PDA

View Full Version : WW2X v1.6.1 RELEASED

Marc.
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Changes
-----------
1.6.1:

# Knives made throwable, can be replacements for pistols and/or smokenades and also now features as a main weapon (dvar controlable) all combo's of the above are possible.

# Knife only menu added (dvar controlable)

# Panzerschreck reload sound fixed

# Reverted back to "old" artillery strike handling for various reasons

# Fixed spawn under/above map bug in CTFB gametype

Known Issues
-----------
Head and helmet popping are known to cause server crashes
Using the rain setting can cause serious lag on your server
Knives cant be picked up again after you switched them with another weapon or lost them in an other way
Knife impact on players occasionly causes them to blow up.

SixGunJustice
03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I cannot wait to try this out - thanks Marc!

Can you tell me which cfg's remain unchanged, so I only have to replace/reconfig the changed ones?

6gun

Marc.
03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
changes are in:

monitoring.cfg
weaponcontrol.cfg

Important:

settings for knife are for the pistol replacements and the smoke grenade replacements.

while

settings for knive are for the main primary/secondary weapon

its a small distinction ...only 1 character but still.... :)

SixGunJustice
03-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Awesome thanks Marc. Me and the boys are going to assemble tommorrow nite and give it a good test.

6Gun

RaDioAcTivE
03-27-2007, 02:59 AM
"Knife impact on players occasionly causes them to blow up."

Guess it's sort of 007 style. The amazing occasional exploding knife mod!!!!

That's one that should never be fixed. Way too cool. :bravo:

I too can't wait to try this out.

[3rdArmy]CW-4
03-27-2007, 09:53 AM
"Knife impact on players occasionly causes them to blow up."

Guess it's sort of 007 style. The amazing occasional exploding knife mod!!!!

That's one that should never be fixed. Way too cool. :bravo:

I too can't wait to try this out.

My guess is that it hits the pin on a Nade... then BOOM! :d

BTW, nice credits in the docs. Always give credit where credit is due, I say.:bravo:

Marc.
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM

But guess what a little bird told me today, or rather..showed me:

Tnic
eXtreme+ Support Crew
Sergeant

Re: knife mod
« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:50:53 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yep and you now have two options melee to stab and fire is to frow knife
I set the ammo to 999 but that can be adjusted I used the xanim\viewmodel_mk1_throw
looks awsome change a heap of settings in the weapon file not 100% sure
on the settings but its seems to be working well .

that post was from today...weird that all of a sudden after a lot of silence about knives in extreme+ this pops up.

Also i learned that the reason they banned me there was coz i took all the ideas ppl had and included it in ww2x.....guilty...i used 1 idea....in the new 1.6.1...and its not the knife...thats all my own

all..the ideas...roflmao..1 !!!!!!......they better reconsider what they are doing overthere...coz half the extreme mod is what i implemented....ban me...then no permission to use any of my code...rip it out of extreme guys.....you wanna play childish games...so can i

SixGunJustice
03-27-2007, 01:25 PM
In my opinion, ideas are public domain! When someone takes an idea and creates something from it, then it becomes theirs. FUUCK them if they ban you for using an idea that was posted over there. I posted ideas up there, in the old AWE forums and here, so who owns those ideas?

BTW marc, I tested the knife (replacing the pistola) with some bots & it works very smoothly. Couldn't get it to blow up on impact though, but I agree with CW, that glitch is too cool to remove. You da man!

One thing that I thought of is . . . is there any way of being able to control the distance the knife can be thrown (with dvars). I noticed that I could throw the knife much further than I could realistically throw one.

Raiders is lucky to have you, and the boys at eXtreme+ are just acting like sniveling children cuz they lost you - they should maybe take a hard look at themselves and consider why!

6gun

Marc.
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
One thing that I thought of is . . . is there any way of being able to control the distance the knife can be thrown (with dvars). I noticed that I could throw the knife much further than I could realistically throw one.
6gun

that is "hard"coded in the weaponsfile, projectilespeed\valuehere\

so no not controlable by dvar.....altho i must say...the damage is also coded in the same wep file and we have damage modifiers...so perhaps....lol

ill take a look at it

nedgerblansky
03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Congrats on this new version :bravo:

Considering that you're alone, you released 2 versions in a short time.
How many people are there in the eXtreme+ Support Crew now ? 5, maybe 8 people ?
And no new version since YOUR last version.

Nuff said.

Marc.
03-27-2007, 05:59 PM
2 versions .yeah ok...but not much changes in them really...the biggest thing was the drm method...and now the trowable knives...

yeah i am alone in this...NOT ....dont count yourself out with your drm and gametypes, also the peeps that report the bugs ....on forum or in pm..perhaps not that many as on the other site...but they count bigtime

i cant add features as fast as the other site does...like you said the other site has more folks to help out altho the coding there comes mostly from 3 peeps there at this moment as i saw it....but thats 2 more then here..lol

i would wish more admins would use ww2x...just to test the heck out of the drm...not much responses here ...but i doubt there would be many issues..if any.

on my own server it has no issues at all....runs perfectly.

so now comes the time for new additions and features...since dvars are no longer a problem..and that will take longer then the 2 latest versions :) ...

perhaps one of the first updates will be dom3 and ons 2...but i havent spoken to oddball yet...(word was end feb..for the gametypes)....but thats ok ..the 2 of you have been busy with awe

an other feature i would like to check out is the way you guys have circumvented the gametypes and maps limit in awe (at least thats the word)
not sure they ment the ingame callvote or the mapvote system. (havent looked at awe yet)

so also consider this a request to look at the code and if usefull...which im sure it is...if possible to use it in ww2x

ofcourse also carrying the heavy machineguns like in admiral mod...or better yet like the uo version is something i would like to add (for anyone from the other site...no its not an idea theft...read the forums and you will read i played with that idea before and already had it half working)

request for htf points awarding like ctfb ? has is not forgotten..

what i dont want to add is useless features like wallclimbing like in admiral.....on the other hand it can be fun for other people....and ssince dvar limit is no longer an issue....one could say why not?....you can switch it on or of....admins choise....(ofcourse wallclimbing is only one of the x examples)...so we will see

i dont want to become a admiral copy...but credits to mathius..he has a vast and great imagination...he is a great coder

now drm seems to be working perfectly...all this can be done

SixGunJustice
03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
i would wish more admins would use ww2x...just to test the heck out of the drm...not much responses here ...but i doubt there would be many issues..if any.

We play a few times a week for a few hours and have not had one problem yet. We will 1.6.1 a good go tonite.

One feature I would love to see, but I doubt it is possible and/or feasible, is a destroyable environment, ie blowing holes in walls, breaking glass etc . . . . A looooong time ago I played a game called Red Faction where you could literally destroy everything and leave a map completely in rubble - you could even blow the base of a tall sky rise and watch it topple. That was the single most awesome feature of any game I have ever played and I have wondered many times why games that have come out since then don't incorporate that feature into them.

6gun

Marc.
03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
those features belong to the maps...i know of some maps...that have braking glass in windows, or even destroy a part of a building when hit by an x weapon

when cod2 wasnt out yet i got the idea somewhere that there would be destroyable buildings etc.....dunno if anyone else heard it..but i thought there was

a mod can not destroy a building...that has to be defined in the levels ....models etc.

ofcourse i could be wrong...and anyone.if i am pls correct me...but i think i have the concept right.

nedgerblansky
03-27-2007, 07:04 PM
IMO it would be just like the drivable vehicles.
With hard work one could do something, but it would be clunky at best.
Unless this is implemented in the game engine itself, such things will not be easy to mod.

SixGunJustice
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Someone posted up here a while back saying a conversion was being developed and it would include at least a partially destroyable environment . . . . can't remember who that was, but I am thinking it was Norminator . . . . but I might be wrong. Haven't heard anything about that since then though.

6gun

richman
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey guys,

Excellent news Marc, good work.

I have ww2x on one server. Still running extreme on our other. I have been waiting for the dust to settle a bit on ww2x. But I think that time has come.

I will soon be using ww2x exclusively.:)

as a note:
I have a reported bug with extreme and will be testing ww2x as well.

I'm using these settings below and it seems the team score limit for the map is ignored, it remains at 10 while the roundlength works. Just food for thought at this point.

set scr_sd_roundlength "4" // round length in minutes
set scr_sd_roundlength_mp_vik1 "6"

set scr_sd_scorelimit "10" // Map team score limit per map
set scr_sd_scorelimit_mp_vik1 "5"

Thanks Marc for your work.

Dak Knight
03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey Marc Thank you

Version 1.6 i had all kinds of probs with, now 1.61 runs very smooth on my test server

1 config(monitoring ) caused me grief and i had an_fx error line 161(wait.05)
But that couldve been my error (oops my addin's) or a map.

Now running very smooth and just testing map rotation as i run a sniper server with no cross maps and want to make sure they rotate properly.

Once satisfied with that will be loading onto main server

Lol love the knife, Time to go scalping

Marc.
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
1.6 gave problems?...must have been the very first 1.6 ...there were indeed some issues with that one...along time i did update the 1.6 version but i didnt up the version numbers..shame on me....i always forget that. (1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.2 etc)

now 1.6.1 is released i will try to remind myself that with every update i up the numbers wether with a .1, .2 or a,b,c etc (prolly abc for minor updates) and ofcourse....when its a small adjustment...ill mention the changed files..so you dont have to edit the new version all over again.....just replace the old files with new ones

Monitoring bug...thanks for reminding me...i totally forgot about that....i experianced some bugs in that feature before....i think some commands did even crash the server....and i forgot to look at it (i dont use it myself)

the sd score limit...thanks for the headsup..ill look if ww2x has the same issue..should be an easy fix if it is....altho i thought i checked thourougly when implementing drm...but hey im not perfect.

thanks for the support and reports guys :)

Marc.
03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
admiral uses a scripted knife distance/speed/acuracy/damage...basicly even if a player is sprinting 200 yards away from you you can still easely hit them with the knife.

i find that rather very unrealistic and just like in real life..it should be difficult to hit a running/moving player....my way handles it exactly like all other weapon files....just like the pistols or rifles difficult to hit someone when moving up and down all the time...and not like admiral....kinda locking on a player like a heatseeking missile...lol

about the teambalane in dm......you sure you switched the teambalance dvar from the server.cfg to the playercontrol.cfg?

i must say..yoou are the second person who noticed this issue...so im gonna look into it.

SixGunJustice
03-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Marc, I was also getting a team balance thing going on in DM, so make that 3 people.;)

Tested 1.61 out yesterday for a few hours. Everything worked great with the knife except the hits did not always cause damage as expected. At close range sometimes hits did not cause any damage at all - even in the head, although a gut shot seemed always to be fatal. With some distance between us, it seemed to work abit better.

. . . then again, maybe we just have bad aims and/or too many brews:d

Everything considered, it was a whole bunch of fun and really adds to the game! :bravo:

6gun

Marc.
03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
teambalance bug confirmed
sd scorelimit bug confirmed

altho i think that scr vars are handled different then ex_ ones and is as designed....no scr_sd_scorelimit_mp_carentan while ex_scorelimit_sd_mp_carentan would work (not in extreme or ww2x implemented)

however..ofcourse i will see what i can do about it

Marc.
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
about the knives...noticed that as well....might be the bouncing....like a headshot.if you hit the helmet ...bounces of no damage...same goes for gun....(metal and wood).....

you prolly have seen it bounces of bricks dirt metal wood etc...i set it up so it would not bounce of cloth and flesh..perhaps some more tweaking....as when you throw a knife in the dirt or grass..normally it would just stick there..instead of bouncing off.......but then...if i didnt do that then if you would throw the knife at your own feet while you were standing on grass it would cause you damage

Marc.
03-31-2007, 11:57 AM
comming quick updates:

no (hidden?)smoke effect on knife impact....DONE
knife kills and deaths in statsboard....DONE
some obituary knife kill messages adjusted....DONE
animation change of ADS knife fire and normal throw (pullgrenade pin and ADSfire animation replaced)....DONE
intergration of all maps/gametypes in call vote menu (AWE)....DONE
fixed maprotation/gametype/next map hudmessages....DONE

Working on:

S&D roundlimit issue
DM gametype teambalance issue

No-body74
04-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I noticed, when you throw a knife to somebody very close that both "thrower" and "reciever" die. (radius for knifedamage?)

Marc.
04-02-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah ..thats a known issue...if you look into the weaponsfile you will see the damage radius set to 55 ...ive tried lower...50 works..but the lower you get how less damage there is done to the actual victim...believe 40 already makes them stay alive.....its a matter off personal tweaking