83141786\ +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip xxx.xx.xxx.xx +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec server.cfg +set fs_game ww2x +map_rotate

the red part is your mod folder and it would reside in the same folder that the "main" folder is in.
ok I placed a new folder called ww2x in the main folder... but im unsure of how to get into the command line...

Dudenell
04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
ok i found the command line in startupparam... added that part... upload the mod?

Dudenell
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
added all the mod files, added this to the end of the configuration file

pb_sv_enable
wait
exec maprotation.cfg

also added these two things to the startupparam

+set fs_savepath C:\UserFiles\modforcod2\GameServers\TC322742364074 804 83141786\
and
+set fs_game ww2x

still isnt starting up with the modification...

wolfie
04-14-2007, 01:51 PM
most of the time your server provider has to put in the start up line. i use gameservers and if u ask them they will put the mod in and all u have to do is set the config files.

wolfie

richman
04-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry but this is not working out.

Maybe I'm not using the correct words.

the command lines that I showed you were just examples and not be used literly.

it is 2:50 pm est time right now. I'll be on my teamspeak for the next hour or so.

I'll pm you with my info.

RaDioAcTivE
04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
One thing I noticed is that you need to exec the codserver.cfg and not the server.cfg because the name was changed with the ddr release. That is unless you renamed the cfg in your fsgame folder.

Dudenell
04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I got it up at running :d :d :wink1: it was actually a problem with the mod... I was using 1.6.2 (not a) and when i downloaded the a version with nothing changed it started up! lol thanks again!

~Dan~

SixGunJustice
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
ok I placed a new folder called ww2x in the main folder... but im unsure of how to get into the command line...

I'm sure that you know this, but your fsgame folder (ww2x) should be within the same folder that holds the main folder (beside the main folder) , not inside the main folder.

6gun